Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

In year 5 Amar'e Stoudemire is still a KEY piece to the New York Knicks' success.

In 2010 when Amar'e Stoudemire signed with the New York Knicks. He was a dynamic and efficient scoring BIG.. Leading the Knicks to pretty much a .500 record before the arrival of Carmelo Anthony.. Since then.. The Knicks have had poor results when both of them share the court. Except for the stretch late in the season where the Knicks went 16-6 and had a 7 or 8 game winning streak which put them back in the playoff hunt in the abysmal eastern conference.

Amar'e played 60+ games last season. Was the little success they had together an anomaly? Or was it the result of those guys finally getting some type of on court chemistry?.. I think so it was the latter. They were never able to play enough games together to get any type of chemistry. And even with that said.. In games where the both played well we usually win. Especially against the better teams in the East. Miami, Indiana. In basketball you need a balanced attack on offense. A presence inside and a presence outside. Melo has pretty much been both for us in the absence of a healthy Amar'e. Now that Amar'e looks to be 100% healthy for the first time since he arrived in NY.. Our 1 -2 punch has a chance to finally bear fruit. I am of the opinion that if Amar'e does not play well the knicks ceiling has a cap on it. If he does play well.. We have the potential to beat anyone in a 7 game series. Due to his efficiency and his versatility on the offensive end.

By having him in the game.. We will get to the free throw line at an increased rate.. Putting defenses in foul trouble is something we haven't been good at. The knicks were ranked 28th or 29th in the league in free throw attempts.. It also does not give defenses an opportunity to simply key in on Melo.. By having Amare out there.. Defenses have to pick their poison. You can't load up on Melo because Amar'e can kill you.. And you can load up on Amare because Melo will kill you. In order to keep them both in check you take a gamble leaving guys like Hardaway and JR out there with wide open looks.. A proposition I would take my chances with.

We lost a bunch of games last year by 5 points or less.. Amar'e 18 and 8 will go a long way to turning those loses into wins.

Thoughts?..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Crazy it's been 5 years already. Amare is only the key to success because he offers us the possibility of a "second" star in NYC.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    I agree. I think Amare has a comeback year in his contract year. I also think he hasn't been this healthy since his first year here.

vCash
    hah EnWhYKay with his usual Amare prepositions. As much as I **** on him for his defense I actually think he will play well for us next year but obviously not 20+ mill worth.

Also:

vCash
    I won't shock me at all if stat puts up 20 plus points next season, and we'll all be sitting here thinking what if he stayed healthy. It's unfortunate what happened with stat, but that's the way things go some times we just have to move forward. Also, I've always felt if he stayed healthy we wouldn't be in the this predicament right now.

vCash
    Now if Phil can get just one GM to agree with this and be willing to take him off his hands...

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    ............. not a fan, but I will say, everybody needs a fresh start in the triangle.

Did Phil say he views him as a 5??? Maybe he'll start, who knows, it's going to be tough putting together lineups if you want to get Bargs and Stat time. That I don't what to see.........
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    In 2010 when Amar'e Stoudemire signed with the New York Knicks. He was a dynamic and efficient scoring BIG.. Leading the Knicks to pretty much a .500 record before the arrival of Carmelo Anthony.. Since then.. The Knicks have had poor results when both of them share the court. Except for the stretch late in the season where the Knicks went 16-6 and had a 7 or 8 game winning streak which put them back in the playoff hunt in the abysmal eastern conference.

Amar'e played 60+ games last season. Was the little success they had together an anomaly? Or was it the result of those guys finally getting some type of on court chemistry?.. I think so it was the latter. They were never able to play enough games together to get any type of chemistry. And even with that said.. In games where the both played well we usually win. Especially against the better teams in the East. Miami, Indiana. In basketball you need a balanced attack on offense. A presence inside and a presence outside. Melo has pretty much been both for us in the absence of a healthy Amar'e. Now that Amar'e looks to be 100% healthy for the first time since he arrived in NY.. Our 1 -2 punch has a chance to finally bear fruit. I am of the opinion that if Amar'e does not play well the knicks ceiling has a cap on it. If he does play well.. We have the potential to beat anyone in a 7 game series. Due to his efficiency and his versatility on the offensive end.

By having him in the game.. We will get to the free throw line at an increased rate.. Putting defenses in foul trouble is something we haven't been good at. The knicks were ranked 28th or 29th in the league in free throw attempts.. It also does not give defenses an opportunity to simply key in on Melo.. By having Amare out there.. Defenses have to pick their poison. You can't load up on Melo because Amar'e can kill you.. And you can load up on Amare because Melo will kill you. In order to keep them both in check you take a gamble leaving guys like Hardaway and JR out there with wide open looks.. A proposition I would take my chances with.

We lost a bunch of games last year by 5 points or less.. Amar'e 18 and 8 will go a long way to turning those loses into wins.

Thoughts?..
    STAT's performance alone will probably be the difference between a 45 win team and a 55 win team.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    hah EnWhYKay with his usual Amare prepositions. As much as I **** on him for his defense I actually think he will play well for us next year but obviously not 20+ mill worth.

Also:
    That makes me think of that movie Indecent Proposal........ "I'll get you 1 million dollars phil/fish for night with Stat as the number 1 option"- Rated (P)henomenal
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    I've been adamant about this.. It isn't the skill that is the issue.. It has always been the health.. If the man is healthy.. We have a bonafied number two.. Who doesn't have to rely on a jump shot to get us points.. The Knicks rely way too much on jump shooting.. It is the reason why we can't keep a lead.. It is also the reason why we can't get to the free throw line.. You need someone who can bring some sort of value in the paint outside of just easy dunks..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    I've been adamant about this.. It isn't the skill that is the issue.. It has always been the health.. If the man is healthy.. We have a bonafied number two.. Who doesn't have to rely on a jump shot to get us points.. The Knicks rely way too much on jump shooting.. It is the reason why we can't keep a lead.. It is also the reason why we can't get to the free throw line.. You need someone who can bring some sort of value in the paint outside of just easy dunks..
    I agree it's always been health, but Stat also needs a good pick and roll PG because STAT is about as coordinated as Urkel when penetrating with the ball. How many times has STAT bobbled the ball, kicked it out of bounds, dribbled off his foot, or gotten the ball stolen when he's had to put the ball on the floor and penetrate. Hopefully Calderon can set STAT up well in the paint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    I agree it's always been health, but Stat also needs a good pick and roll PG because STAT is about as coordinated as Urkel when penetrating with the ball. How many times has STAT bobbled the ball, kicked it out of bounds, dribbled off his foot, or gotten the ball stolen when he's had to put the ball on the floor and penetrate. Hopefully Calderon can set STAT up well in the paint.
    A lot of this is due to a loss of timing from being hurt.. It takes a bit before your timing comes back.. When he first got here he didn't have those issues.. If you guys are interested follow him on Instagram.. He's in the gym every day.. Twice a day.. The guy looks ready to go..

Also JR said on first take that he and Melo have been in the gym doing two a days every day.. So guys are putting in work.. Hopefully it pays dividends in the upcoming season.. We have suffered enough as knick fans..

vCash
    I hope he's PHENOMINAL !!!!!!

vCash
    Fifth time's the charm lol

vCash
    I've always been critical of Stat at times, but truth be told he's the only legit second scoring option we have. We need him this coming season. Only issue with Amare is his durability. If he can give us 25 mins a night for 65-70 games, we will be that much better of a team....

I got $10 to start the "Vino for Amare" fund who's wit it?

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast