Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls Bigs Minutes Breakdown

For the first time since Asik was here the Bulls carry 4 big men capable and deserving of playing big minutes. Between the 4 we have 96 minutes to break down and divvy up. How would you or do you think these minutes will be broken down?

For me I can see it going like this:

1st Quarter:
    PF
    Gasol 8
    Taj 3
    Mirotic 1

C
    Noah 8
    Gasol 2
    Taj 2

2nd Quarter:
    PF
    Mirotic 4
    Gasol 4
    Taj 4

C
    Taj 4
    Noah 8

Then repeat 2nd half. That gives us 32 mintues for Noah, 28 for Gasol, 26 for Taj, and 10 for Mirotic. It also limits the amount of time Gasol and Taj are playing C. Obviously this is just a base and depending on the game by game situation a lot could change. For instance if we are winning big we could increase Taj and Mirotic's roles and allow Noah and Gasol to get some rest. In games that we are struggling to score and it's close late, we'd probably want Gasol in the game to get us easy baskets. In games we are down big we would increase Mirotic to get him minutes and allow his shooting to possibly bring us back into games.

This base is built for the average win for us. The type of game where Noah and Taj close it out defensively. The minutes should allow Mirotic to enter at a time where he's facing the other teams backups. It's also a time where there won't be to much pressure on him to start his career. I like the idea of getting him in within the last minute of the 1st to have shooting out there for a potential buzzer at a low pressure point in the game to build confidence.

vCash
    It'd be awfully disappointing if Mirotic is only playing 10 MPG, Rookie or not, he needs more than that and I kinda doubt they go that low on him considering the contract he just got.

I'd like to see something like: Noah 30, Gasol 28, Taj 20, Mirotic 18.

vCash
    Noah: 31 MPG
    Gasol: 27 MPG
    Taj: 26 MPG
    Mirotic: 12 MPG

I believe the possibility is strong that Gasol comes off the bench initially at C while Mirotic plays the 4 alongside him. After 5-6 minutes on the court together, Noah subs in at C while Gasol slides to PF. It makes a lot of sense and would allow Pau and Noah to stay fresh for the playoffs. I'm sure the depth the Bulls have up front was a big factor for Gasol coming here. He knows he's getting up there and health is everything.

vCash
    I hope Mirotic play more minutes. 10 minutes are too few. I guess he will play about 5-8mpg as SF at least.
    I'm NBA fan who write from Spain so... I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

vCash
    That's just a base though and that's early on to ease him into the game. The averages will go up on games we are up big or down big. That's when your 4th guy gets the extra minutes. It could turn out he's closer to 15 mpg by seasons end. I see him playing a Matt Bonner role early with clearly more skills to his game. If he could stand out in preseason and in his limited minutes the sky is the limit.

It might seem like it's a bit overcrowded but having 4 legit guys is great depth when injuries happen, for garbage time, and especially when your bigs are in foul trouble. We really can't start the season having Taj go from 28 minutes per game to 20 though. Gasol is an integral part of our interior scoring.

There might be nights we are up 20+ starting the 4th so we will see Mirotic and Taj get massive minutes while we rest Noah and Gasol, or we are down big time and need as much offense as possible so you maybe go Gasol and Mirotic. But if we are playing good basketball and maintaining solid leads, this breakdown is probably the most ideal for our makeup!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post

I believe the possibility is strong that Gasol comes off the bench initially at C
    taj was told he's keeping his role,gasol is starting(he wouldnt have come ere if he wasnt going to)

i cant say exact min break down,but i would guess that mirotic wont see much time to start, but as the season gets on he will,and will see some time at sf as well.i'm guessing noah,taj,gasol will see an average just short of 30mpg with mirotic seeing 15-20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    taj was told he's keeping his role,gasol is starting(he wouldnt have come ere if he wasnt going to)

i cant say exact min break down,but i would guess that mirotic wont see much time to start, but as the season gets on he will,and will see some time at sf as well.i'm guessing noah,taj,gasol will see an average just short of 30mpg with mirotic seeing 15-20
    While Gasol will probably start, Thibs also said that he hasn't ruled anything out and has to see the guys play together to figure out who fits best and who starts.

vCash
    Any way we put it the situation we are in is nice. I don't really see Noah playing less then 30 though and Mirotic averaging more then 15 tops. Noah is way to big a part of running the offense and is the heart and soul of our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It'd be awfully disappointing if Mirotic is only playing 10 MPG, Rookie or not, he needs more than that and I kinda doubt they go that low on him considering the contract he just got.

I'd like to see something like: Noah 30, Gasol 28, Taj 20, Mirotic 18.
    He said 10 minutes per half.

Edit: nevermind he didn't. Yeahhh 10 minutes is way to little for him. Needs at least 18 - 20 whether it be at the sf or pf positions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    He said 10 minutes per half.

Edit: nevermind he didn't. Yeahhh 10 minutes is way to little for him. Needs at least 18 - 20 whether it be at the sf or pf positions
    A good example of the minutes we might see for our 4 PF/C's come playoff time could be something similar to what the Clippers had with their 4 PG/SG's:

Paul's 36.3 Minutes would be Noah's.
    Redick's 27 Minutes would be Pau's.
    Crawford's 24 Minutes would be Taj's.
    Collison's 19.2 Minutes would be Mirotic's.

vCash

Bulls Bigs Minutes Breakdown

Looking at this thread made me think how Thibs had to be drooling when he learned we'd have all 4 of these guys lol.

vCash
    The only worry about any front court minutes is whether the team will be required to roll with it's 'strongest' defensive lineup for any long expanse of time. Due to a lack of ANY easy offense, in order to remain competitive in games, the Bulls were required to play it's strongest lineup to remain competitive (to startling success).

I actually think Thibs, for the first time and largely due to a balanced/more offensive squad, will be lenient with his rotations and minutes.

FWIW, best Bulls defensive lineup includes:

Noah
    Taj
    Butler/Someone ??? (Big question mark at the 3)
    Butler/Kirk
    Rose (Not ideal but likely required)

Gasol will likely find himself automatically rotated into his position regardless of defensive liabilities.

vCash
    I still think that Mirotic will be playing minutes at SF as well as PF. I see J. Butler , McDourmett and Mirotic splitting minutes as SF. I don't see Dunleavy in our rotation this season.

vCash
    Mirotic is a PF. Dunleavy is definitely getting minutes, most likely starting. And it's McDermott.

vCash
    D. Rose
    T. Snell
    J. Butler
    T. Gibson
    J. Noah

A. Brooks
    K. Hinrich
    D. McDourmette
    N. Mirotic
    P. Gasol

If I had to break the team up into 2 units, these would be the best options for a balance of offense and defense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast