Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly to Return

vCash

Kelly to Return

Busy day for the Lakers, who reached agreement with Ryan Kelly, Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson. Not many roster spots left.

Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) July 19, 2014
    Welcome back to the team new Vlad as our other 3 ala 08, and X is our backup PG IMO much like Shannon when he first came and won a title in 09.

Lin/Henry
    Kobe/Swaggy
    Wes/Kelly
    Boozer/Randle
    Hill/Davis

That to me is the team .. Nash and Sacre are 11 and 12 ... Clarkson goes to the Dfenders for a year of seasoning as Scott ain't playing a non lotto rookie hard

* Swaggy and Kobe will likely finish games together anyhow

vCash
    [QUOTE=kblo247;28814451]Welcome back to the team new Vlad as our other 3 ala 08, and X is our backup PG IMO much like Shannon when he first came and won a title in 09.

Lin/Henry
    Kobe/Swaggy
    Wes/Kelly
    Boozer/Randle
    Hill/Davis

That to me is the team .. Nash and Sacre are 11 and 12 ... Clarkson goes to the Dfenders for a year of seasoning as Scott ain't playing a non lotto rookie hard

* Swaggy and Kobe will likely finish games together anyhow[/QUOTE

Clarkson will see more minutes than people expect. He already performed better than Marshal would ever do and look how many minutes he already have played. He might not at first played much,but eventually he will. Henry is more to play behind Kobe and at times at the 3. Lakers will get another player who do you think will come?

vCash
    I do not like the Nick young signing. I think that they could find someone better, cheaper and maybe for a shorter term. I do jot like his game.

vCash
    **** yeah mother****ers!!! ****in ***** yeah!!!!

vCash
    Lin/Nash/Clarkson
    Kobe/Young
    Wesley/X
    Randle/Boozer/Kelly
    Hill/Davis/Sacre

Not bad.

vCash
    I can dig it, I like what the Fo did to fill out the rest of the roster.

vCash
    I just want to thank the OP and the other 5 posters (so far) for saying something / anything positive about my/our team. THANX.

I'm in a kind of shell-shock from reading seemingly endless negativity - me, a person who almost never, ever gets down - my head has been reeling!

So, forgive me for re-repeating myself; but
    THANX

Perhaps, by all the powers of the Thousand And One Gods In The Sky ..
    This one thread can stay POSITIVE !

vCash
    Why should there be positive thoughts?

Unless of course you are ok with mediocrity and the legend kobe bryant wasting his final 2 years ever clawing and scratching for an 8th seed(at best) and seemingly have a great core of Randle and Nick young to lure in KD in 2016. *sarcasm* Im sure we will get a coach soon like every other team in the nba though. That will be a positive. I do admit that.

vCash
    I know what henry and Wes brought to the table as they were fun to watch.

But i gotta be honest I haven't seen kelly play much..I know he was putting up some numbers towards the end of the season but under Dantoni it seemed scoring came easy...

What does kelly really bring to the table other than his 3pt shooting?

I know a lot of you guys are curious to see if we land turner or aminu but it seems like the FO usually will bring someone out of left field no one was expecting and no media rumors about.

I guess we will see...if another player is not brought in by the start of the season we may see Nash get traded by the deadline for another piece.
    Last edited by Swift Game; 07-19-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I know what henry and Wes brought to the table as they were dun to watch.

But i gotta be honest I haven't seen kelly play much..I know he was putting up some numbers towards the end of the season but under Dantoni it seemed scoring caneneasy...

What does kelly really bring to the table other than his 3pt shooting?

I know a lot of you guys are curious to see if we land turner or aminu but it seems like the FO usually will bring someone out of left field no one was expecting and no media rumors about.

I guess we will see...if another player is not brought in by the start of the season we may see Nash get traded by the deadline for another piece.

Kelly is nothing more than a stretch 4. The guy is slow, not athletic, can't rebound and is a bad post defender at the 4. Only reason he looked any good last year was because pringles and his system. He can shoot if open though, so that's a plus i suppose.

vCash
    Is there a salary cap on d league spending? Cause if theres not we should be loading up the defenders with whats essentially our reserve squad. The roster is good enough to be watchable so that pretty much guarantees more profit than last season, but theres an injury concern at every position.

Cause lets be real, nobody develops from scrub to stud in basketballs minors, its not like the mlb.

Call up delonte, metta, marshall, brooks, Shannon, brand, kmart, rjeff, **** bird, joel anthony, odom, bynum(with a strct no crack and bowling clause in thier contracts) glock, ebanks, cdr, sasha and morris (for naustalgia sake mostly) maybe even arenas, tmac, and AI and say "look, the defenders (wink) are gonna pay you more than what you can probably get in FA, this is our big league roster, here are our injury concerns, this is what happened last year, your guy goes down you get called up to the show on a series of 10 day contracts with a shot at earning a permanent spot (unless youd rather collect bigger checks in the minors of course). When you're not on our roster you're staying in shape by dominating players you're far superior to and doing everything possible to avoid injury, if something minor is bothering you sit out, nobody gives a **** about the d league standings. Work on your strengths, replacements will be chosen based on d league performance and skill set neeeed. Worst case scenario you make more than you would otherwise, best case you get enough time in the spotlight to land a decent nba payday next summer. You guys in?"

I'm guessing this has been addressed by the cba, but a way around it would be rewarding them all with personal physical therapists of thier choosing as a token of appreciation for elevating the level of play in the d-league and strongly recommend that they hire their wives who will be paid the difference between 1.25% of thier FA market value and the d league contracts theu can be signed to per the cba.

And really why isn't the d league used like that already(minus the shady financial gymnastics)? There's probably a **** ton of players world wide that dteam of playing in the nba that could wipe the flor with the draft busts, udfas, and vets hanging on for dear life. **** making foriegn players gp through the draft to be stashed away for half thier prime. Make it so anyone 19+ and with two years pro ball under thier belt or 21+ w no pro ball is a free agent in the d league. That allows for expansion of the league to give every team a farm team of its own, makes the d league interesting, watchable, and dare I say profitable, it also introduces prospects as trade assets and gives teams another way to build and maintain a competitive squad.

Only thing theyd need to work out is how to handle moves up to the bigs effects the salary cap, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Good for league parity, expansion of the sport world wide, and gives the shabazz napier's of the world a way to make a team without skipping meals (and classes), it also means that players filling in for an injury have been conditioned against much better competition than draft busts, fading stars, and cap casualties.
    Last edited by Trueblue2; 07-19-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablonovi View Post
    I just want to thank the OP and the other 5 posters (so far) for saying something / anything positive about my/our team. THANX.

I'm in a kind of shell-shock from reading seemingly endless negativity - me, a person who almost never, ever gets down - my head has been reeling!

So, forgive me for re-repeating myself; but
    THANX

Perhaps, by all the powers of the Thousand And One Gods In The Sky ..
    This one thread can stay POSITIVE !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    Is there a salary cap on d league spending? Cause if theres not we should be loading up the defenders with whats essentially our reserve squad. The roster is good enough to be watchable so that pretty much guarantees more profit than last season, but theres an injury concern at every position.

Cause lets be real, nobody develops from scrub to stud in basketballs minors, its not like the mlb.

Call up delonte, metta, marshall, brooks, Shannon, brand, kmart, rjeff, **** bird, joel anthony, odom, bynum(with a strct no crack and bowling clause in thier contracts) glock, ebanks, cdr, sasha and morris (for naustalgia sake mostly) maybe even arenas, tmac, and AI and say "look, the defenders (wink) are gonna pay you more than what you can probably get in FA, this is our big league roster, here are our injury concerns, this is what happened last year, your guy goes down you get called up to the show on a series of 10 day contracts with a shot at earning a permanent spot (unless youd rather collect bigger checks in the minors of course). When you're not on our roster you're staying in shape by dominating players you're far superior to and doing everything possible to avoid injury, if something minor is bothering you sit out, nobody gives a **** about the d league standings. Work on your strengths, replacements will be chosen based on d league performance and skill set neeeed. Worst case scenario you make more than you would otherwise, best case you get enough time in the spotlight to land a decent nba payday next summer. You guys in?"

I'm guessing this has been addressed by the cba, but a way around it would be rewarding them all with personal physical therapists of thier choosing as a token of appreciation for elevating the level of play in the d-league and strongly recommend that they hire their wives who will be paid the difference between 1.25% of thier FA market value and the d league contracts theu can be signed to per the cba.

And really why isn't the d league used like that already(minus the shady financial gymnastics)? There's probably a **** ton of players world wide that dteam of playing in the nba that could wipe the flor with the draft busts, udfas, and vets hanging on for dear life. **** making foriegn players gp through the draft to be stashed away for half thier prime. Make it so anyone 19+ and with two years pro ball under thier belt or 21+ w no pro ball is a free agent in the d league. That allows for expansion of the league to give every team a farm team of its own, makes the d league interesting, watchable, and dare I say profitable, it also introduces prospects as trade assets and gives teams another way to build and maintain a competitive squad.

Only thing theyd need to work out is how to handle moves up to the bigs effects the salary cap, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Good for league parity, expansion of the sport world wide, and gives the shabazz napier's of the world a way to make a team without skipping meals (and classes), it also means that players filling in for an injury have been conditioned against much better competition than draft busts, fading stars, and cap casualties.
    Man I kept trying to read your post but it was all over the place....

Is there a way I can send you a pack of 24 double rolled three ply toilet paper for all the sheet you just posted? It's going to take at least that. Wow.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post

Man I kept trying to read your post but it was all over the place....

Is there a way I can send you a pack of 24 double rolled three ply toilet paper for all the sheet you just posted? It's going to take at least that. Wow.

He just took 10 bong rips man. He'll wake up tomorrow morning and sort all of it out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Clarkson goes to the Dfenders for a year of seasoning as Scott ain't playing a non lotto rookie hard
    After having watched Clarkson in the Summer leagues he to me represents quickness, hunger, and fierce competitiveness and that's more than I can say for Sacre and Nash who I could care less if I never see them again. Look if we aren't winning anything this year than why go through another year of seeing a bunch of has beens and misfits stink up the joint? Why not give Randle and Clarkson significant minutes and see what they can develop into? That to me would be far more entertaining than seeing a keystone cops looking team full of 1 year rental players that were Frankensteined together by creepy Mitch and Jimmy Boy. Plus let's face it B-Scott is a second tier coach and so there's no anticipation of any improvement in X's and O's. LET THE ROOKIES play and blossom in front of our eyes damnit!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 07-19-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast