Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Oakland Raiders have the best FB in the NFL

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddx39?u...akland-raiders

If we are going to start turning things around this guy has got to be used more in our offense. Every team has to get the ball in the hands of there best players and this guy is one of ours if not our best. So lets go get him the ball. Show everyone how to use a fullback. I have a feeling he could do to the fullback position what Graham has done for the TE position.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Hopefully this year he seems a good amount of touches a game. He can certainly make plays. Blocking is not his strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Hopefully this year he seems a good amount of touches a game. He can certainly make plays. Blocking is not his strength.
    The blocking part is true but I think he will get better at that. He is the best pass catching FB in the NFL and can take over as the primary RB if needed. I have high hope for him going into his prime.

vCash
    Marcel Reece is a playmaker in the passing game. I remember that seem route TD he caught from Carson Palmer on a rope against Denver in 2011. I would like to see him improve his blocking skills and in that sense he isn't a true FB but rather more of an H-back. Great player, first guy on the practice field and last guy to leave type that I wish we had more of.

Nice read, thanks for posting.

vCash
    Well, Schaub likes the TEs and the Texans did a good job of using Garrett Graham, Owen Daniels, and James Casey (poverty version of Reece) in 2012, so hopefully he can bring some of that in the way that Knapp couldn't.

vCash
    This man has not been used properly. His blocking skills need to be better, since, as a FB/TE that should be his primary responsibility. If that's what they want him to be. He's turned into 3rd down/ special situation back. Now that they have DMC and MJD, his touches may be even further reduced. He's a very versatile player, but is that what he's best at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddx39?u...akland-raiders

If we are going to start turning things around this guy has got to be used more in our offense. Every team has to get the ball in the hands of there best players and this guy is one of ours if not our best. So lets go get him the ball. Show everyone how to use a fullback. I have a feeling he could do to the fullback position what Graham has done for the TE position.
    From your mouth to Allen's ears. Since Allen has been our coach Marcel has gotten the.ball less, and less. This has got to change because your right on the money ,Marcel is one of the best offensive weapons in the game period.

Time for Allen to recognize that fact not now ,but right now.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    The coaching staff absolutely must do a better job of incorporating Reece, but I still feel as though the QB play could have factored into missed opportunities that the staff created. Pryor, namely, may have failed in identifying and exploiting advantageous matchups. Even excluding the Jets game in which Reece was given the bulk of carries, he seemed to be incorporated a bit more with McGloin. At the least, it seemed there were more attempts his way in the passing game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    The coaching staff absolutely must do a better job of incorporating Reece, but I still feel as though the QB play could have factored into missed opportunities that the staff created. Pryor, namely, may have failed in identifying and exploiting advantageous matchups. Even excluding the Jets game in which Reece was given the bulk of carries, he seemed to be incorporated a bit more with McGloin. At the least, it seemed there were more attempts his way in the passing game.
    I agree, I think DA wanted to get MR the ball more in games (I recall him saying it often last year), but I believe that the poor QB play was the main factor in not using MR as much. I am hopeful that Schaub will change that.

vCash
    I know there is a lot of talk of him playing TE but it is a huge mistake. He is dangerous in the backfield as a runner and receiver and an ok blocker. Leaving him in for the power run with Rivera at TE to block and occasionally sending him out for a swing pass is not done enough. Id also put him in the backfield in 4 wide sets to pick up a Blitzer or chip and get open under the coverage or run the draw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    I know there is a lot of talk of him playing TE but it is a huge mistake. He is dangerous in the backfield as a runner and receiver and an ok blocker. Leaving him in for the power run with Rivera at TE to block and occasionally sending him out for a swing pass is not done enough. Id also put him in the backfield in 4 wide sets to pick up a Blitzer or chip and get open under the coverage or run the draw.
    I agree only referenced TE as he could change the FB position like Graham did for the TE position. Any time you can get a guy who does his primary job well and gives you another option with pass catching its a bonus. He could be the greatest pass catching FB to ever play the game while his blocking isn't the best and Running is good the pass catching of his can be a game changer. Its hard for a D to cover so many WRs the only problem is it takes a QB capable of running a offense like that. We will see soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Players and coaches don't determine the outcome of the play. The defense does. You take what the defense gives you. Pryor or McGloin went to who they thought was open. Sorry but with very few weapons it was easy to take some of your main threats away,,,, one of them being Reece.

vCash
    I can't agree with that entirely. There are missed opportunities throughout a game. The QB absolutely has influence on the outcome of a passing play through both diagnosis and execution. Matchups can certainly fail to be exploited.

vCash
    This coaching staff is too inept to use him.

He's been the best RB on the roster for two years now and they have failed to use him. Yet they keep talking about wanting to get him more involved, and their inability to do so speaks volumes of their ability to get the best out of their players. He's a Pro Bowl talent and possibly elite game changing player, the only one we have, and we don't use him.

There is no reason why he should not be creating havoc from looks all over the field. The right coach would make him a legend.

vCash
    I really am tired of hearing the Tight End talk for Reece. He wouldn't fair well against DE/LB types if he was on the line with his hand in the dirt. he needs those couple steps and his man to fear the threat of the chip and dump off to him, to operate. It only takes one time in a game, that he gets a big gain, then his man can't try to fly by him, so he doesn't have to be the best blocker out there. Our true smashmouth FB, Olawale, will be in on short yardage runs.

Reggie's Rebuild!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast