Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How good do you believe Deron Williams will be going forward?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Star player once again!

0 0%
  • Just a very solid PG.

3 25.00%
  • Average (at best) PG.

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Deron Williams: Redemption or Moderation?

I use to love Deron Williams and felt, at one time, he was arguably the best PG in the league. Since going to NJ/Brooklyn, he has steadily declined from solid superstar to solid PG. I sincerely hope he is able to return to at least an 18/3/8 with solid offensive efficiency numbers. Could you envision Deron getting healthy enough to pull these types of numbers again or do you think he will be a solid PG in between an okay player and an all star caliber player?

(I feel I always have to ask fans of teams to NOT be disrespectful to other fan bases and actually stick to the thread topic, please!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I use to love Deron Williams and felt, at one time, he was arguably the best PG in the league. Since going to NJ/Brooklyn, he has steadily declined from solid superstar to solid PG. I sincerely hope he is able to return to at least an 18/3/8 with solid offensive efficiency numbers. Could you envision Deron getting healthy enough to pull these types of numbers again or do you think he will be a solid PG in between an okay player and an all star caliber player?

(I feel I always have to ask fans of teams to NOT be disrespectful to other fan bases and actually stick to the thread topic, please!)

Nope not gonna happen. Deron has the same problem Baron Davis did. All there problems can be traced back to always being to heavy. Which is what leads to all their physical problems.

vCash
    Has he actually been that bad? I don't watch the Nets but his stat line seems decent and his shooting percentages are above average. He's not worth his contract, but he's not a bad player.

vCash
    Always been overrated.

vCash
    Never understood the hype honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    Always been overrated.
    Not true, when cp3 was in new orleans, Nash was in phoenix and dwill in utah, you could pick either one of those three (though most people argued about cp3 and Nash) but dwill was so important to that team. I don't know if he can come back, watching in last years playoffs Shaun Livingston looked at least 10x better. Injuries are a *****. Maybe a new coach can get him into the right mentality but I doubt it

vCash
    prime williams would have totally changed the outcome of the nets, unfortunately Deron is getting old and his ankles are ****. he and amare should have teamed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    Nope not gonna happen. Deron has the same problem Baron Davis did. All there problems can be traced back to always being to heavy. Which is what leads to all their physical problems.
    I get your point but please don't ever compare someone like Deron to B-Diddy. Baron was more athletic, more skilled, could play in the post, and was an actual scoring threat. Deron is complete trash. The guy can't finish or hit a shot. Deron was just a product of Sloan's system and seriously one of the most overrated PG's ever.

vCash
    Stick the fork in that turkey.......he's done yet he'll still collect a hefty paycheck. Let's see if he comes into training camp pushing 260 lbs.

vCash
    Why would any player who plays the point guard position ever just let their body go to the point they are overweight and end up killing their knees and ankles is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Stick the fork in that turkey.......he's done yet he'll still collect a hefty paycheck. Let's see if he comes into training camp pushing 260 lbs.
    LOL

I shouldn't be laughing (that is pretty harsh)... come on.

vCash
    D-Will considered one of the big names in the league - this is what makes him an average PG. He doesn;t quite live up to his name. If he was just a regular name then he would be a solid PG. But spite of all this it doesn't take away from the fact that he is a chucker. It's do or die w/ him. He can either shoot you into or out of a game. He needs a coach that can discipline him and put him in line. He can't run a much out there - it just doesn't bode well.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Lionel Hollins is his coach.

This is a guy that couldn't handle Avery Johnson.

I'd say with no one to pass to and nothing to play for... He 's right in the middle of his contract with 2 increases on the way...

Joe Johnson also has another 45 mil to collect over the next two... KG is playing for 12 mil with a no trade clause in year 19 at 38 years old going on 39...
    The nets aren't looking to great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Lionel Hollins is his coach.

This is a guy that couldn't handle Avery Johnson.

I'd say with no one to pass to and nothing to play for... He 's right in the middle of his contract with 2 increases on the way...

Joe Johnson also has another 45 mil to collect over the next two... KG is playing for 12 mil with a no trade clause in year 19 at 38 years old going on 39...
    The nets aren't looking to great
    And not to mention they are stuck in Luxury Tax Hell.

vCash
    Deron has merely been serviceable since joining the nets. Flaws every year.

In year 1 (half a year only), he got tons of assists, but his shooting fell to the 30's and his turnovers were sky high.

In year 2, his turnovers improved but his assists also fell back done to 8 or so . Shooting percentage was still low.

Year 3 was pretty much year two, but with tons of injuries. His numbers went down.

Year 4...Shaun Livingston was the starter. Deron was just putrid, though he got a bit better towards the end.

Still, he just doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't have a consistent shot. He can't drive. He doesn't have many moves or mobility.

And doesn't he still have

2014-15
    2015-16
    2016-17

.???

I know joe Johnson has 2 years and think deron has m1 more year.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast