Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Projected Depth Chart and Season Results

So, its close enough that we can start projecting what the depth chart will look like. What do you think? Here's my guess:

Opening night
    Victor Oladipo | Elfrid Payton | Luke Ridnour
    Ben Gordon | Evan Fournier | Devyn Marble
    Moe Harkless | Aaron Gordon | Tobias Harris
    Channing Frye | Tobias Harris | Andrew Nicholson
    Nikola Vucevic | Kyle O'Quinn | Anthony Randolph*

Hopefully, after the young guys develop around the All-Star break...
    Elfrid Payton | Ben Gordon | Luke Ridnour
    Victor Oladipo | Evan Fournier | Devyn Marble
    Aaron Gordon | Moe Harkless | Tobias Harris
    Channing Frye | Tobias Harris** | Andrew Nicholson
    Nikola Vucevic | Kyle O'Quinn | Anthony Randolph

*Unless gets waived as expected

**Harris playing BACKUP power forward is the worst possible scenario I can imagine. I really hate the idea of him playing PF next to Vuc, the rim protection would be terrible. I don't know where else to put him. It looks like Aaron Gordon is going to be a SF and I doubt the 4th overall pick will be sitting the bench by the end of the season.

Eastern Conference
    Chicago*
    Cleveland*
    Charlotte
    Indy
    Miami
    Toronto
    Washington
    Orlando

*This two will swap after the Kevin Love trade

Atlanta (who was under .500 last year) will take a step back. They got lucky in a weak conference and went up against The Player Formally Known As Roy Hibbert. Toronto was overrated in a weak conference and will also slide. Brooklyn is old. I think we will hit our stride the 2nd half of the season and finish at .500.
    Last edited by thaShady; 07-19-2014 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    Can't see us beating outMilwaukee New York Toronto Boston Atlanta nor Detroit
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Why is Atlanta gonna take a step back? They'll have Horford healthy, that's huge. Most feel Payne can contribute right away. I don't think they'll be much better, but they won't be worse. Toronto is a young team that should only improve, as well.

I don't know what I think the lineup will be. There are a lot of guys who need time. I'm sure Dipo, Frye and Vucevic will start. I'd imagine it's Moe at the 3 to start the season. Whoever starts at the other guard spot is the question. As the season goes on hopefully the lineups change as necessitated. That is, hopefully those that earn their time get it. Aside from Gordon, he needs minutes in some capacity regardless.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Randolph has already been waived I believe.

I'd like to see Payton start right off the bat along with VO, Harris, Frye, Vuc. Harkless probably get the box for starting over Harris because of defense.

vCash
    I don't think we're sniffing the playoffs tbh. I think Payton will start next to Oladipo, though I can see a scenario where Fournier starts, or even Gordon, though unlikely to me.

I like Harkless' defense and he, Dipo and Payton would be a defensive nightmare on the perimeter. Not sure where the shooting would come from though. I think Harris will come off the bemch but I prefer he start so we can have a little bit more scoring in the starting lineup.

Did anybody look at this depth chart and think, we're sort of deep? It's nothing to be overly excited about, but we kind of have a complete team. I like where we are going.

vCash
    Agreed rlundi, the pieces all fit together nicely and they're all so versatile you can slide a superstar in there, no problem.
    Hark shot the 3 well last year. He's working on his shot. Let's see what he can do this year. I expect oladipo to improve his shot a bit too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Are you serious? New York will be terrible, 82 games of Melo chucking. Boston has a great PG rotation but that's it. Atlanta was under .500 and would have been swept Round 1 if Hibbert didn't suck so bad. What does Milwaukee have? PArker and a few underachievers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    I don't think we're sniffing the playoffs tbh. I think Payton will start next to Oladipo, though I can see a scenario where Fournier starts, or even Gordon, though unlikely to me.

I like Harkless' defense and he, Dipo and Payton would be a defensive nightmare on the perimeter. Not sure where the shooting would come from though. I think Harris will come off the bemch but I prefer he start so we can have a little bit more scoring in the starting lineup.

Did anybody look at this depth chart and think, we're sort of deep? It's nothing to be overly excited about, but we kind of have a complete team. I like where we are going.

We are a complete team. We are a young, super athletic team of hungry defenders. We will give many teams fits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Why is Atlanta gonna take a step back? They'll have Horford healthy, that's huge. Most feel Payne can contribute right away. I don't think they'll be much better, but they won't be worse. Toronto is a young team that should only improve, as well.

I don't know what I think the lineup will be. There are a lot of guys who need time. I'm sure Dipo, Frye and Vucevic will start. I'd imagine it's Moe at the 3 to start the season. Whoever starts at the other guard spot is the question. As the season goes on hopefully the lineups change as necessitated. That is, hopefully those that earn their time get it. Aside from Gordon, he needs minutes in some capacity regardless.
    They were under .500. Come on. They only looked good because Jeff Teague was slashing all over a team that was imploding. George Hill is terrible and now so is Roy Hibbert. When has Atlanta ever done anything? Jeff Teague, Thabo, and Al Horford do not impress me at all. One hit wonder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Agreed rlundi, the pieces all fit together nicely and they're all so versatile you can slide a superstar in there, no problem.
    Hark shot the 3 well last year. He's working on his shot. Let's see what he can do this year. I expect oladipo to improve his shot a bit too.
    IMHO, everything rides on how far Oladipo and Harris progress. If these 2 improve like we all expect...Watch out.

vCash
    No one has anything to say about me putting Charlotte 3rd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    And I had Toronto ahead of us. They don't impress me either outside of Lowry.

vCash
    Detroit has Drummond and head cases in Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings. Underachiever in Caron Butler. A soft big man in Monroe who is probably leaving. Overpaid a non-special Jodie Meeks. You really think that team is better than ours?

vCash
    You are under rating those teams.
    Milwaukee will have sanders back, and they added parker, and Gianni will contribute more.
    Ny still have melo. They're than us better for sure.
    Atlanta is also better than us with horford and milsap.
    Detroit is only still growing, they added SVG, they're better for sure. Even if they dont keep Monroe they'll sign and trade for someone else who can contribute.
    Boston still has rondo and smart will contribute a bit. I guess I'm not sure about Boston.
    Brooklyn still have Lopez and dwill. Better for sure.

vCash
    I think aside from Boston, all these teams are better than us if healthy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast