Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Matt Cain's elbow "has been cranky" since Spring Training

http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/mat...-start-tuesday

Even though he's turned it around recently, I think we were all worried something was wrong with Cain...

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    And our back up plan was hoping for Escobar to make the stride, which he hasn't, so we're stuck with Petit if Cain or any other pitcher goes down. Hearing this, chalk this up as another need.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-19-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Yes, they need to add a stretch bullpen guy at the very least.

vCash
    I knew they should have claimed Brad Mills...

vCash

vCash
    This season worries me. We need pieces, and the number of pieces we need keeps growing. However we are still in first place. It would be much easier to make this decision if we were ten games out.

I do not envy Sabean right now.

vCash
    The list just gets longer. Will it be injuries instead of other teams that do us in? With all the problems, we continue to hang in there. Cain is interesting in that, should they shut him down the rest of the way and get him on the table now or will they try to let him work through it. Would this now mean a starter is No. 1 on the get list? Our pitching hasn't been that bad kids. We still want to fix 2b. Is this position still tops on the wish list? Pence has done a great job leading off but we need AP back at the top. Makes the lineup longer. Not to worried about Belt but we may have to go with Panik at second.

vCash
    The problem here is, there are too many contenders and they all have needs. We may just get through this.

vCash
    We can't just "get through this". We need to bring in help. We may not be able to satisfy all our needs, that's a difficult task, but they need to address second base and center field first. I think they could fix the bench and bullpen in August through waivers. So I think Sabean should focus on second, center, and starters now.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    We're totally fine now that we signed Uggla, Sabean can get back to his naps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    We can't just "get through this". We need to bring in help. We may not be able to satisfy all our needs, that's a difficult task, but they need to address second base and center field first. I think they could fix the bench and bullpen in August through waivers. So I think Sabean should focus on second, center, and starters now.
    Well, you have to admit, we arn't being pushed to do anything. And who are these replacements that we are sure we can get that will help the club?

vCash
    Like I said, there are too many clubs in the same boat with us. We had better learn to piece this thing together from the inside. Uggla? They couldn't wait to get rid of him. A change of place and attitude will spark him is all we can hope for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Well, you have to admit, we arn't being pushed to do anything. And who are these replacements that we are sure we can get that will help the club?
    It really doesn't matter if we're being pushed to do anything or not though. If we need to do something and fill a need, they need to try and do it. Ignore what other teams are doing.

Players like Zobrist, Murphy, etc. I don't know who's available in the center field, starting pitching, bench, or bullpen market, but again, for the thousandth time, they can not sit on their hands. As for Zobrist and Murphy, and depending on whoever they may bring in, they are much more likely to produce than the players they are replacing.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-21-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Like I said, there are too many clubs in the same boat with us. We had better learn to piece this thing together from the inside. Uggla? They couldn't wait to get rid of him. A change of place and attitude will spark him is all we can hope for.
    #everyotheryear

vCash
    The problem here is, there are too many contenders and they all have needs. We may just get through this.
    This is an attitude that'll end with the team finishing in 3rd in the division. It doesn't matter who needs what, the Giants make plenty of money, they need to improve the team. A CF, 2B & SP along with a bench bat and a bullpen arm. Sabean needs to get it done, or the playoffs are a pipe dream.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast