Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Offseason reset: Where C's stand

Article on the C's current situation. It's all good in CelticLand.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...espnapi_public

vCash
    Its all good?

How is being a fringe 8 seed / low lotto team all good? Basketball purgatory isn't where you want to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Its all good?

How is being a fringe 8 seed / low lotto team all good? Basketball purgatory isn't where you want to be.
    You think the celtics even have a chance in the East to make the 8th seed. celtics only added zeller and thornton. Lost hump. This team is no better off then it was last year. I would be utterly surprised if we werent a bottom 6 record in nba.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    You think the celtics even have a chance in the East to make the 8th seed. celtics only added zeller and thornton. Lost hump. This team is no better off then it was last year. I would be utterly surprised if we werent a bottom 6 record in nba.
    I do, actually, and it sucks.

Rondo healthy all year, starting 5 with a year of experience. As much as I hate to admit it, Rondo is going to help the team defense, and give Bradley/Green/Sully better looks.

Having Thornton as a legit scorer off the bench, Zeller as a legit 7 footer, Sully+KO with a year of experience, healthy Gerald Wallace...Yeah.

I dont want them to be good but they're going to challenge for an 8 seed with this roster.

vCash
    Yes, this team could compete for the 8th seed. That is not a good thing. Enough fro mthe Green Teamers rooting for every win. I love the celtics, but they need to tank again. Unless DA has some trades in the works, this team needs to suck one more year. Compile assets and then make the move. Maybe they'l be able to draft Okafor this year.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #PlayPoorForOkafor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    Yes, this team could compete for the 8th seed. That is not a good thing. Enough fro mthe Green Teamers rooting for every win. I love the celtics, but they need to tank again. Unless DA has some trades in the works, this team needs to suck one more year. Compile assets and then make the move. Maybe they'l be able to draft Okafor this year.
    Even if they aren't in a position to get Okafor, the draft is loaded. Lots of high end talent at every position. It's going to be a GREAT draft to have 2-3 picks in the first round. Maybe more if they ditch Rondo and Green this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Even if they aren't in a position to get Okafor, the draft is loaded. Lots of high end talent at every position. It's going to be a GREAT draft to have 2-3 picks in the first round. Maybe more if they ditch Rondo and Green this year.
    x2

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

#PrayforStanton
    #PlayPoorForOkafor

vCash
    Hawks
    Cavs
    Nets
    Hornets
    Raptors
    Pacers
    Wizards
    Bulls

Will be in the playoffs I think...we should be safely away from the 8th seed

Never been a fan of all out tanking, mostly because it doesn't work in our favor too often

vCash
    With a more balanced East I could see the Celtics having a similar record to last year. Interested to see how the rest of the summer goes. There will be moves.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    With a more balanced East I could see the Celtics having a similar record to last year. Interested to see how the rest of the summer goes. There will be moves.
    Every team got better except the teams that finished below us and detroit might sink under us,
    we will probably finish 5th from the bottom in the east, we would be battling the knicks, nets and hawks for a playoff spot and they most likely will beat us out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Never been a fan of all out tanking, mostly because it doesn't work in our favor too often
    For one draft, can the basketball Gods work in our favor? Please?

vCash
    Hawks
    Cavs
    Nets
    Hornets
    Raptors
    Pacers
    Wizards
    Bulls

Will be in the playoffs I think...we should be safely away from the 8th seed

I dont know. If you all-out tank you at least have a SHOT at a top 3 pick. What's the point of being projected in the 9-12 range?

vCash
    Well I think we're still a bottom 10 team without a full out tank and being in the Lotto you do have a SHOT at a top 3 pick...but I know what you're saying.

Like I said I'm just not personally fan of tanking because the last 2 recent times we did we ended up with 5-6 and also not a full believer that tanking helps develop guys, maybe rookies learning to play but not 2nd 3rd year players who need to learn to win.

vCash
    Is there any team clearly worse than us other than Philly?

Every team in the east with at least some talent is trying to compete since the door is wide open. Look how aggressive teams like Cleveland, Charlotte, Washington, Chicago were once Miami and Indy fell off.

Milwaukee and Orlando are both young but Milwaukee has the most NBA ready draftee, healthy Mayo/Sanders/Ilyasova, and a rapidly improving beast in Giannis and Henson. Sanders and Illy carried that team to the playoffs two years ago behind the Monta/Jennings chuck squad. I consider Kidd an upgrade over Drew as well and he probably can elevate Knight's game. That team can take a huge jump if they play to their potential, they have a higher ceiling than the Celtics this season.
    Other than Milwaukeee/Orlando/Philly who is gunning for the lotto?

The Kings should be significantly better. Stauskas will help right away, Gay was pretty good in his half season and DMC is a monster and Collison minimizes the loss of IT somewhat.

From the looks of it Love is staying with the wolves to begin the season, that team has too much offensive firepower to flare out as a bottom dweller.

Jazz are a hard sell. Burke-Burks-Exum-Hayward-Favors-Kanter the potential is there but not sure if it'll lead to success this year. They probably end up as a bottom 6 team as well.

I have no idea what is going on with the Lakers but they're a lotto team gunning hard for #1 (their traded pick is top 5 protected, big risk) unless Kobe magically comes bad

I think people are overrating this team. Yes there's a lot of depth, but how many guys are actually productive for success? The Celtics have two key components that lead to mediocrity. Poor inefficient scoring and no post presence/legnth. An increased offensive load has led to the defensive decline in Avery and Rondo, having poor defensive big men doesn't help either. The tank will be fine next season. Honestly if we were placing odds I'd say

Sixers

Lakers
    Magic
    Jazz
    Celtics
    Wolves
    Pistons
    Suns
    Bucks
    Nuggets

as my top 10

vCash
    Well I think we're still a bottom 10 team without a full out tank and being in the Lotto you do have a SHOT at a top 3 pick...but I know what you're saying.

Like I said I'm just not personally fan of tanking because the last 2 recent times we did we ended up with 5-6 and also not a full believer that tanking helps develop guys, maybe rookies learning to play but not 2nd 3rd year players who need to learn to win.
    So what? Is the future based on the past in a lotto?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast