Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Predictions for the Second Half Thread

I figured since we have a thread for what predictions we got wrong, why not have a thread where we make predictions about players, the team, or the organization. Then we can look back and see what we got right or wrong. So what are your future predictions regarding the Mets?
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-18-2014 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    I guess I'll start and say I think we stand pat at the trade deadline and don't make any moves. I think we will go forward with the team we have, but if anyone is moved it is probably Colon.

vCash
    This more like an offseason exercise, but I'll bite:

1) Syndergaard will come up and have a Harvey-like impact(2012) when he comes up
    2) deGrom continues to pitch well and will have the lowest ERA of all Mets starters that have been there all year
    3) Colon gets traded after the non-waiver deadline
    4) Montero comes up and helps out the pen in September
    5) d'Arnaud and Duda are for real and continue to produce
    6) Wright returns to all-star form
    7) Granderson continues his resurgence
    8) Gee and Niese will regress some
    9) CY does not get released and is a useful bench piece for the rest of the season
    10) Mets finish over .500

vCash
    The mets will win a championship sometime in the next 50 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Going out on a limb I see.

vCash
    Well I put on some weight, so am scurred that I might fall if I stand on such a brittle limb.

vCash
    Thanks YS for participating. I guess it's easier for posters to admit themselves when their wrong than actually post a prediction and then have to face being shown they were wrong later.

vCash
    Alderson's option for 2015 is picked up.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon:28808779
    Thanks YS for participating. I guess it's easier for posters to admit themselves when their wrong than actually post a prediction and then have to face being shown they were wrong later.
    Its not that. Its just that its hard to formalize this. People dont stop what theyre doing to say, hmmm, lemme make some predictions. Rather, theyre made in the context of individual conversations.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Alderson's option for 2015 is picked up.
    Praise Allah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Its not that. Its just that its hard to formalize this. People dont stop what theyre doing to say, hmmm, lemme make some predictions. Rather, theyre made in the context of individual conversations.
    I understand what your saying. I just thought if people had ideas about what certain players would do this second half or trades to me made, etc. For instance, I think they keep Murphy and move Herrera to try him as our future SS. I'm probably wrong about that, but just as an example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon:28808970
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I understand what your saying. I just thought if people had ideas about what certain players would do this second half or trades to me made, etc. For instance, I think they keep Murphy and move Herrera to try him as our future SS. I'm probably wrong about that, but just as an example.
    Would love to know if Herrera can play short. I seem to recall he cant. Then again they said the same about Wilmer.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Some fans will predict that championship every year over the next 50 years.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Is this one of those threads where we just make ridiculous predictions?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Is this one of those threads where we just make ridiculous predictions?
    That was not the intention, but unfortunately I think it's headed that way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast