Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Training Camp-And the home of the Jets...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 14m
    Rex Ryan on 2014 Jets: "8-8 would be a would be a hell of a disappointment for us.... We will be a playoff team"

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    AWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT Here we go!

He's Back!!

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    He's right. It would be. I'm hoping for 11-5. Nothing less than 10-6 and playoffs. 12-4 would be the picture perfect season.

Everything rides on Geno. If Geno can put up a 4,000 yard, 25 TD and 12 INT season, 11 or 12 wins is easily reachable. And those stats aren't outrageous by QB standards these days. Those numbers means that Decker would have thrived, some of our other targets as well. It would mean our running game (which has historically done well) would be opened up significantly.

And then the defense will be the defense. I'm really hoping Geno can be everything we need him to be.

vCash
    I see alot of analysts and and fans of other teams I know acting like we are a 4 win team time to prove the haters wrong go jets

vCash
    ^^^

This is a season in which, aside from injuries, the brunt of this teams success is in the hands of the QB. If Geno takes a step forward, we will be that 10-6 team. If he doesn't, we will be the 8-8 team with Vick as the QB in the last few games.

I hope Geno pulls it together.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    I just dont know what to make of this team. I know we over achieved pretty significantly last year which means we either level off to the mean but still be a better team or we take everyone by surprise again and make playoffs.

Here is my thinking:

We will be a playoff team this year. I think there are 3 main reasons why. First is the significant upgrade to offensive talent and playmakers. Second is the defense will always find a way with Rex at the helm. And 3rd is that we finally have a guy we can go to at qb shoud Geno falter that could win us games and may be better right now if not for our investment in Geno. Both now know MM system and should have no excuses.

Here is hoping we avoid the training camp injury bug!!

vCash
    I think my biggest concern is the CBs, I feel confident Geno will have a much improved season with the addition of Chris Johnson catching balls out of the backfield. I think CJ will be Sanchez's LT and save a lot of forced disaster plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M:28818610
    I think my biggest concern is the CBs, I feel confident Geno will have a much improved season with the addition of Chris Johnson catching balls out of the backfield. I think CJ will be Sanchez's LT and save a lot of forced disaster plays
    I honestly have calmed greatly on our CB situation. When I look at what we had last year at CB and think we still had a top 10 D with our offense rarely giving them a breather. I think he have a much better unit with the growth of dee and if healthy patterson is at worst equal to cro. Now add a stud safety and we are bettee imo.

Put it this way no matter who we have on D (literally) they will be top 10 in the nfl with Rex running the show. He is that good. The D can frustrate me at times and has bad games a few times a year but they will never be our biggest problem or a reason we are a bad team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    He's right. It would be. I'm hoping for 11-5. Nothing less than 10-6 and playoffs. 12-4 would be the picture perfect season.

Everything rides on Geno. If Geno can put up a 4,000 yard, 25 TD and 12 INT season, 11 or 12 wins is easily reachable. And those stats aren't outrageous by QB standards these days. Those numbers means that Decker would have thrived, some of our other targets as well. It would mean our running game (which has historically done well) would be opened up significantly.

And then the defense will be the defense. I'm really hoping Geno can be everything we need him to be.
    I agree with everything you've said here, while I would love to see these numbers out of Geno I think more realistic numbers would be 20tds to 15 ints 3800-4000 yards. However he went 12tds to 21ints and 3046 yards with an 8-8 record. Now with a swing like that out of Geno and what I think will be a more productive year all around from this team anything less then a 10-6 season with a wild card birth would be a disappointment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I agree with everything you've said here, while I would love to see these numbers out of Geno I think more realistic numbers would be 20tds to 15 ints 3800-4000 yards. However he went 12tds to 21ints and 3046 yards with an 8-8 record. Now with a swing like that out of Geno and what I think will be a more productive year all around from this team anything less then a 10-6 season with a wild card birth would be a disappointment.
    Excellent point about his numbers. If Geno throws 20 tds and only 15 int, that will most likely translate to at least one more win, probably 2. That makes us 9-7 or 10-6

vCash
    McDougle seems to be turning heads....a Rex pick that we should never doubt IMO. Let's see what Geno can do with some semblance of an offense. The area of the team I'm most concerned with is OL. They're not getting any younger and we need to keep Geno with a clean pocket or else his confidence will go down the drain. Rex is good enough with this D. Let's hope we can become a balanced team and sneak into the playoffs.

vCash
    One thing I think you guys are over looking is that we can have a very good year and still go 10-6. Our schedule is a killer.

Obviously I want better but we can't just judge on record alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    One thing I think you guys are over looking is that we can have a very good year and still go 10-6. Our schedule is a killer.

I agree with you it looks very tough, but just like every other season you can never predict Ws and Ls now. Some teams flop and some teams come outta nowhere, so it's tough to say how tough the schedule will actually be until the season is under way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    I agree with you it looks very tough, but just like every other season you can never predict Ws and Ls now. Some teams flop and some teams come outta nowhere, so it's tough to say how tough the schedule will actually be until the season is under way.
    Good point. Nothing left to do but put one green on pop some corns and cheer on the Jets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post

I was thinking the same thing, but we've got a lot of teams on the schedule with new coaching staffs, and a lot of teams that are getting older, while we're getting younger. Love that the big dog is starting to bark again, it means he thinks he sees something special in these guys, the bravado is coming back baby!

Looking forward to all the preseason position battles. Idzik has claimed from day one that competition is good for an NFL team, and now we get to see that in action. There's something to be said for having to win a job and earn a spot and the tenacity the brings with it...

Party On Jets Nation! Football is BACK!

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast