0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

1 1.33%
  • Jerry West

3 4.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

PSD's Official #10 Player of All Time

Voting for #9 has concluded and PSD's Official #9 NBA Player of all time is....

Larry Bird

24.3 PPG | 10.0 RPG | 6.3 AST | .496% FG | 23.5 PER | 145.8 WS

Achievements:

12 time All-Star
    3 NBA Championships
    3 Time MVP
    2 Time Finals MVP
    9 Time All-NBA First Teamer
    Rookie of the Year
    Led in PER 1x

Voting

Larry Bird 46
    Kobe Bryant 44
    Bill Russell 3
    Oscar Robertson 2
    Dwyane Wade 2
    David Robinson 1
    Charles Barkley 1
    Karl Malone 1
    Kevin Garnett 0
    Elgin Baylor 0
    Moses Malone 0
    John Stockton 0
    Jerry West 0
    Dirk Nowitzki 0
    Julius Erving 0

The List:

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Wilt Chamberlain
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Shaquille O'neal
    6. Tim Duncan
    7. Hakeem Olajuwan
    8. LeBron James
    9. Larry Bird

Please vote, explain and nominate...per the usual.

Rick Barry was added to the poll, because he was the only guy nominated. Your guy not on the list? It's your fault!

The "Official" Top-50 list will go up sometime today or tomorrow.

Just a reminder, please keep things civil. This is all just for fun. If you're getting agitated to the point where you're just belittling or insulting people for their opinions, well...reevaluate things.

Also, 3 days seems to be working a bit better, so for the time being we'll stick with three days. If we have to speed things up later we can.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Wow.. Straight up robbery

vCash

PSD's Official #10 Player of All Time

Finally Bird off the board.

Kobe is an easy pick here for me

vCash
    Thank God Bill doesn't crack the top 10.

vCash
    Just close this thread now...Kobe.

vCash
    Kobe should have gone 9th, but oh well. He has to go here, seriously

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Kobe probably wins here. An argument could be made for Bill Russell, but Kobe will win.

Nominate Isaiah Thomas
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Kobe should have gone 9th, but oh well. He has to go here, seriously
    Do you think that for both peak and career achievement?

As in both players at the absolute peak of their abilities, you would take Kobe for your team over Bird?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Can someone explain why Bill Russell hasn't gone yet and Magic went 4th when the arguments against Russell are the SAME arguments against Magic...

He had great teammates. Uh, Magic is the only guy to have played nearly his whole career with another guy in the top 5 of this list.

He was a one way player. Magic was a one way player. You cannot say Magic's defense was better than Russell's offense.

It's just inexplicable to me that there is this double standard. If Magic went in the back half of the top 10 or Russell went closer to Magic it'd make sense, but people saw the same deficiencies in both players arguments and made contradictory decisions.

Ridiculous.

vCash
    Protest vote with Oscar Robertson. Probably my last vote in these things. The list is absolutely hillarious btw.

Nominate Isiah Thomas seeing that he might end up #30 or something if he's not on that list by the next vote ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think that for both peak and career achievement?

As in both players at the absolute peak of their abilities, you would take Kobe for your team over Bird?
    I weigh a career as a career, not a peak. I rank Kobe's career better than Bird's. If I had to take a single year, I would take 85-86' Bird over any year Kobe produced.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Can someone explain why Bill Russell hasn't gone yet and Magic went 4th when the arguments against Russell are the SAME arguments against Magic...

He had great teammates. Uh, Magic is the only guy to have played nearly his whole career with another guy in the top 5 of this list.

He was a one way player. Magic was a one way player. You cannot say Magic's defense was better than Russell's offense.

It's just inexplicable to me that there is this double standard. If Magic went in the back half of the top 10 or Russell went closer to Magic it'd make sense, but people saw the same deficiencies in both players arguments and made contradictory decisions.

Ridiculous.
    Magic went too high, I agree. But I also have an issue with Russell going at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Protest vote with Oscar Robertson. Probably my last vote in these things. The list is absolutely hillarious btw.

Nominate Isiah Thomas seeing that he might end up #30 or something if he's not on that list by the next vote ..
    do you honestly believe Zeke belongs anywhere near the top 10?

vCash
    I can certainly understand a lot of the Kobe support based on longevity and the age of posters so I expect Kobe to win this vote in a route.

For me this is a tough call though because if I was starting a team tomorrow I would consider taking David Robinson before Kobe. I know Drob is not shown a lot of respect on PSD but the guy was a darn good player for the first 7 years of his career before his back injury. If you pick based on cumulative stuff like most games played, most points scored, and most anything else Kobe is the choice for sure but was he a better basketball player? I think I'm going to go Drob. I understand some Kobe fans will be upset by this pick. I do not mean any offense to Kobe. I'm just giving my own opinion. People are free to disagree with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I can certainly understand a lot of the Kobe support based on longevity and the age of posters so I expect Kobe to win this vote in a route.

For me this is a tough call though because if I was starting a team tomorrow I would consider taking David Robinson before Kobe. I know Drob is not shown a lot of respect on PSD but the guy was a darn good player for the first 7 years of his career before his back injury. If you pick based on cumulative stuff like most games played, most points scored, and most anything else Kobe is the choice for sure but was he a better basketball player? I think I'm going to go Drob. I understand some Kobe fans will be upset by this pick. I do not mean any offense to Kobe. I'm just giving my own opinion. People are free to disagree with it.
    Heresy!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast