Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams D-Line

vCash

Rams D-Line

In 3-5 years, could this D-Line be one for the ages? I love the potential of it: Quinn, Long, Donald, Brockers.

vCash
    Its already the best and it isn't close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Yeah, but once these guys get some help offensively and in the secondary, I can see them playing with less chips on their shoulders and be a bit more relaxed. The Rams offense still lacks WRs, OL, and a QB. Drafting Robinson helps on OL, but their QB needs are still apparent. I would love to see how they will do this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam makes the team. He is the SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year anyways.

vCash
    Bills D-line is close, maybe even ahead of them right now due to experience. Had 3 players from that D-line on the Top 100 list, and the 4th (Jerry Hughes) had 10 sacks last season.

But the Rams definitely look to be the best DL for a while as those players enter their prime.

vCash
    Fantastic DL, 3-5 years is going to be a nightmare to pay them all tho. Two stud DEs is going to be bad enough, but if Brockers continues on his upward trend, he'll cost them too (for reference, Ngata got a 12M average contract at DT). Will make it difficult to keep the rest of the D paid. Only issue with having a stud group IMO. LoB, SF LBs, a lot of money tied to one area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Bills D-line is close, maybe even ahead of them right now due to experience. Had 3 players from that D-line on the Top 100 list, and the 4th (Jerry Hughes) had 10 sacks last season.

But the Rams definitely look to be the best DL for a while as those players enter their prime.
    As someone who thibks more highley of the bills than most i dont think so. stl is most definitley better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Fantastic DL, 3-5 years is going to be a nightmare to pay them all tho. Two stud DEs is going to be bad enough, but if Brockers continues on his upward trend, he'll cost them too (for reference, Ngata got a 12M average contract at DT). Will make it difficult to keep the rest of the D paid. Only issue with having a stud group IMO. LoB, SF LBs, a lot of money tied to one area.
    A great problem to have. But, 100% it will be hard to keep this unit together, and still be able to pay talent at other key positions (both on D and O).

" Back on the grizzy. Sit back grab some fried chicken and gummy bears and enjoy the show."--Thus spaketh the Black Unicorn

vCash
    I think brockers is super underrated and will be a top 3 dt very soon.

vCash
    As someone who thibks more highley of the bills than most i dont think so. stl is most definitley better.
    Not at the DT position, at least not yet. I think Donald will be good but let's not crown him just yet. There have been lots of DTs that get picked in the 1st half of round 1 that don't live up to the hype.

vCash
    It was almost impossible for them to screw up with their 2 first round picks and the talent in this class. Adding Donald to an already top D-line is going to be scary. The Rams have a lot of talent on their team. Even if they finish last because of the strength of the NFC West, they aren't your average cellar dweller.
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    As another has said, Buffalo isn't that far off. We can't just assume the studs they drafted will be both be great right off the back.

That being said, this D-line will be a wrecking ball. It's going to win them some games. Perhaps, push them into the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    As another has said, Buffalo isn't that far off. We can't just assume the studs they drafted will be both be great right off the back.

That being said, this D-line will be a wrecking ball. It's going to win them some games. Perhaps, push them into the playoffs.
    Brockers is already a beast and only getting better.

vCash
    ********, its very close. The Rams have tons of talent, tons of youth, tons of potential. Its a very good DLine, but there are plenty of DLines close. Even those not necessarily matching in top end talent across the board - depth matters in a very rotation driven position group.

The Lions talent level is right there with the Rams. Ansah is still developing but nothing indicates this kid shouldn't be a stud. Fairley is as talented physically as any DT in the league should finally prove himself in a contract year.

The Bills are right there also assuming the have Dareus, but that kid is a ****ing idiot. Especially with Schwartz one gap front, they should be phenomenal.

The Panthers are right there. In fact, I wouldn't take any DL for this season over the Panthers if Hardy's inevitable suspension isn't longer than 4 games. They really set their defenses cornerstone quite well with Silatolu and Short at DT last year.

Theres some other groups with maybe not as much talent that could also outperform those with more talent. Theres also the fact that most of these units don't consider 3-4 teams because the average fan considers the rush a linebacker instead of an end. This is a league of parity.

The Rams undoubtedly have the highest upside of any group maybe ever, but they are not already the best by a wide margin - they very well may not be the best yet. I mean their supposed starting 3 technique hasn't taken a live NFL practice rep yet. I also think that player I'm referencing is very NFL ready and they could very well be the best DLine this year, but to say it isn't close is just wrong.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Ill admit i was a little over eager there but i truly believe it wont be a discussion very soon. The jets are also up there

vCash
    Houston may run a 3-4, but their name deserves to be mentioned here. Watt-Nix-Clowney has the potential to be a phenomenal D-line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast