Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Claim Carlos Boozer Off Waivers

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine ∑ 6m
    ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-17-2014 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Team definitely not trying to rebuild. Trying to become greatest treadmill team in NBA history. Per Marc Stein.
    A fan of a team stuck in 1st-2nd round purgatory and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future should not be talking crap about big bro that STILL owns the city despite 'lob city'.

Here's the tweet: @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Lakers have won the Carlos Boozer waiver auction today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    A fan of a team stuck in 1st-2nd round purgatory and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future should not be talking crap about big bro that STILL owns the city despite 'lob city'.

Here's the tweet: @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Lakers have won the Carlos Boozer waiver auction today
    Lol.

vCash
    this confuses me with nabbing davis yesterday,but he would be a good mentor for randle to have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    this confuses me with nabbing davis yesterday,but he would be a good mentor for randle to have
    Now you have Hill/Davis/Boozer all ahead of Randle. The great Jim Buss ladies and gentlemen.

vCash
    Team definitely not trying to rebuild. Trying to become greatest treadmill 10 seed team in NBA history. How is this beneficial to the growth of Julius Randle to sign a bunch of bigs?

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine ∑ 6m
    ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer
    You donít even know what you are talking about most of the time. Trying now to rebuild because we have a bunch of 1 year contracts and picked up a 1st round pick that we didnít have for next year for taking on Linís 1 year deal. They drafted a player at 7 and didnít feel anyone outside of the big FAís is worth a long term investment. They will have between 20 to 30 million to try again next year, and about $30 million in 2016.

vCash
    Makes zero sense.
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD

vCash
    Now you have Hill/Davis/Boozer all ahead of Randle. The great Jim Buss ladies and gentlemen.
    Why are they ahead of Randle? Hill or Davis and Boozer are backups. Hill or Davis will probably start at Center.

vCash
    i think hill will be primarily at c and at least davis will be behind randle

vCash
    Hill will likely be our starting center, Davis can be the backup center, which means Randle is the backup 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    Hill will likely be our starting center, Davis can be the backup center, which means Randle is the backup 4.
    I know that. Still bigs that will likely get more minutes than him, slowing his development. Which is what I meant by being "behind".

vCash
    I'm not saying the Lakers suck.. I'm more saying the words vs actions don't align. Fans seem to think team is rebuilding/trying to suck... but the front office keeps trying to sign players that seem to be more of a win now mode vets.

vCash
    Gotta put a roster out there, I guess. It's neither a good nor a bad move IMO. It's just a move.

vCash
    I know that. Still bigs that will likely get more minutes than him, slowing his development. Which is what I meant by being "behind".
    Minutes at the 4 will be shared by Boozer and Randle. Minutes at the 5 will be distributed by Hill and Davis. Randle can still get anywhere between 20-30 minutes a game especially with Boozer not as good as he used to be.

Further this provides more mentors for Randle, he needs to learn to develop his mid range jumper as a big man, and Boozer can definitely teach him that, as long as Randle is willing to put in the work.

vCash
    KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 3m
    Lakers taking Carlos Boozer instead of giving time to a more developmental player reflects a desire to compete better now.

Pretty much all I'm saying. Don't get mad at me for pointing out the obvious.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast