Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Question Are Clippers finally going to win it all next season?

Lots of folks were thinking last year was their time and the Sterling controversy would've made for a sweet story, but it was not to be as they lost in 6 games to the OKC Thunder, a series that had its controversial officiating.

So what about next season?

The Clippers have added some frontcourt depth and hopefully by season's opening, the Sterling issue will be over.

Could the Clippers overthrow the defending champion Spurs or get past the Thunder (who have been mostly quiet this off-season) or Warriors again (who have added new players as well)?

I think the Clippers have to win soon with that stacked roster, otherwise Chris Paul will continue to be criticized and perhaps rightfully so.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Everything will boil down to two things. Health (half of the roster is injury prone) and that SF position. The Clippers addressed number 1 and 3 of their top needs (backup big, replacement for Collison) but not number 2. Which was to add an upgrade at SF. Barnes was very solid last year but vanishes completely in the playoffs every year. Dudley was a good fit in theory, but came into camp fat as usual and was injured most of the year.

Unless Dudley bounces back to 2 years ago level of play.. or the team trades for a SF... I'm thinking they get to WCF at most, but not win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Everything will boil down to two things. Health (half of the roster is injury prone) and that SF position. The Clippers addressed number 1 and 3 of their top needs (backup big, replacement for Collison) but not number 2. Which was to add an upgrade at SF. Barnes was very solid last year but vanishes completely in the playoffs every year. Dudley was a good fit in theory, but came into camp fat as usual and was injured most of the year.

Unless Dudley bounces back to 2 years ago level of play.. or the team trades for a SF... I'm thinking they get to WCF at most, but not win it all.
    What is their cap situation? There are still some SFs on the market.

vCash
    Deppends on age finally taking a tall on the spurs.

If they can make the finals they will win tough, east is funny and open but their finalist has few options of defeating west winer.

I do think they have an upper edge on thunder or Rockets now.
    ]

vCash
    I say if they get past west, they win it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

If they can make the finals they will win tough, east is funny and open but their finalist has few options of defeating west winer.

Thing is, the Spurs aren't really that old outside of the big 3 and one could argue it was the bench that helped them win. That passing beauty and whatnot is tough to handle when so many guys can knock down shots, especially Patty Mills who went nuts. Clippers definitely seem to have more reliable pieces now than Miami did, so it'd be an interesting series. I could definitely see Clippers beating the Spurs with their new players, and who knows--Spurs might go out early. Dallas almost put them out last time. I wonder if Clippers will be able to nab the top spot in the west, because home court in Lob City should help against the Spurs (despite SA's knack for winning on the road).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    All the team has is one minimum spot to offer now . The only hope for acquiring a SF would be to trade a package of Jamal Crawford+something else. The trade I'd like to see is Crawford for Wilson Chandler. Wilson is a solid B level SF who is a big upgrade to Barnes/Dudley but Denver is shopping him. Crawford is on a nice short, affordable contract and can be a nice 6th man in Denver. Clippers don't need an all star at the SF spot, they just need someone who won't hurt them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

They've had the edge on the Rockets. Further playoff run last year, swept Rockets by an average of 13 ppg and won 3 more games in the season. I also think they were robbed of that Thunder series and only won 2 games less despite Paul missing 20+, Redick 50. In other words.. I had them as the second best team in the west anyway this coming season.

But yes, until proven otherwise the Spurs reign supreme over the conference and someone needs to beat them.

vCash
    All the team has is one minimum spot to offer now . The only hope for acquiring a SF would be to trade a package of Jamal Crawford+something else. The trade I'd like to see is Crawford for Wilson Chandler. Wilson is a solid B level SF who is a big upgrade to Barnes/Dudley but Denver is shopping him. Crawford is on a nice short, affordable contract and can be a nice 6th man in Denver. Clippers don't need an all star at the SF spot, they just need someone who won't hurt them.
    I heard they were considering a deal that would've sent Crawford to Cleveland, but never happened. I could see them making a move to improve the SF. This off-season has shown me that teams are willing to shake it up.

vCash
    until proven otherwise the Spurs reign supreme over the conference and someone needs to beat them.
    Heck, I think with the moves by Dallas, they just might win next time around if they draw the Spurs again in the 1st/2nd round. They did knock out the Spurs early back in 2006 as the 4th seed when SA was #1.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 07-17-2014 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    They can only sign one more guy. And has to be vet min. Gonna have to bank on Dudley returning to his Phoenix form

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Heck, I think with the moves by Dallas, they just might win next time around if they draw the Spurs again in the 1st/2nd round. They did knock out the Spurs early back in 2006 as the 4th seed when SA was #1.
    This Spurs team is oh so different than the mid 2000's Spurs. Those Spurs teams were more of a defense first, grind out team (at least compared to now). These current Spurs teams are elite passing, uptempo, constant motion, fastbreaking offense with too many weapons to stop. THEN you have elite defense there in the background when they need to tighten up.

In other words the Spurs have not only adapted to modern play, but they have set the bar for it. I agree they aren't unbeatable by any means. Just saying that when you win the title I believe you've earned the right to call yourself the best or favorite until someone PROVES you aren't.

vCash
    Whoever makes it out west will win it all.

I still got the Spurs and thunder ahead of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Whoever makes it out west will win it all.

I still got the Spurs and thunder ahead of them
    Who improved more this summer between the Clippers/Thunder?

vCash
    I am not sure how to answer this because moves are still being made, but I will say it would be nice for the Sterling stuff to be over sooner rather than later. If it's still lingering and things aren't right with them early on, it could be problematic. Any minor slippage in the West, even early on can make a big difference.

They are of course one of the handful of teams that probably has a realistic change at it though.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 07-17-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast