Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

For those who play basketball, which decade in NBA would you want to play in?

Whether it be for the: rules, money, competition, etc.,
    1) Which decade fits your game the most
    2) Which decade would you want to play in (can use salary as a reason but not "2011-2020 will have iPhone 35).

Decade begins the with e.g 1961-1970.

vCash
    '80's. Purest and most competitive. Plus refs let them play and most players had pride/loyalty.

Bird- Never left
    Isiah- Never left
    Magic- Never left

They were trying to beat each other rather than team up.
    Also, there was no such thing as flopping.

vCash
    now, so i can get the max for being a scrub

vCash
    Now cus I'm only 5'11 n don't wanna get the **** beat outta me in the paint...oh n the $ ain't bad

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    w/ a bad back & bum rotator cuffs. i couldn't survive the 80's or early 90's.......the game is soft & players are such pansies today that i could probably score 12ppg

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    i want to get paid as much as possible, so this current Era would be my choice. ben gordon recently got a 2 year 9 million contract lol i mean come on.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    90's

They had the deepest C/PF and a LOT of great point guards, plus some guy named Jordan AND they got PAID in the 90's.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Considering my one plus skill is 3-pt shooting it'd have to be today. In my rec league I average 7 3-pt attempts a game, you couldn't get away with that in any other era lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DemarDerozan View Post

Bird- Never left
    Isiah- Never left
    Magic- Never left

They were trying to beat each other rather than team up.

Also, there was no such thing as flopping.
    They didn't have to leave to team up, the management was capable of teaming them up with other stars through trades and drafting etc. Unfortunately some front offices are so incompetent, they can't build around a superstar so that superstar has to take things into his own hands.

Also, flopping did exist, the fact that you think it didn't makes me wonder how familiar you are with that era. Bill Laimbeer is one of the most well known floppers in the history of the league, possibly the worst ever. You also had Miller (late 80s as a rook), Danny Ainge, B.Free, to name the main culprits.

Flopping is more prevalent now than it was then but to say it didn't exist at all is just foolish. The changing of the rules has more to do with flopping than the players, if 80s players played with todays rules they would most certainly be flopping just as much. The hand checking rule in particular was a massive part of it, with hand checking rules in place, players can flop while driving to the basket and referees will be forced to call a foul. Personally I think the removal of hand checking from the NBA has been a positive development but it has come with some unfortunate consequences.

Anyway... I would play in todays era, because I'm small and there's a d-league.
    Last edited by Goose17; 07-19-2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Today
    My only ever plus $kill wa$ 3 pt $hooting. And the $$$ now i$ $o much higher
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    All I know is that this Era is the worst ever. I'd probably want to play in the 90s where great players were just great players. Not because ESPN made your mind up for you

vCash
    Now because you can't touch a wing player or shooter. If you drive to the rim and get hit, it's a flagrant these days. Plus, the money's better than it ever has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    They didn't have to leave to team up, the management was capable of teaming them up with other stars through trades and drafting etc. Unfortunately some front offices are so incompetent, they can't build around a superstar so that superstar has to take things into his own hands.

Also, flopping did exist, the fact that you think it didn't makes me wonder how familiar you are with that era. Bill Laimbeer is one of the most well known floppers in the history of the league, possibly the worst ever. You also had Miller (late 80s as a rook), Danny Ainge, B.Free, to name the main culprits.

Flopping is more prevalent now than it was then but to say it didn't exist at all is just foolish. The changing of the rules has more to do with flopping than the players, if 80s players played with todays rules they would most certainly be flopping just as much. The hand checking rule in particular was a massive part of it, with hand checking rules in place, players can flop while driving to the basket and referees will be forced to call a foul. Personally I think the removal of hand checking from the NBA has been a positive development but it has come with some unfortunate consequences.

Anyway... I would play in todays era, because I'm small and there's a d-league.
    You will never win the "today's superstars had to team up to win argument". Your argument is pathetic and transparent and somewhat reflective of today's society. Everyone gets a trophy and people in general are more prone to take the easy way out. The Spurs did it the right way and there are plenty of other competent GMs and owners in the league.

Of course some players in the '80s flopped. But it wasn't a phenomenon like it is today. Flopping has become a much larger part of the game that correlates with the number of weak players in the league.

The only player on your Warriors team that would have a chance in the 80s is AI.

vCash
    Today. No hand check. Can't impede offensive players progress. Lots of euros and athletically challenged white guys.

Yeah today....

vCash
    the free flowing 80's where my lack of desire to guard anyone would have been seen as the norm

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast