Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Phil: Kobe the ultimate reason Dwight opted for Houston

Don't slain me for this or grill me for it's irrelevance but this could for some offer hope in our future for others just repeat the obvious. This may not be a huge shocker or breaking news but it's an insight as to how the whole Dwight situation panned out. Maybe this is the reason why our team is in such turmoil and offer hope for when Kobe leaves. I'm a Kobe fan but a lakers fan first.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

Basically when Kobe told Dwight he was staying longer than his original plan and Dwight knew he wasn't going to be the pure face of the franchise he opted to leave. I don't miss Dwight, I really don't but the relevance with this article is the fact that this may be the reason why we have been striking out so much.

I'm glad I'm seeing these short term contracts that expire alongside Kobe's, it generates optimism for what of recent has been a front office impotence. I have hope, and hopefully you all will eventually have hope too.

vCash
    No, Really?

Enter the kobe Monks with a thousand excuses for him.
    In the end he will probably left because of Pau in their opinión.

vCash

Phil: Kobe the ultimate reason Dwight opted for Houston

Phil is writing ANOTHER book haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Phil is writing ANOTHER book haha
    Want to see what he has to tell bout 2011.

At least i expect these two headlines.

- I wanted Melo but jimbo had a hard on on his pet.
    - Jimbo forcing his Pet being the second option ruined the chemistry and lamars and paus mind

vCash
    I'm sick and tired of people ****ing speaking the obvious just to stay relevant. GO AWAY

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Yeah, Phil was there, in the front office, in the exit inteviews with Dwight and in Dwights brain huh.

then again, i think a lot of us knew that and personally, i think it was hella selfish of dwight to want to be the face of the franchise and kick kobe out of there.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Haha I love Phil, but he talks a lot of **** behind peoples backs

He's like Smokey talking behind Debo's back

vCash
    Way to man up Dwight Howard. If I were a 7' basketball god I would join the Laker's and shove the ball through the hoop and anything else near me (jeanie) with such enthusiasm that the Laker's would be shoving Kobe out the door and be begging me to bring in my guys, my coaches, my cheerleaders and even my family and friends to work the concession stands.

vCash
    The world is so full of wussies. Dwight will not win in Houston so good riddance.

Yes we will suck longer without him, but we will still win again before he ever does.

We as fans can hate all we want to but the reality is this is not a video game. I have been watching this team since the mid 70's and we have struck out a lot. But we always swing for the fences and when the ownership hits solid it is usually a home run. I am good to wait for the next series of hits for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Yeah, Phil was there, in the front office, in the exit inteviews with Dwight and in Dwights brain huh.

then again, i think a lot of us knew that and personally, i think it was hella selfish of dwight to want to be the face of the franchise and kick kobe out of there.
    lol! he's not even the face of houston's franchise and will never be.

If it has been a guy like durant, I would have been pissed at kobe, but he gave us a favor by helping us getting rid of dwight, we would have been stuck 5 years max contract with a damaged robotic C who's fragile mentally

NO THANKS

vCash
    And not to lecture the fan base at PSD too much but I do read here 2-3 times a day and the posts are very funny.

"Sign Mello"
    "Dont sign Mello"

"Sign Lebron"
    "F Lebron"

"Sign Monroe"
    "crap, we did not sign Monroe"

"Crap we did not sign Lance Stephenson"

"Crap, we did not sign Dirk"

"Crap, we will suck forever because we signed Boozer"

"What are we thinking, we have 4 forwards"

"Who will play the 3"

"Stupid nash, why won't he just retire and give up his millions in salary to go home"

And a million other wonderful statements about the Laker's the the stupid FO and the way they are bungling it all up and only if we were in charge we would do this and that.

The way I see it at this time, and I am really anxious for us to win another title (not make the playoffs) there are really only a few options moving forward.

1. Get Lebron
    2. Get Kevin Durant

3. Whatever BS would add up to overcome the above formula (think spurs).

4. Wait a little and see what falls out of the fold that is obtainable.

Last place sucks,

Second to last place sucks,

Third to last place sucks,

Making the playoffs sucks,

Making the second round of the playoff sucks,

Making the finals sucks,

Winning the trophy and rubbing that ship in the eyes of the hater's is what being a Laker fan is about.

Ive seen this 10 times and it makes the other effed up years totally worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertlakeshow View Post
    And not to lecture the fan base at PSD too much but I do read here 2-3 times a day and the posts are very funny.

"Sign Mello"
    "Dont sign Mello"

"Sign Lebron"
    "F Lebron"

"Sign Monroe"

"Who will play the 3"

"Stupid nash, why won't he just retire and give up his millions in salary to go home"

And a million other wonderful statements about the Laker's the the stupid FO and the way they are bungling it all up and only if we were in charge we would do this and that.

The way I see it at this time, and I am really anxious for us to win another title (not make the playoffs) there are really only a few options moving forward.

1. Get Lebron
    2. Get Kevin Durant

Last place sucks,

Making the finals sucks,

Winning the trophy and rubbing that ship in the eyes of the hater's is what being a Laker fan is about.

lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertlakeshow View Post

"Sign Mello"
    "Dont sign Mello"

"Sign Lebron"
    "F Lebron"

"Sign Monroe"

"Who will play the 3"

1. Get Lebron
    2. Get Kevin Durant

Last place sucks,

Making the finals sucks,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Want to see what he has to tell bout 2011.

At least i expect these two headlines.

- I wanted Melo but jimbo had a hard on on his pet.
    - Jimbo forcing his Pet being the second option ruined the chemistry and lamars and paus mind
    Well now I was glad that we sold high on Odom, but it turned into the cropse of Steve Nash with Odom's trade expection, and we sold high on Bynum after his career year for Howard, but Howard left for Houston a year later, but the biggest mistake was that we didn't sell high on Pau when we had the chance, and we should had taken Houston's package for him hell we should had just taken Cleveland's package so we can just waive Bynum and save on the luxury tax last year and get a draft pick or Phoenix's package at the deadline last year just to get a draft pick out of them. In fact we could had done a sign and trade for Pau and get a draft pick out of this, but no we got nothing. So in the end we got nothing for Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.
    Last edited by deadman8586; 07-18-2014 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bberryfresh2010 View Post
    Don't slain me for this or grill me for it's irrelevance but this could for some offer hope in our future for others just repeat the obvious. This may not be a huge shocker or breaking news but it's an insight as to how the whole Dwight situation panned out. Maybe this is the reason why our team is in such turmoil and offer hope for when Kobe leaves. I'm a Kobe fan but a lakers fan first.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

Basically when Kobe told Dwight he was staying longer than his original plan and Dwight knew he wasn't going to be the pure face of the franchise he opted to leave. I don't miss Dwight, I really don't but the relevance with this article is the fact that this may be the reason why we have been striking out so much.

I'm glad I'm seeing these short term contracts that expire alongside Kobe's, it generates optimism for what of recent has been a front office impotence. I have hope, and hopefully you all will eventually have hope too.
    Thanks Kobe! Doesn't look like anyone wanted to play with Dwight either!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast