Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Timberwolves prefer Klay Thompson to Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade

Wolves would be crazy to pass up Wiggins for Klay imo

If the Cavaliers are really willing to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, the deal should be completed soon.

The Timberwolves can take advantage of LeBron James’ desire to play with Love and get phenomenal return for a player who might walk in a year.

It’s a no-brainer.

Unless…

Joe Kotoch of Pro Basketball Draft:
    "Not to burst Cavs fans bubble but if Warriors are willing to include Thompson that trumps Cavs. Wolves prefer Klay bc more ready per source."

Klay Thompson is more ready? Ready to do what? Help Minnesota win 40 games again?

The Timberwolves finished 10th in the West last season with Love. Regardless of whether they trade the top-10 player for Thompson or Wiggins, they’re taking a step back. Flip Saunders isn’t that good of a coach, and the rest of the roster didn’t change much.

The West is too strong, anyway. Minnesota is better off rebuilding in earnest with Wiggins and letting the conference’s top teams cool off. Even if the Timberwolves were somewhat positioned to win now – they’re not – the intense intra-conference competition should push them in the direction of a longer-term process.

I hope Saunders is just trying to leverage the Warriors’ unwillingness to deal Thompson for Love into squeezing out every last possible asset from Cleveland in a Love-Wiggins trade. Wiggins plus salary filler to make the trade work under CBA rules is enough, but I don’t begrudge Saunders for trying to get more. He has Love, and therefore, he has some leverage.

But if he truly prefers Thompson to Wiggins, Saunders is more unqualified to run the Timberwolves than we ever imagined.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...in-love-trade/

vCash
    Wolves might be more foolish than I thought. I would not be surprised if they offered Rubio a max at this point. Wiggins ceiling=way higher than Thompson. I am really appalled by Wolves. Hope they make the right move.. Losing Love for Thompson must be a crime.

vCash
    What's the obsession with Thompson? He's a nice player, but he's no superstar. He's a borderline all-star at best. Wiggins has superstar potential. I would take Wiggins and wouldn't think twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    What's the obsession with Thompson? He's a nice player, but he's no superstar. He's a borderline all-star at best. Wiggins has superstar potential. I would take Wiggins and wouldn't think twice.
    Do you even need to think? This is a no brainer. The fact that they are even suggesting Thompson over countless other players is mindblowingly insane. Develop Bennet and see what you can get from him. Try to get at least 1 1st round pick protected 1-10 from Cleveland. They have 3 1st round picks if they do this. Even if all that fails, Wiggins has market value. You can always get a good value for him.

vCash
    Klay is a 20 point scorer primarily off screens and as a decoy. He's got great Size and defends. He's a shooter.

As the number 1 option, he'd be a 25, 5 5 TYPE of player. I don't think Wiggins ever puts that up. As he's years from being a scorer which the wolves would need trading 25 and 12

vCash
    Perhaps its the ability to take Thompson, Lee (an all-star) and fillers, while having Gstate take back Martin?
    Last edited by shep33; 07-19-2014 at 02:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Klay is a 20 point scorer primarily off screens and as a decoy. He's got great Size and defends. He's a shooter.

As the number 1 option, he'd be a 25, 5 5 TYPE of player. I don't think Wiggins ever puts that up. As he's years from being a scorer which the wolves would need trading 25 and 12
    As a first option, he gets shut down by the opposing team's wing defender...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Perhaps its the ability to take Thompson, Lee (an all-star) and fillers, while having Gstate take back Martin
    Why are they so desperate to have someone take Martin? They just signed him to that contract last year and he put up numbers on par with his career averages. Were they expecting him to magically become a superstar?

vCash
    I would rather get Wiggins, even if Thompson maybe nba ready. Wiggins has way more potential and even if Thompson is NBA ready he won't help them contend. Their better of developing Wiggins and build off the draft.

vCash
    hahaha what a joke!!!!

The Twolves are so full of it!!!!

They are just getting Cavs to include Wiggins + some

Why would they want Klay over Wiggins? hahahah

vCash
    well,there is a reason the wolves are in the position they are always in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGOFSPORTS View Post
    hahaha what a joke!!!!

The Twolves are so full of it!!!!

They are just getting Cavs to include Wiggins + some

Why would they want Klay over Wiggins? hahahah
    You're right they are probably bluffing, but Cavs are already offering Wiggins and more (have to anyway to match salaries), but how high can the Cavs go?

vCash
    Wolves are stupid if this is true. Why take on lee and Thompson? After this season they would cost 30+ million.

Wiggins you'll be guaranteed 7 years.

Take wiggins get another high pick. Don't match on a Rubio offer at the end of the season.

You can have a potential lineup in 2015 of

?
    Wiggins
    Batum
    Karl towns jr/cliff Alexander
    Dieng

You can then sign and trade pek for a Legit PG. Dragic comes to mind.

That would put the wolves in much better position to succeeding term.

You're going nowhere with Thompson and lee.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I think the Cavs should give Wiggins a shot to play with LeBron so he can get inflated stats THEN do a trade

Klay doesnt want to goto twolves and they wil get more desperate the closer it gets to Loves free agency

I cant believe the Cavs would consider giving up Wiggins for Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sens#11fan View Post
    I would rather get Wiggins, even if Thompson maybe nba ready. Wiggins has way more potential and even if Thompson is NBA ready he won't help them contend. Their better of developing Wiggins and build off the draft.

I notice your avatar is of a hockey player.....

That being said, Klay "maybe" NBA ready?

Wut?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast