Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What are YOUR expectations for the Heat next year?

PG Chalmers/Cole/Napier
    SG Wade/Ennis
    SF Deng/Granger
    PF McRoberts/Haslem
    C Bosh/Birdman/Hamilton

That's a 12 man roster, we will still probably bring in 3 more guys to make it a complete 15 man roster.

IMO this team could win 50+ games next year and truly compete for the Eastern Conference. Perhaps I'm being too hopeful but comparing that to Cleveland (who only went 33-49 before adding Lebron and Wiggins), Indiana after losing Stephenson (and shopping Hibbert), and Chicago (the Bulls actually do look a little better as long as Rose is healthy) the Heat look pretty good.

Obviously we have to stay healthy and the SF position looks a little thin to me (I'm not sold on Granger). I also think it would be more ideal if we had another Center who could start so we could move Bosh back to PF and McRoberts could be the 6th man. But all in all while the East is more balanced, it is still relatively weak. I'm not saying we are going to do it, or even the favorites, but I believe we have a real shot at coming out of the East for a 5th straight year.

Again maybe I'm being too hopeful, but maybe I'm not........ Discuss
    Last edited by TylerSL; 07-17-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    vCash
    I think we have a legitimate shot being 50+ wins and reaching the ECF, but that depends on who we matchup with in the second round.

I think the Bulls make it out the East if Rose stays healthy. Wizards improved and will be better than Pacers as they lost Stephenson.

Thinking standings will look like this at the end barring any injuries, etc:

1. Bulls
    2. Heat
    3. Wizards
    4. Cavs
    5. Nets
    6. Raps
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks or Knicks
    Last edited by AllBall; 07-17-2014 at 03:28 AM.

vCash
    i'd feel alot better if we could get boozer somehow because rebounding is going to continue to be a big problem and now there's no more lebron to help offset that big disadvantage. the rim protection is pretty weak with pretty much birdman as the only capable option in that department and he plays limited minutes. sometimes bosh can be ok in that regard but he's most useful defensively showing on the pick and rolls. then the pg spot continues to be very underwhelming along with no trustworthy backup for wade. i don't like the depth, and see some holes in this team that will likely be their downfall unfortunately. i'd say probably around 45-50 wins and a 2nd round exit are about what i'd expect. i hope i'm wrong and if wade and bosh have big years then it's very possible. i'm excited to find out and see it unfold regardless because stranger things have happened in sports then a team this talented and experienced making a big surprising run.

vCash
    We must see a different Wade - one who must not resemble the player we saw during the Lebron era. No more laziness on defense, no more whinging & whining & acting like a diva. No more sooking & asking for fouls & especially no more flopping (for facks sakes, seriously no more of this bs, nonsense). The player i saw the past 4 yrs was a totally different person - obnoxious, arrogant & acting entitled (sound familiar?). The Wade i knew prior to the Big 3 was humble, let his game speak, put his head down & do all he could to win ball games. I hated seeing how Wade was w/ Lebron. The influence is strong. Lebron seems to have that sort of effect.

If Wade approaches this offseason w/ a different mind set, then we could see some very positive changes. If he chooses to focus, dedicate & commit to work on that mid range jumper & 3 pnt'er to give his game, not only consistency but more importantly longevity, then we're talking a different beast here. If teams have to respect Wade's jumpers he becomes even more lethal w/ a drive plus shooting game. Yes, Bosh will most probably have a great season & hopefully give Miami that 20/10 sort of game but IMHO Wade is key. We're going to have to see something like the 2008 Wade. It's not just about scoring baskets but we need him to have that hunger, fire & determination.

I am highly anticipating how this will all unfold, come nxt season. But if we see the same lazy, obnoxious, whiny, flopping Wade, w/ a horrible jumper, defense and non existent 3 pt shot best kiss the season good bye. Miami won't last a second in the playoffs if Wade doesn't change.

W/ the current line up, the bench is thin, our 1 & 5 spot are still weak. This, yet again, means Miami will be exposed come the later stages of the playoffs and may be even lucky to get out of 1st round, if we fail to grab boards. To offset this Wade (& Bosh) must have great games & our defense must be sharp & suffocating. Our roster is dependent on our starters, unless Granger has a great season, we are going to struggle w/ the second unit.........

..........Still hoping Riley can add a center!

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    My prediction for the Heat would be to make anywhere from 5-8 seed. I would be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs but more surprised if they got anything better than 4th seed.

The Heat need a PG who can lead and be an efficient facilitator and a defensive center to allow Bosh to play his natural position; McRoberts is not that guy either and Chalmers is a solid backup PG. To "come out of the east"... Bosh needs to be the Toronto Bosh, and Wade has to be 2006 Wade (including the ref's whistle). With that, they could maybe make the ECF. Chicago, with or without the big question mark (Derrick Rose) looks very scary. They have a superior roster and an even more superior coach. I think the match-ups would be disastrous for a Bulls/Heat ECF. However, I could see the CAVS being beaten in the playoffs by the Miami Heat. They are still young and have no real championship experience. I think it would be a fantastic playoff series match-up!

I am excited for you guys and I wish your team success.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 07-17-2014 at 07:16 AM.

vCash
    Hopefull for 5Th straight Finals Appearance. Its possible as I don't think any other East team can beat the heat as of now...
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

vCash
    im expecting the heat to go to ECF and hopefully its vs cavs ..this is not gonna be easy but a healthy,well conditioned ,and angry wade will be the difference ..and deng too .. a little worried right now about our bench but i know pat isnt done .. lets go heat !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    My prediction for the Heat would be to make anywhere from 5-8 seed. I would be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs but more surprised if they got anything better than 4th seed.

The Heat need a PG who can lead and be an efficient facilitator and a defensive center to allow Bosh to play his natural position; McRoberts is not that guy either and Chalmers is a solid backup PG. To "come out of the east"... Bosh needs to be the Toronto Bosh, and Wade has to be 2006 Wade (including the ref's whistle). With that, they could maybe make the ECF. Chicago, with or without the big question mark (Derrick Rose) looks very scary. They have a superior roster and an even more superior coach. I think the match-ups would be disastrous for a Bulls/Heat ECF. However, I could see the CAVS being beaten in the playoffs by the Miami Heat. They are still young and have no real championship experience. I think it would be a fantastic playoff series match-up!

I am excited for you guys and I wish your team success.
    what ? u serious ?

vCash
    Bulls worry me. Not only could they have Rose healthy, but they added Pau Gasol, Doug McBuckets, and a serious Euro talent in Nikola Mirotic to an already deep roster.

And the Wizards are gonna be really tough. Wall & Beal only getting better and their front court is gonna be a major rebounding problem for us with Gortat/Humphries/Blair/Nene. Then they even have some up-n-coming guys in Otto Porter and Glen Rice, Jr. Pretty damn deep and talented roster overall.

I'm more worried about those two teams than the Cavs/Pacers/Nets right now. But the sweetest thing would be to knock the Cavs out of the playoffs. Anything this year that includes a Cavs knockout would be a success!

vCash
    Make it to the second round apply the MJ rules towards Lebron while beating the cavs after that I don't give a ****

vCash
    On a serious note I'm really excited for this upcoming season, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of ball movement instead of the famous 8 second jab step and just excited to see Wade!!! I expect see this HEAT team to try and shut all the doubters up... O yeah 47 to 52 wins I CAN'T WAIT!!!

vCash
    12 players already? Wow! I was kinda expecting more. While I'm excited, I'm also concerned now. Our guards are small. Not sure. What kind of wade we'll be seeing. Frontcourt is small too and thin. I was hoping bosh goes back to pf. Still no center. And concerned of granger and deng's health. Let's hope everybody's healthy all the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flashwade03 View Post
    what ? u serious ?
    Yes. I don't think I'm part of the minority that believe the odds of Miami winning the ECF is less than Miami being a 5-8 seed. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with being optimistic.

I, too, actually wish Miami and Cleveland play in the ECF though. That would be electrifying.

vCash
    You know what's more electrifying? Ecf vs cavs and we won the series. Lol.

vCash

What are YOUR expectations for the Heat next year?

Tough for me right now....FA isn't quite over yet and Wade's health is a HUGE question mark. We can't afford to have him miss so many games, yet we need him healthy for the playoffs. It's a delicate situation.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast