Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dwyane Wade - Can he carry, regain prime?

Before we start, I'd love it if everyone watched Wades DVD "UNDENIABLE THE RISE OF DWYANE WADE" it's a great watch and is really suitable at this stage in Dwyane's career.

full video:
    NBA UNDENIABLE THE RISE OF DWYANE WADE DVD FULL: http://youtu.be/rD3IiCK1IvI

The NBA media and fanbase seems to always follow the players in the moment, hyping up guys like Paul George, and most recently Leonard. On the other spectrum, guys like kobe, rose, and wade are forgotten all too quickly.

Since he was a rookie, wade was overshadowed by lebron. We forget that he lead his previous 22 winning miami team to a second round playoff meeting in just his rookie year.

His second season, with an injured shaq, he lead them to the eastern conference finals.
    His third year, he won a finals MVP.
    His fourth year, instead of following doctors orders and performing a season ending surgery, he played through it just to get his veteran guys to the playoffs while averaging 27, 7, 5. Every year after, he carried his team to the playoffs.

Wade was and still is (when healthy) one of the few REAL superstars who can still carry a team past the first round.

"Home Is Where The Heart Is... My Home,My City,My House..#HeatLifer"
    http://t.co/lMmP2JTDQY
    If anyone has proven the critics wrong in the past, it was D Wade.

My question is, do you guys believe wade can regain his prime level again and possibly win a championship with this balanced squad of veterans?

Note: I am merely a raptors fan who enjoys the competition of the NBA. I'm far from a heat fan.
    Last edited by 0nekhmer; 07-19-2014 at 05:19 AM.

vCash
    he lost his explosiveness, i was watching vids of him in his prime wow dude had a ridiculous first step. he can become great again but i think he needs to lose some weight so he doesn't put too much pressure on those knees.

vCash
    Wade missed the playoffs in 08 and never got out of the first rd after his championship run. Until of course Lebron took his talents to south beach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Wade missed the playoffs in 08 and never got out of the first rd after his championship run. Until of course Lebron took his talents to south beach.
    you mean the season where he only played 51 games. and regards to not getting out the first round, you should look at his roster man, it was awful,.

vCash
    Shaq was pretty healthy in his first year woth Miami. In fact he and Steve Nash were neck in neck for mvp voting

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    He also didn't average 27, 5, 5 when he played injured in that series with Chicago, he played MUCH worse than that.

vCash

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    He also didn't average 27, 5, 5 when he played injured in that series with Chicago, he played MUCH worse than that.
    I was talking about the regular season, when he carried that dysfunctional team to the playoffs.

vCash
    Never liked d wade overrated and only puts up numbers in **** teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nekhmer:28815690
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    I was talking about the regular season, when he carried that dysfunctional team to the playoffs.
    Shaq and co carried them down the stretch while wade was out. They went on a huge win streak wothout him

vCash
    I thought this was one of those Friday the 13th movie threads.

vCash
    I mentioned in the "Wade has a slim chance to pass Kobe" thread that during his prime (04-05 through 10-11), his second year through the Big 3 first year, Wade averaged 26.5pts/5.2rbs/6.6asts/1.8stls/1.1blks on .486 shooting. Wade did everything on the basketball court and was practically as good as Lebron 2009-2011. Wade is truly a legend people do seem to have forgotten.

I do not think Wade will get back to THAT level but I think people are going to be shocked with what he does this upcoming season. Before Lebron arrived, Wade was the man, the ball handler, the go to guy, the scorer. Lebron is so ball dominant Wade has had to spend much of the last 3 years (it wasn't until 2011-2012 that this started happening) moving off the ball and waiting to get his looks, and over the last 3 years he is still averaging 20.8pts/4.8rbs/4.8asts/1.7stls/0.9blks on .520 shooting. 21/5/5 while playing the forever known Pippen role is pretty good.

Next season, Wade is going to have to be the ball handler again and with Lebron gone he doesn't have to defer with anyone. He will play with Bosh like he did with Shaq, they will share the load and the 2014-2015 Miami Heat will be their team, 1A and 1B. I honestly think we will see 24/5/6 from Wade next year in about 65 games, and 23/9 from Bosh. I think people at this time next year people will consider Wade top 10 again.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 07-19-2014 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Aren't we talking about what he can still do and not what he did? He had a great stretch and if were anything close to that there is no way in Hell LeBron goes to Cleveland. We might be talking about going for a possible four-peat right now.

vCash
    nah
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Aren't we talking about what he can still do and not what he did? He had a great stretch and if were anything close to that there is no way in Hell LeBron goes to Cleveland. We might be talking about going for a possible four-peat right now.
    This is Cleveland's best chance to bring a title to the city in 50 years, I don't think Miami could have done anything to keep him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast