Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Linsanity

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500

    Linsanity

    There is a documentary (now available for streaming on Netflix) on Jeremy Lin and his story. I never really knew much about him before this, but after watching I was HIGHLY impressed. This is not the average story, and definitely not the average guy nor character. This guy is a very smart, honest, hard-working kid with a ton of heart. He has continually been under-estimated, and has continually exceeded those estimations. I highly encourage you guys (and gals) to check this out.

    I came away being a BIG Jeremy Lin fan, and a reason to watch/follow the team this year. I love guys with heart, and who have a purpose beyond getting paid.

    On a side note, I think this is the perfect guy to play with Kobe. I don't want to be dramatic, but this might turn into something, the two of them working together. I really think this could be one very gifted, smart, hard-working backcourt (depending of course, how much left Kobe has in his tank).
    While everyone drools over Lebron, and ponders about who is the greatest ever, how about you come with a performance like this, when playing out of position (substituting for Kareem at center), game 6 in the finals, to win the championship, during your ROOKIE season. When you do that, come talk to me.

    Magic, the greatest of all time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22,383
    vCash
    1500

    Linsanity

    cool

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Loano,Italy.
    Posts
    2,089
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Maaaaaagic View Post
    There is a documentary (now available for streaming on Netflix) on Jeremy Lin and his story. I never really knew much about him before this, but after watching I was HIGHLY impressed. This is not the average story, and definitely not the average guy nor character. This guy is a very smart, honest, hard-working kid with a ton of heart. He has continually been under-estimated, and has continually exceeded those estimations. I highly encourage you guys (and gals) to check this out.

    I came away being a BIG Jeremy Lin fan, and a reason to watch/follow the team this year. I love guys with heart, and who have a purpose beyond getting paid.

    On a side note, I think this is the perfect guy to play with Kobe. I don't want to be dramatic, but this might turn into something, the two of them working together. I really think this could be one very gifted, smart, hard-working backcourt (depending of course, how much left Kobe has in his tank).
    I've never questioned his hard working mentality and character. And I hope he''ll play his best basketball with us,but let's be real:he isn't a star(and is unlikely that he will be one). But he could be a nice role player I think,so I'm eager to see him play and give it all for this team.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    4,140
    vCash
    1500
    Watch it free here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5SqN3mBsqI

    I watched it the other night. Being asian-american myself, I recall getting goosebumps watching him kill the Lakers at MSG a couple years ago when he scored 38.

    I really hope Lin does well. Kobe will work well with him for a few reasons.

    1. China is the biggest market for Kobe. Kobe's brand can take a hit if he has an issue with their national star.

    2. Lin is smart. Take the asian stereotype away, the dude went to Harvard for 4 years. Kobe respects smart people...not dwight cowards.

    3. He's the consummate underdog. This entire season is based on being counted out...the same thing he's faced his entire career. It's only going to fuel his play just as Kobe does.

    4. He understands the Laker legacy. In the film, it talks about how his father became a fan of basketball and taught himself how to play, emulating KAJ's hook shot etc. Just having the respect for the Laker organization at the level makes a huge difference in one's focus. We've seen it work for so many guys come through LA...of course the shine hasn't been there for a few seasons, but nevertheless, you gotta get guys who respect the history.

    F the whole Loozer crap. Time to send some positive vibes. Don't get your hopes up, but at least root for your team.
    LINSANITY

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
    Posts
    624
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    but at least root for your team.
    You can be sure I will, and I'll root for Lin too of course.

    inspiring post, thank you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    leave that "linsanity" bs in houston

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Watch it free here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5SqN3mBsqI

    I watched it the other night. Being asian-american myself, I recall getting goosebumps watching him kill the Lakers at MSG a couple years ago when he scored 38.

    I really hope Lin does well. Kobe will work well with him for a few reasons.

    1. China is the biggest market for Kobe. Kobe's brand can take a hit if he has an issue with their national star.

    2. Lin is smart. Take the asian stereotype away, the dude went to Harvard for 4 years. Kobe respects smart people...not dwight cowards.

    3. He's the consummate underdog. This entire season is based on being counted out...the same thing he's faced his entire career. It's only going to fuel his play just as Kobe does.

    4. He understands the Laker legacy. In the film, it talks about how his father became a fan of basketball and taught himself how to play, emulating KAJ's hook shot etc. Just having the respect for the Laker organization at the level makes a huge difference in one's focus. We've seen it work for so many guys come through LA...of course the shine hasn't been there for a few seasons, but nevertheless, you gotta get guys who respect the history.

    F the whole Loozer crap. Time to send some positive vibes. Don't get your hopes up, but at least root for your team.
    Well said. Thank you!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    City of Light
    Posts
    2,146
    vCash
    1500
    It's great to see him become a laker!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    189
    vCash
    1500
    It's super easy to forget that these players that we call worthless, garbage, overrated and much worse are just people at the end of the day.

    There is a disconnect that easily happens.

    We are all guilty of it, myself included.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    4,140
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyy08 View Post
    It's super easy to forget that these players that we call worthless, garbage, overrated and much worse are just people at the end of the day.

    There is a disconnect that easily happens.

    We are all guilty of it, myself included.
    Sure. Because we see them as "assets"

    In reality it's more complex and real life factors influence a situation.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    705
    vCash
    1500
    With the crowd that will be showing up to watch him driving and parking around staples will be linsanity. Gonna be a nightmare
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    City of Light
    Posts
    2,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    With the crowd that will be showing up to watch him driving and parking around staples will be linsanity. Gonna be a nightmare
    This is what the brass want to see. If we can not win a championship banner, at least try to keep earning money. Both Kobe and Lin are cash cows

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,430
    vCash
    1500

    Linsanity

    I hope he brings his NY linsanity mode to LA...

    "Killer Instinct"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,765
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by verceroth View Post
    leave that "linsanity" bs in houston
    I'm pretty sure it never left New York.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,765
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    I hope he brings his NY linsanity mode to LA...
    They got rid of Pringles one year too soon. Pringles + Lin = basketball love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •