Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwyane Wade Still An NBA Star?

Ooohh the disrespect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysq8IghfVqY

Let's hope Wade is somewhere out there eating, breathing, sleeping basketball.

I've been watching alot of Karate Kid w/ my young son lately. I introduced him to one of my favorite underdog movies of all time, on it's 30th anniversary. Wade being a true underdog is again the dog come this nxt season.......so I'll end w/ a fitting quote:

"you best basketball still inside you. Now time let out!"

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Dwyane Wade 13/14 Highlights:

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Here's a classic match up we'll all be anticipating this season. Have a look @ a young & hungry Wade.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    my belief is stronger than your doubt

-dwyane wade

vCash
    This guy is a fool! From superstar... down past allstar, past star, down to what? Role player? Wade is gonna show these doubters that he is still a force to recon with... even of not that superstar.

Miami Heat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiLoyal926 View Post
    This guy is a fool! From superstar... down past allstar, past star, down to what? Role player? Wade is gonna show these doubters that he is still a force to recon with... even of not that superstar.
    At 32 he can still be a top 3/4 player in theory. But I highly highly doubt Wade has that hunger and drive anymore. He lost it after 2011 finals. I never saw that Wade that I fell in love with again on the court. He's dead. Never expected such a quick downfall from grace. Tim Grover is the machine that can oil Wade and make him a flash again. But Wade is too busy with G Union to think about basketball like he once used to.

vCash
    I ALWAYS root for All-Time Greats to stay at or return to high levels.
    However, based on this past season, where he took so many games off; and still seemed to fade series by series in the Play-Offs; I doubt he can get back to All-Star levels. I think, more likely, when he plays he'll be a bit better than the average SG; but will still have to play reduced minutes and games; so, overall - an average SG this year.

vCash
    Thanx for the linked videos: they sure do increase the hope he'll exceed (my) expectations.

Gonna be awesome to see DWade and LeBron do battle.

vCash
    He has grown into an incredibly efficient player over the last couple years. This year he will get back more touches and ball handling duties and the numbers will bounce back. I firmly believe he will be back in the 24/5/5 range this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    He has grown into an incredibly efficient player over the last couple years. This year he will get back more touches and ball handling duties and the numbers will bounce back. I firmly believe he will be back in the 24/5/5 range this season.
    I agree with this but I do think his assist average will be like 7 a game.

vCash
    Is Ballhandling the first one to go? One thing I notice in the games is the way he seems to slip and lose the ball. Hope those TOs come to a minimum...
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

vCash
    For starters, it's laughable that anyone claiming to know the game of basketball would imply Wade were deserving of a "sixth man" role at best. Wade played the lowest minutes per game of his career, while missing 28 games, and still averaged 19/5/4 playing behind the ball dominant Lebron James.

Dwyane Wade managed to put together 30 games with 5+ rebounds, 34 games of 5+ assists and 30 games of 2+ steals. Clearly Wade has lost a step or two but as evident by the stats provided, he's picking up slack in other areas of the game. Dwyane is now at a point in his career where we shouldn't be surprised to see 16 point/8 rebounds games or 21 points/12 assists game over 40+ point games.

Dwyane Wade entered the league as a playmaker and he remains just that.. The difference is he has evolved and realized his decline and adjusted accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfDaNorth View Post
    For starters, it's laughable that anyone claiming to know the game of basketball would imply Wade were deserving of a "sixth man" role at best. Wade played the lowest minutes per game of his career, while missing 28 games, and still averaged 19/5/4 playing behind the ball dominant Lebron James.

Dwyane Wade managed to put together 30 games with 5+ rebounds, 34 games of 5+ assists and 30 games of 2+ steals. Clearly Wade has lost a step or two but as evident by the stats provided, he's picking up slack in other areas of the game. Dwyane is now at a point in his career where we shouldn't be surprised to see 16 point/8 rebounds games or 21 points/12 assists game over 40+ point games.

Dwyane Wade entered the league as a playmaker and he remains just that.. The difference is he has evolved and realized his decline and adjusted accordingly.
    Hey KODN,
    I root for DWade but I don't think you've made a very good case here.
    There aren't many players at all who put up 16 point / 8 rebound games; much less
    21 points / 12 assists games. (12 assists? There's only like two players that can do that: CP3 and Rajon Rondo).

That seems too unrealistic to me - and DWade would almost be bound to disappoint if he were to measured by those, imo, too-high measuring sticks.

The other thing: Critics of his game consistently say that he relied too heavily on his athleticism and, especially now that that great athleticism is no longer there, not enough on developing a reliable outside J. I have NOT watched him closely enough to have an opinion on this; but, if we accept that it is at least partially true (otherwise so many so-called experts would not be this far off) ..

wouldn't a great way to prove that he has "realized his decline and adjusted accordingly" be for him to have "perfected" that outside J?

Just asking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablonovi View Post
    Hey KODN,
    I root for DWade but I don't think you've made a very good case here.
    There aren't many players at all who put up 16 point / 8 rebound games; much less
    21 points / 12 assists games. (12 assists? There's only like two players that can do that: CP3 and Rajon Rondo).

That seems too unrealistic to me - and DWade would almost be bound to disappoint if he were to measured by those, imo, too-high measuring sticks.

The other thing: Critics of his game consistently say that he relied too heavily on his athleticism and, especially now that that great athleticism is no longer there, not enough on developing a reliable outside J. I have NOT watched him closely enough to have an opinion on this; but, if we accept that it is at least partially true (otherwise so many so-called experts would not be this far off) ..

wouldn't a great way to prove that he has "realized his decline and adjusted accordingly" be for him to have "perfected" that outside J?

Just asking.
    I think I've made a damn good case for him.. I challenge anyone to list any players last year who had as many games of 5+ rebounds, 5+ assists or 2+ steals.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast