Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Snee to retire tomorrow

Rumor is picking up steam from BBI poster/fan

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Giants RG Chris Snee will announce his retirement from the NFL on Monday.
    Hat tip to Giants blog Big Blue Interactive for having this before anyone else. Initial reports indicated Snee would meet with team brass to discuss retirement, but Graziano reports Snee "has indeed decided to retire" at age 32. The four-time Pro Bowler's loss is a big one for Big Blue, as Brandon Mosley (59 career snaps) is now ticketed for right guard duties, with Will Beatty, Geoff Schwartz, J.D. Walton, and Justin Pugh at the other four spots. O-Line injuries torpedoed the Giants' running game last season. While we're trying to stay optimistic that won't happen again this year, things have certainly not gotten off on the right foot.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/183/chris-snee

Ty Chris Snee
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-20-2014 at 10:50 PM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    https://twitter.com/rvacchianonydn/s...91614727573504
    @RVacchianoNYDN: Chris Snee to meet w/Giants officials tomorrow to discuss future, and possible retirement ... http://t.co/q1ih6fVAql
    Ralphie V

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Oh - is he meeting with the Giants on day 1 of training camp? Really? Like every other player? Who'd have guessed.

I've been following Chris Snee closer than anyone outside the Giants organization and his family this offseason (no stalker lol) and I don't buy this for two seconds.

I wholeheartedly buy that he MAY very well retire mid-camp IF his body cant remotely hold up for him to put out an effort deserving of being the starting right guard. But I don't REMOTELY buy that he's not going to go out there and give it a shot before making his decision.

He's a leaner 310 than he's ever been in his life. He's in outstanding shape and condition. He's rehabbed, reshaped his body, put in a ton of work this offseason. He looks really good moving around (you can see this on OTA videos). His lower body is 100% (though still old and could break down, but health).

His elbow is the issue and supposedly still not completely healed, yet also on track. If that isn't going to heal in time for the season and only going to get worse now with hitting, then maybe all that work was truly a lost cause that wasn't anticipated, but even still, theres no way if I was in his shoes that I wouldn't give it one shot in pads.

Nobody puts in that type of work to get ready for the pads to see if you can go and just say **** it. I generally like Ralph V, but I personally think this is overreactive media ******** playing the drama for a story during a dead period that most people wouldn't second guess because its an offensive linemen and has genuine backing to it considering his circumstances. I could be wrong, and if I am, the elbow is worse than Snee and the staff portrayed it this offseason.

Still think this meeting is Snee and the Giants just having a spoken agreement on how they're going to handle him and is future and set a real timetable for making this decision. Its been understood the entire offseason he wanted to get to camp and then make a decision to play or retire. But again, the elbow could just be ****ed.

I'm not ready for this yet damnit, its ****ing Chris Snee. I don't care if he doesn't start but he is the ultimate Giant, so he needs to be a part of this SB season.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

1. Oh - is he meeting with the Giants on day 1 of training camp? Really? Like every other player? Who'd have guessed.

2 I've been following Chris Snee closer than anyone outside the Giants organization and his family this offseason (no stalker lol) and I don't buy this for two seconds.

1. Should we guess you had a bad weekend and are venting here?

2. Callingl out all the media and fans b/c you've been personally following Chris Snee closer than everybody else. Seriously?

vCash
    My weekend was spent fishing so I'd say it was pretty good, the end of my post indicated the reasoning for the overreaction - not ready for him to go.

I'm calling out the media because I think this is sensationalized crap of media tagging this crap 'May retire'. They hear he's having a meeting with the front office and jump to conclusions about what the outcome will be and turn it into a major story.

It's the media, they all suck. Just because they're Giants media doesn't exclude them. Who said anything about fans other than you?

vCash
    Oh good, b/c the rumor (as stated in the title) came from a poster on the BBI and not the media.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 3h

Saw @BigBlueInteract rumor Giants G Chris Snee to retire. Not yet. He meets w/ team brass tomorrow to discuss whether his body can make it.
    http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=498110
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-20-2014 at 08:49 PM.

vCash

Snee to retire - BBI rumor spreading

Espn is reporting he will announce his retirement tomorrow

vCash
    I'm so heartbroken right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'm so heartbroken right now
    I can cite things that have happened this past weekend to conjure up being heartbroken , ( how about 80 young children killed when their plane was blown out of the sky).

Snee retiring should not be an event that could cause you to be heartbroken . Disappointed, OK , but ," heartbroken ", sorry , no sympathy here .

vCash
    This news hurt

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    He will indeed be missed, his zone blocking.

Hopefully our new players can step up.

vCash
    **** your sympathy. Definitely not heart broken by those children dying - so nope. Unlike you I'm not going to sit here and pretend otherwise. I had absolutely no knowledge of any of their existence prior to their death. I would force Eli or anyone into retirement to bring them back if I could, a tragedy. But people die prematurely everyday, let's not act like they're any different.

Chris Snee on the other hand happens to be the best Giants offensive lineman possibly ever and definitely in my lifetime. Also happens to be my favorite Giant ever. Also happened to be a player a young offensive lineman often looked up to for inspiration. Also happens to be one of the good guys in football. Also happens to be the ultimate NYG.

I can't tell if you were being serious or not, but I'm not truly heartbroken sitting in my bed sobbing at the loss of a guy I've already mentioned could lose a camp battle to Jerry even if healthy like my mother died. It's a sad day as a Giants fan, even more so one like myself who has a greater appreciation for the position than most people on this planet.

vCash

****. Hope Mosley is ready unless Jerry wins it.

This blows. The last piece of the greatest Giants oline is leaving. Such a class act and team first guy. And just flat out dominant.

Really sucks. Everyone raved on how good he looked in minicamp. Guess he doesn't want to risk major injury. Can't blame him.

vCash

RG is now gonna be a great camp battle. Mosley, Richburg, Brewer, jerry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast