Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

My Lineup thoughts

Obviously with the Mets playing great ball lately, we wont be fixing something that ain't broke for a while. I still think Wright should be moved out of the 3 hole and Dar-no makes for a good 2 hitter.

Granderson
    D'arnaud
    Murphy
    Wright
    Duda
    Lagares
    Kirk/Young
    Tejada

How do you guys like this lineup? The only issue I can think of is we lose a little speed with moving Murphy from 2 to 3, but Murphy has become our best pure hitter and I'd like to see him at 3.

vCash
    I don't see d'Arnaud as a table setter. I like him in RBI spots.

Granderson
    Wright
    d'Arnaud
    Duda
    Murphy
    Nieuwenhuis
    Lagares
    Tejada

Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo
    D'Arnaud batting 5th. Could he stick there? ďThatís up to Travis," TC says. "If he keeps hitting, heíll be hitting third in a couple weeks.Ē

Murphy makes more sense lower in the order because he puts in the ball in play and can drive in runners. I like the idea of Granderson and Wright at the top of the lineup.

But I don't this lineup actually coming into fruition...this year at least.

vCash

My Lineup thoughts

Grandy
    Murph
    Wright
    Duda
    TDA
    Juan
    Kirk
    Tejada

This makes the most sense to me. I like wright batting third and Travis hitting fifth gives Duda some protection

vCash
    Wright is a better hitter than Murphy. Wright's awful year is basically the equivalent of Murph's great year. The whole "best hitter needs to hit 3rd" thing is overrated though. The 2nd and 4th spots are just as important.

I like the lineup as is now. It is the one I had wanted for awhile, so I'm glad they are finally putting it out there. There are a few different ways they could tinker with it though (I think all the suggestions in this thread are reasonable) as long as the best guys are near the top, I don't think it matters all that much. I'd keep things as is for now, but another option might be flipping Murph and TDA if they really wanted to get TDA higher up. Murph has done an ok job at it this year, but traditionally he has not been a great OBP guy (and has trended in that direction somewhat lately...barely a .300 OBP since the start of June, and worse than that over the last month) but he's generally a pretty good hitter, can drive in some runs, etc. So he might be a good guy to hit in the middle/lower half of the lineup where OBP is less important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    Wright is a better hitter than Murphy.
    Who the heck would even argue against this? Despite having one of his worst years in a while, Wright's has created more offense (wRC+), THIS YEAR than Murphy has this year while having a career "All-Star" season.

vCash
    Looking at it quickly, I'd go with (using combined Steamer/ZiPS projections) as the best lineup

2B Murphy .324/.403
    3B Wright .356/.450
    1B Duda .339/.424
    RF Granderson .327/.424
    C d'Arnaud .307/.397
    LF Nieuwenhuis .294/.384
    CF Lagares .294/.361
    PITCHER .180/.180
    SS Tejada .319/.318

Though, in reality, I'd probably hit Lagares, Tejada and d'Arnaud higher to get them more experience for next year.

Using the Lineup Analysis Tool from Baseball Musings (does not consider handedness or speed) that lineup is expected to score 3.996 runs/game

The best lineup, scoring 4.016 runs per game, is
    3B Wright
    1B Duda
    CF Lagares
    RF Granderson
    2B Murphy
    LF Nieuwenhuis
    C d'Arnaud
    PITCHER
    SS Tejada

and the worst with 3.508 runs
    PITCHER
    CF Lagares
    C d'Arnaud
    SS Tejada
    LF Nieuwenhuis
    1B Duda
    2B Murphy
    3B Wright
    RF Granderson
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    Grandy
    TDA
    Murphy
    Duda
    Wright
    Lagares
    Kirk
    Tejada
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    I'd just like to see Campbell there more.

vCash
    Campbell may get over exposed and lose a bit. Imo keeping him and kirk in a fill in role works best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Who the heck would even argue against this? Despite having one of his worst years in a while, Wright's has created more offense (wRC+), THIS YEAR than Murphy has this year while having a career "All-Star" season.
    Well it looks like the OP would argue against that (he basically said as much in his post). And maybe macattack (if he put his lineup together thinking the best hitters should be at the top...but he might just prefer the best hitters in the middle).

vCash
    I really like Stuna's lineup above. Easily the most effective. If you were able to replace the Young/Kirk platoon with a monster cleanup hitter like Stanton, and slip him between d'Arnaud and Duda, that lineup is by far the best in the National League East.

vCash
    I think Murphy is a better 3 hitter than Wright. Murphy has just become a better situational hitter than Wright. He strikes out a lot less than Wright (54 to 74), and this year they have had nearly identical OBP/OPS/SLG/XBH numbers, so I would give Murphy the edge because a lot less K's in spots where you need to put the ball in play for a productive out.

Disclaimer: I know in this forum none of these stats/criteria matter and instead will result to SABR wRC/XYZ/etc..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    Well it looks like the OP would argue against that (he basically said as much in his post). And maybe macattack (if he put his lineup together thinking the best hitters should be at the top...but he might just prefer the best hitters in the middle).

I like Murphy hitting 3rd cuz it lengthens the line up and Wright hitting fifth for the same reason as well as I remember how well he has hit there in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I like Murphy hitting 3rd cuz it lengthens the line up and Wright hitting fifth for the same reason as well as I remember how well he has hit there in the past.
    I thought of Wright 5th for my lineup, but couldn't do it because I doubt they would put 2 lefties back2back at 3/4 spots

vCash
    I would also like to see duda hit with Wright protecting him. As for lefty lefty, I don't care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast