Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Talks!

vCash

Trade Talks!

I read the Reds are interested in Zobrist. Don't tease me media and Jockety. Please get this guy in a reds uni quick!

vCash
    Zobrist would be ideal, because of his ability to play multiple positions and I believe he's a switch hitter. But, he's a perfect fit for just about every team because of those reasons and we're not the only team after him. I'd expect, at the very least, a move for a 1B/OF that can be Votto's replacement when/if he returns.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Dustin Ackley could be a buy low option as well. He's struggled a bit but still has potential and could temporarily replace Phillips, as well as get PT in the OF. While on the Mariners, Nick Franklin could be an option to replace Phillips, if the FO is still looking to do so, now or in the future.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I think we have the guys to keep things in check until Votto and Phillips return. We need a dominate Left Fielder that can hit.

vCash
    Dog. That is Zobrist! He can play every position but pitcher and catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Dog. That is Zobrist! He can play every position but pitcher and catcher.
    That's what makes him a fit for EVERY contender which obviously drives his price up a bit.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    With the deadline approaching, are the Reds sellers now?

vCash
    Probably not but they should be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I think they can sell and still compete. I believe they have enough arms to get them through. But to bring on more payroll is silly and may drastically hurt you in 15. I think Cueto is untouchable.. Latos, Baily, or Leake can be traded and wouldn't bother me a bit.

vCash
    The Reds offense isn't a playoff offense. Even with Votto it isn't. Votto, Frazier, Mes, and a hot Billy aren't enough to put you over the top. I guarantee the Reds won't buy though, because Walt will just say "getting Votto, Phillips, and Hannahan back are better than any trade I can do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I think they can sell and still compete. I believe they have enough arms to get them through. But to bring on more payroll is silly and may drastically hurt you in 15. I think Cueto is untouchable.. Latos, Baily, or Leake can be traded and wouldn't bother me a bit.
    If we trade Latos or Leake I'd want a positional prospect that would be ready for 2015. I'd trade Bailey for a bag of peanuts honestly, that contract is terrible. It sucks to already look forward to 2015, but with the steps forward that Frazier and Mes took our team should be stacked to go along with our pitching.

C: Mesoraco
    1B: Votto
    2B: BP
    SS: Cozart
    3B: Frazier
    LF: ???
    CF: Hamilton
    RF: Bruce

Every player in that lineup is a stud defensively and, at least, pretty good offensively, aside from Cozart. The only thing about Cozart is there are barely any good offensive SS's and he's one of the best, if not the best, defensively. If Votto, Cozart, and Bruce can return to 2013 form and Billy can take even a small step forward that team is scary offensively and that's without even knowing who our LF'er will be.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Code Red... You would give up Bailey for a bag of peanuts? Are they salted? Cause he is worth that>>>>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Code Red... You would give up Bailey for a bag of peanuts? Are they salted? Cause he is worth that>>>>
    Yeah if we can get honey roasted, it's a steal for us.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I still don't understand all the hate for Bailey.

vCash
    To borrow from Daniel Bryan....

"Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell......"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast