Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did Houston Make a Mistake?

Now that Houston lost out on Melo, Lebron, etc, did they make a mistake or two? They could've entered the Kevin Love sweepstakes by letting go of Terrence Jones, Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons, picks, and some other young assets. They should've gone after Pau Gasol too since he could've given them a 4 even though the D'antoni system didn't work in LA. Ariza was a decent signing, but they stood pat for too long and missed out on some of the marquee guys.

vCash
    Yes
    They lost parsons, asik, lin, 1st rd pick, and only added ariza
    Fail

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes
    They lost parsons, asik, lin, 1st rd pick, and only added ariza
    Fail
    You keep saying this and u totally ignore the potential lottery pick from the asik trade.

you fail....over and over again. I've seen you write this exact thing multiple times.

Time to hop off?
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This is Kyrie's team, he won allstar game mvp last year. If Lebron doesn't want to cooperate he can be traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    we wont make the playoffs but will be better than Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    Ariza was better than Parsons last year and is better defensively than Parsons. I believe that Chandler has actually reached his ceiling and with his back spasms I don't think he has as long of a career as most. He's already lost some explosiveness from his rookie year and keep in mind he was a 4 year player at Florida, so he's older than what some remember or think. Parsons, Lin and Asik are all good players but none of them have earned the $15 million that they will receive this season.

Daryl Morey has set himself up for when a superstar pitches a fit either in a month or during the season and the Rockets will be able to absorb his contract.

Lin wore out his welcome with all of his stupid play, I really have to question if he actually attended classes at Harvard. He jumps to pass with no idea what to do far too often for someone who is supposed to be that smart.

Of the 3, Asik might be missed the most because you cannot teach height or find guys that don't mind doing the dirty work. Ariza will replace Parsons. Canaan will replace Lin. Even though Joey Dorsey is supposed to be an improved defender with his time overseas, I don't think he will be able to match what Asik did. The Rockets also picked up a pick from New Orleans that could be a decent pick from 4-16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    You keep saying this and u totally ignore the potential lottery pick from the asik trade.

you fail....over and over again. I've seen you write this exact thing multiple times.

Time to hop off?
    9 teams had a worse record than NO last season and NO added Asik. It could be a lottery pick, but it likely won't be a great pick.

Sugar coating it can only go so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Ariza was better than Parsons last year and is better defensively than Parsons. I believe that Chandler has actually reached his ceiling and with his back spasms I don't think he has as long of a career as most. He's already lost some explosiveness from his rookie year and keep in mind he was a 4 year player at Florida, so he's older than what some remember or think.
    Rockets fans:

One month ago: Parsons is way better than Ariza. He's you g and has potential.

Two weeks ago: Parson did better overall last season but Ariza plays better defense which is what we need anyway.

Today: Ariza is better than Parsons. In fact, Parsons is overrated and has injury concerns.

I can't wait to see how much worse Parsons gets in the next 2 weeks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    9 teams had a worse record than NO last season and NO added Asik. It could be a lottery pick, but it likely won't be a great pick.

Sugar coating it can only go so far.
    I'm not sure if u noticed but I said POTENTIAL lottery pick. That pick will be between 4-19 .
    This is Kyrie's team, he won allstar game mvp last year. If Lebron doesn't want to cooperate he can be traded.

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash

Time to hop off?
    Ok so
    Lose asik, lin, parsons,1st rd pick for ariza and MAYBE a lotto pick. And if it is, a late one.
    Still fail

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    I'm not sure if u noticed but I said POTENTIAL lottery pick. That pick will be between 4-19 .
    It would take a very fortuitous set of circumstances for Houston to have the pick be Top 5. I'd plan on 10-15 were I you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ok so
    Lose asik, lin, parsons,1st rd pick for ariza and MAYBE a lotto pick. And if it is, a late one.
    Still fail
    Lin's time was done. Asik was lost but he wasn't staying past next year anyway. Get a pick for him.

Parsons chased money. Lateral move by getting ariza.

So essentially we traded lin and a pick to gain flexibility to upgrade roster. Not the best offseason but certainly not a fail since offseason isn't over.

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    They made a mistake declining Parsons' option. At the time we all heard that it was about the right to match rather than let him go to UFA the next year. It made sense, but if they didn't actually want to use that right to match there was no point. They should have known he would have gotten overpaid like he did because that's what happens in FA. I guess their theory was that they would have matched if they got Bosh/Lebron/Melo. Still. that was banking too hard on landing a star that I don't think they were ever a lock to get. Poorly calculated risk IMO. I will say, however, that not giving Parsons $15 mil was a fine move. I don't fault them for that. They just didn't need to put themselves in the spot where they had to pay him that yet.

The Asik trade was great. Yeah they'll lose something but they got a solid pick back. Long term it was the right move. Howard and Harden are young enough where they don't need to be strictly win now. The Lin deal looks questionable but they can still make some more moves so we can't totally judge. They have remaining cap space and a trade exception from the deal. But Lin, while not great, was their 4th best scorer and one of their top 3 playmakers. They also lost Parsons (3rd scorer, also in top 3 playmakers). Ariza doesn't fill either of those skills. So the Rockets fans pretending like Lin is no loss are ridiculous. He was overpaid for what he brought but he brought something that they got no proven replacement for. Again though, they have cap space and maybe Cannan is good. It would have beeb nice if they held off on this deal until they knew they needed the cap space so they didn't have to give up their pick. However, the Lakers could have said if you don't do it now we're gonna spend our cap on someone else. I imagine HOU put off pulling the trigger as long as they could.

So in conclusion I don't think HOU had a very good offseason but it wasn't a complete disaster and train wreck like some are making it out to be. They still have a lot of flexibility for this offseason and next. With Harden and Howard still being young they don't have to go all in every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It would take a very fortuitous set of circumstances for Houston to have the pick be Top 5. I'd plan on 10-15 were I you.
    I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that we got something back that could be valuable for essentially an expiring contract that would've walked anyway.

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    Ariza was better than Parsons last year and is better defensively than Parsons. I believe that Chandler has actually reached his ceiling and with his back spasms I don't think he has as long of a career as most. He's already lost some explosiveness from his rookie year and keep in mind he was a 4 year player at Florida, so he's older than what some remember or think. Parsons, Lin and Asik are all good players but none of them have earned the $15 million that they will receive this season.

Daryl Morey has set himself up for when a superstar pitches a fit either in a month or during the season and the Rockets will be able to absorb his contract.

Lin wore out his welcome with all of his stupid play, I really have to question if he actually attended classes at Harvard. He jumps to pass with no idea what to do far too often for someone who is supposed to be that smart.

Of the 3, Asik might be missed the most because you cannot teach height or find guys that don't mind doing the dirty work. Ariza will replace Parsons. Canaan will replace Lin. Even though Joey Dorsey is supposed to be an improved defender with his time overseas, I don't think he will be able to match what Asik did. The Rockets also picked up a pick from New Orleans that could be a decent pick from 4-16.
    Ya i hear thats the toughest class they teach at Harvard: "Not jumping to pass". Not sure what that has to do with him attending classes lol. Im by no means a huge Lin supporter but to say Canaan can just jump in in his first year and give us 13 and 5 off the bench may be a bit premature. I sure hope Im wrong but alot of teams would gladly take Lins numbers for a 6th man, where in Houston he was the most hated player on the team. The Rockets will be fine as long as Harden has a good postseason, which based off his last 3 playoffs isnt very likely.

vCash
    I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that we got something back that could be valuable for essentially an expiring contract that would've walked anyway.
    I agree there. The Asik trade was a good trade from a basketball organization standpoint but it has, at least for next season, made the product on the floor worse.

vCash
    Replacing Parsons, Asik, Lin with Ariza is a tough sell. They lost a lot of depth. I don't know why HOU fans hate Lin so much, he gave them an efficient 13-14ppg off the bench and when Harden was out he was an efficient 20+ppg scorer... and Asik gave them 6 & 8 in just 20mpg, one of the better backups in the league.

And Ariza is nowhere near the player Parsons is... HOU had Ariza for one year and immediately traded him in 2010. In fact this is Ariza's 6th team in the last 6 years. He had a very solid year, second time he's done that in a contract year... but he is what he is... an average player at best offensively, and a decent defender.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast