Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pre-Camp Final 53 Predictions

Go for it

QB (2): Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
    HB (4): Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis
    FB (1): Jon Connor
    WR (5): Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr, Rueben Randle, Mario Manningham, Jerrel Jernigan
    TE (4): Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell, Xavier Grimble, Kellen Davis
    OL (9): Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, Charles Brown, Chris Snee, Geoff Schwartz, Brandon Mosley, John Jerry, Weston Richburg, JD Walton

DE (5): Jason Pierre Paul, Robert Ayers, Damontre Moore, Mathias Kiwanuka, Emmanuel Dieke
    DT (5): Jonathan Hankins, Cullen Jenkins, Mike Patterson, Jay Bromley, Markus Kuhn
    LB (5): Jon Beason, Jacquian Williams, Jameel McClain, Spencer Paysinger, Devon Kennard
    CB (5): Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond, Trumaine McBride, Zack Bowman
    S (5): Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Quentin Demps, Cooper Taylor, Nat Berhe

K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zak DeOssie
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I'll dig into it now. I think you're nuts for not keeping Holliday on the roster, but we'll see...

vCash
    Hynoski will be on the team. One too many oline and one too many DT's I believe. Or Jenkins can slide in at DE if needed. 9 total DT/DE's.

That being said not sure who you drop from the oline. I can see Nat Berhe being a PS guy unless he really shines at camp. Didn't understand the pick.

vCash
    Not Far off....my differences in red:

QB (2): Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
    HB (4): Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis
    FB (1): Henry Hynoski
    WR (6): Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr, Rueben Randle, Mario Manningham (Actually I think Manningham will be PUP or cut with a slow recovery and Talley or Preston Parker makes it), Jerrel Jernigan, Trindon Holliday
    TE (3): Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell, Kellen Davis
    OL (9): Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, Charles Brown, Chris Snee, Geoff Schwartz, Brandon Mosley, John Jerry, Weston Richburg, JD Walton

DE (4): Jason Pierre Paul, Robert Ayers, Damontre Moore, Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT (5): Jonathan Hankins, Cullen Jenkins, Mike Patterson, Jay Bromley, Kelcy Quarles (I still kinda like Kuhn, but think he's done with all the injuries)
    LB (6): Jon Beason, Jacquian Williams, Jameel McClain, Spencer Paysinger, Devon Kennard, Mark Herzlich (deal with it)
    CB (6): Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond, Trumaine McBride, Zack Bowman, Charles James
    S (4): Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Quentin Demps, Nat Berhe

K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zak DeOssie

Really can't imagine them only holding 4 DEs but for the first time in a while I'm not sure they have that 5th rotational guy worth holding on to.

I think WR and DB depth will be the theme.

None of this matters though because we'll have 2 guys injured in camp and 2 more in preseason games and all this will shuffle....

Realistically, one RB will go down, probably Wilson or likely Hillis. Then Cox stays. I really don't think Manningham will be ready or at 100%. He himself said it a few weeks back, so I can see him starting on PUP or getting cut. We're always good for a WR injury and that opens the door for Talley and Preston Parker unless an UD rookie steps up.

You KNOW we'll lose an olineman in preseason or Brown will struggle and get cut or Snee will overdo it and then Brewer stays.

And we'll have our annual CB injury and I just have to sit here and pray its not a top 3 guy (Prince, DRC and Thurmond). Then Aaron Ross or T2 will be signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Hynoski will be on the team. One too many oline and one too many DT's I believe. Or Jenkins can slide in at DE if needed. 9 total DT/DE's.

That being said not sure who you drop from the oline. I can see Nat Berhe being a PS guy unless he really shines at camp. Didn't understand the pick.
    Agreed on Hynoski. So long as he's at 100%. Conner is the better run blocker, but I think Hyno fits a west coast plan a little better. He looked a little better catching and running....although Conner is prob a bit quicker, so we'll see.

I can't imagine them keeping both Berhe and Taylor unless theres an injury at S. It'll be whoever has a better preseason on special teams, so we'll see. Taylor was solid on STs, but I can't see them cutting a 5th rounder from this years draft before he sees the reg season.

vCash
    Health will definitely largely impact what this ultimately looks like, and I slightly considered it, but I couldn't really predict injuries so I went at things as is.

I kept Holliday off for a number of reasons. First, ball security - good luck making a Coughlin team with serious fumbling issues. Second, offensive contribution - wont make the team without it and he's not going to contribute as a WR - so he better pray McAdoo has studied guys like McCluster and thinks he can use Holliday that way. Lastly, depth. KR: David Wilson/Quentin Demps/Odell Beckham Jr | PR: Rueben Randell/Odell Beckham Jr/Jerrel Jernigan. These are guys that are going to make the team - and can return well. If he makes this team it will be because he's shown he can hold onto the ball, return punts, and contribute on offense. A lot to ask, I don't see it happening. If Manningham is not ready to go, then I think he'll make it.

I debated between Hynoski and Connor, but I ultimately went with Connor because he provides more on ST's and is a better run blocker. If they're after versatility out of the backfield I think it will be a TE. I wouldn't be surprised at Hynoski though, but that was my logic.

I think 9 DL is the number we'll see if no one surprises in camp. But if theres a guy that can contribute and develop as the 10th guy, he can make a roster. Gotta go 5 at DT no matter what, 4 is not enough. Maybe get a 5th DE or hybrid DE/DT type guy - or no one at all.

As for that 5th DT spot - I had Quarles on there, but quite frankly I just don't think he's that good. I know everyone likes him, and we got a 3rd round pick as a UDFA, and yadayadayada but my gut instinct after watching his tape way back when was not too high on him. I never really liked Kuhn either, but apparently he's had one of the best offseasons in the program and has continuity and development time in this defense, so I went with him

I tried to sneak Charles James on the roster too, and I do think its more likely to see 6 corners and 4 safeties than 5 and 5, but I think they'll probably be able to get him back on the practice squad and I'm not sure Berhe or Taylor would make it. For me it was more of a long term view and an unwillingness to lose Cooper Taylor or Nat Berhe if they didn't make it to the PS and got claimed. I think they can both be special teams aces for us this year and long term contributors at safety. I think all of the top 3 safeties are on one year deals or last year of their deal this year, so those guys could be the future of the position.

Herzlich shouldn't make this team with no value anywhere except special teams now that we have Kennard. He got his chances. We all like the guy, but this is about improving the team. You don't need 6 LBs in a 4-3 defense and a nickel driven league. No way should Herzlich make the team over Cooper Taylor. Perosnally, if we kept 6 LBs, I think Dan Fox would make it over Herzlich. But then again - we're talking about Coughlin.

At TE I think Robinson and Donnell are locks. I think the other 3 are fighting for 2 spots.

Man I'm too excited... I need to get down to camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

I kept Holliday off for a number of reasons. First, ball security - good luck making a Coughlin team with serious fumbling issues. Second, offensive contribution - wont make the team without it and he's not going to contribute as a WR - so he better pray McAdoo has studied guys like McCluster and thinks he can use Holliday that way. Lastly, depth. KR: David Wilson/Quentin Demps/Odell Beckham Jr | PR: Rueben Randell/Odell Beckham Jr/Jerrel Jernigan. These are guys that are going to make the team - and can return well. If he makes this team it will be because he's shown he can hold onto the ball, return punts, and contribute on offense. A lot to ask, I don't see it happening. If Manningham is not ready to go, then I think he'll make it.
    I think Holliday is a lock on return ability alone. Wilson is awesome there, but there's always going to be some hesitant feelings on both the coaches and Wilson after a neck injury. Demps I feel like is a secondary return guy. Beckham needs to focus on being that #2 outside guy on offense and I think his role there will be big enough that he only gets PRs, not KRs. Jernigan is pretty solid on KR and I think he'll get a look before Beckham.

Now that coaches are talking about how good Holliday looked at WR in OTAs and minicamp, I can't imagine him not making the roster. They'll work out the ball security issues and I think this was a McAdoo signing where Holliday can be worked in as a Cobb type guy; out of the backfield on reverses, motioned into the slot, screens, etc.

I debated between Hynoski and Connor, but I ultimately went with Connor because he provides more on ST's and is a better run blocker. If they're after versatility out of the backfield I think it will be a TE. I wouldn't be surprised at Hynoski though, but that was my logic.
    This might be the first time I've ever not had a favorite in a camp battle. They're both so damn good in different ways. I went with Hyno because he seems like he'd fit a WC system well, but if Conner has a good camp and preseason as a pass catcher and a few short yardage carries, he'll probably win the job. Can't rule out Hyno re-injury too. Hell, maybe they cut Hillis and keep both FBs.

I think 9 DL is the number we'll see if no one surprises in camp. But if theres a guy that can contribute and develop as the 10th guy, he can make a roster. Gotta go 5 at DT no matter what, 4 is not enough. Maybe get a 5th DE or hybrid DE/DT type guy - or no one at all.
    I went with 9 as well to get depth in other spots, but I actually think it'll be 10. I don't see them letting Brewer go. Especially if there are health concerns with Snee and Beatty. They can't afford to scramble around for pieces and shifting again, so I think the more the better on OL depth.

As for that 5th DT spot - I had Quarles on there, but quite frankly I just don't think he's that good. I know everyone likes him, and we got a 3rd round pick as a UDFA, and yadayadayada but my gut instinct after watching his tape way back when was not too high on him. I never really liked Kuhn either, but apparently he's had one of the best offseasons in the program and has continuity and development time in this defense, so I went with him
    If thats true about Kuhn he'll definitely make it. Seems like a good dude and has that crazy German following. Be good to see him work his way back in.

I tried to sneak Charles James on the roster too, and I do think its more likely to see 6 corners and 4 safeties than 5 and 5, but I think they'll probably be able to get him back on the practice squad and I'm not sure Berhe or Taylor would make it. For me it was more of a long term view and an unwillingness to lose Cooper Taylor or Nat Berhe if they didn't make it to the PS and got claimed. I think they can both be special teams aces for us this year and long term contributors at safety. I think all of the top 3 safeties are on one year deals or last year of their deal this year, so those guys could be the future of the position.
    Honestly if there weren't so many issues with Hosley, I'd say they're keeping 7 CBs. Love the depth as is, but I just always assume a CB injury in the preseason. I just know for years I was scared if Webster ever went down and what happened when Ross went down.....now its nice to have guys like McBride and James around who I'd trust to step in.

Herzlich shouldn't make this team with no value anywhere except special teams now that we have Kennard. He got his chances. We all like the guy, but this is about improving the team. You don't need 6 LBs in a 4-3 defense and a nickel driven league. No way should Herzlich make the team over Cooper Taylor. Perosnally, if we kept 6 LBs, I think Dan Fox would make it over Herzlich. But then again - we're talking about Coughlin.
    And thats why he'll be back. Also I don't think they would have re-signed him in the offseason if there were as many questions about him as we do. Really I think its about his STs ability. If McClain and Kennard have good reps in camp at MIKE then I could see them letting Herzlich go. Then he can spend more time promoting his book. Also, McClain is a guy I keep forgetting they even signed, but I think will be a big piece on D.

I really just need football to start already....

vCash
    Holliday worked as the number 2 KR behind Demps in OTA's and the #1 PR. As a punt returner he has 78 where he caught or attempted to catch the ball and of those 78, 9 fumbles. Thats over a 2 year span. I really can live with a fumble on 12% of punt returns. We've done that before. Sure he's gonna look great on offense in OTA's with no pads as a short fast **** who gets north and south - if thats still the case when they bang and he cleans up ball security he'll make it, but when the football is bigger than your forearm its kind of hard to secure it properly so I don't have a lot of hope.

The Hosley suspension is a blessing in disguise with our CB depth because we basically have a 4 game window for a free roster spot and if someone does get hurt early there you can just wait for week 5 and your depth is settled again. 7 at CB is just too much, there will generally never be more than 4 on the field at a time in this defense. Depth is important, but you need it at every position.

Brewer was the best of a ****** situation. He's had years to develop and a shot as a starter. He can make it if Snee retires or if he can beat out John Jerry (only will happen if he's still injured) or Brandon Mosley but I don't think they'll keep a 10th O-Lineman. 8 or 9 there and for us 9 with the uncertainty. These guys don't play special teams so you try to limit it.

vCash
    I hate the ball security issues with him too and was shocked they signed him because of it, but I think they'll give him a bulk of the returns in preseason games and it'll be a situation where even one fumble or bobble will get him cut from there.

Good point about the contact free OTAs, but still if he's gonna shine anywhere on offense I think this system is his shot. If Wilson is somehow 100% and risk-free, then I'd rather they lose Holliday and have Wilson, then Demps then Jernigan on KR.

I still think they're invested enough in Brewer that he hangs around. Its a contract year for him so I can see them riding it out one more year with him and carrying 10 OL. Especially when 2, maybe 3 (Walton), starters have injury concerns.

vCash
    I think we carry 3 tight ends not 4
    And add herzlich

But I like OP'S otherwise

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I say add herzlich because it's the whole "story New York" kinda bs ... Guys a hell of a story but meh

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Health will definitely largely impact what this ultimately looks like, and I slightly considered it, but I couldn't really predict injuries so I went at things as is.

At TE I think Robinson and Donnell are locks. I think the other 3 are fighting for 2 spots.

Man I'm too excited... I need to get down to camp
    FYI when McClain went down Herzlich got time with the 1st teamers.

vCash
    I saw, but thats not unexpected. He knows the defense. You push the young guys up to get reps in minicamp. He's going to get serious competition from Kennard and Fox when the pads come on.

vCash
    Jerry is apparently having conditioning issues due to recovery from a knee injury. Won't help his cause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Jerry is apparently having conditioning issues due to recovery from a knee injury. Won't help his cause.
    No Jerry and No Snee would be baaaaaad. Especially if Walton doesn't nail that starting C job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast