Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Long Play: Summer 2015 and 2016

I know everyone is pissed about not signing Stephenson, Isaiah, Monroe etc. But I don't necessarily think this off season has been as disastrous as ya'll are making it out to be.

1- The Lakers are not winning a ring this year with any of those guys mentioned above. Heck, even with Melo or Lebron our chances were shotty.

2- The Lakers need a long term solution at the coaching spot. They've been taking their time which I can understand. This next guy needs to be the culture, the system, and the vision for the next Laker dynasty. Is Scott that guy?

3- The Laker did acquire young assets to build on in Randle and Clarkson. Both look promising.

But the thing that we should all realize is that these moves were made for the long play...summer 2015.

4- Given the current roster, we once again have a lot of players coming off the books next summer.

COMING OFF THE BOOKS SUMMER 2015
    Lin - 8
    Hill - 9
    Nash - 9
    Clarkson - 1
    TOTAL: 27 mil

ON THE BOOKS SUMMER 2015
    Kobe - 25
    Young - 5
    Sacre - 1
    Randle - 3
    TOTAL: 34 mil

Now at this point there's a couple more million here and there that guys might sign multi year deals to. But given the current situation, the Lakers will have AT LEAST 27 million to work with, probably closer to 30-32!!! That's 10 more mil than this year. And more if the cap limit increases.

So going into Summer 2015...
    We will hopefully have...

1- A coach whose established a system, a culture, and a vision for winning. (my pick is Scott)

2- A year of Randle/Clarkson to find out if they can really play...and if they can, they are good attractive young assets for FA.

3- nearly 30 million to spend in FA with topping the list on FA next summer, guys like...

Klay Thompson (G.S. might not want to pay him and match offer sheets)
    Rajon Rondo
    Michael Carter Williams (TO*)
    Damien Lillard (TO* and Pipedream)
    Terrence Ross (QO)
    Bradley Beal (QO)
    Tim Hardaway Jr (QO)
    Victor Oladipo (QO)
    Ben McLemore (QO)
    Jimmy Butler (PO)
    Lebron James (PO)
    Gerald Green
    Tobias Harris (QO)
    Kawhi Leonard (QO)
    Tristan Thompson
    Kenneth Faried
    Tim Duncan
    Paul Millsap
    Brook Lopez (PO)
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Kevin Love
    Marc Gasol
    Nikola Vucevic
    Enes Kanter

etc...

The point is, it's not as hard hitting with Lebron and Melo of this year, but it's a MUCH DEEPER FA Class! Oh and we get the Rockets Draft Pick...probably somewhere in the 20's.

For the last year of Kobe's contract, the starting line up could look like...

Rondo
    Bryant
    Harris
    Randle
    Gasol

or

Lin
    Bryant
    Green
    Randle
    Aldridge

or

Rondo
    Thompson
    Bryant
    Randle
    Vucevic

etc etc etc...

So I know everyone is pissed, but think a little bit more long term because after we get some pieces in summer 2015...THEN YOU GOT SUMMER 2016 when Kobe's 25 mil comes off the books. And then maybe you can land a Durant because the team is ready to win!! And your roster could look like...

Rondo
    Thompson
    Durant
    Randle
    Vucevic

...with Clarkson and Young off the bench!

Now THAT would be a contender! So be patient and let things play out. Stephenson, Isaiah Thomas etc would have strapped us in and made these scenarios unlikely. It's all about building between the next two seasons!

It's the LONG PLAY!
    Source: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...nts-2015-2016/
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Vinyl is coming for you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Vinyl is coming for you
    bring it
    LINSANITY

vCash
    LaMarcus Aldridge already told everyone including Portland's FO that he's signing a 5 year max deal next summer, so you can cross his name off the list.

He wants to be a Blazer for life. No reason he would leave, it's not like the Blazers suck or something.

I'd love to have him on the Lakers though, don't get me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    LaMarcus Aldridge already told everyone including Portland's FO that he's signing a 5 year max deal next summer, so you can cross his name off the list.

He wants to be a Blazer for life. No reason he would leave, it's not like the Blazers suck or something.

I'd love to have him on the Lakers though, don't get me wrong.
    I get that. But first off, things can change. Second, he's not the only guy to build around on that list. Adding Marc Gasol and Klay Thompson next summer would be pretty good moving forward with Randle. The point is, the rebuilding takes time and keeping cap flexibility makes sense to me when you project into next summer and especially summer 2016.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    bring it
    bring it? You aren't worth it... your analysis is garbage ... love Aldridge gasol and Rondo won't even hit FA next summer...

The FO appreciates your sheepdom though

vCash
    did you factor in the new CBA in a couple of years where you can see the cap increase?

The next 2 seasons will be about the Kobe fan fare as well as seeing how Randle and Clarkson develop (Youth Movement isn't a bad thing)

AND for all we know Kobe wants to keep playing if he's healthy so that might mess up the cap - just a thought, too many factors in the next 2 seasons than can effect the team to predict, heck I'm hoping more so for "youth" and drafting players because if you think about "fan support" it's more geared toward the players the Lakers drafted and brought up, Magic, Worthy, Scott ... Kobe. Hoping the tandem of Clarkson and Randle come through as the nice transition and then getting another couple of players to bring up in the draft ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    bring it? You aren't worth it... your analysis is garbage ... love Aldridge gasol and Rondo won't even hit FA next summer...

The FO appreciates your sheepdom though
    ooooh so scary lol
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post
    did you factor in the new CBA in a couple of years where you can see the cap increase?

The next 2 seasons will be about the Kobe fan fare as well as seeing how Randle and Clarkson develop (Youth Movement isn't a bad thing)

AND for all we know Kobe wants to keep playing if he's healthy so that might mess up the cap - just a thought, too many factors in the next 2 seasons than can effect the team to predict, heck I'm hoping more so for "youth" and drafting players because if you think about "fan support" it's more geared toward the players the Lakers drafted and brought up, Magic, Worthy, Scott ... Kobe. Hoping the tandem of Clarkson and Randle come through as the nice transition and then getting another couple of players to bring up in the draft ...
    I mentioned how they might have more room with the cap increase...

Projected 2015-16 is $66.5 with tax level $81.

http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=304
    LINSANITY

vCash
    That is a plan based on nothing except future cap space. The same plan we just tried and whiffed on. So now the 2014 plan is the 2015 plan. If we whiff in 2015 it becomes the 2016 plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post

draft picks? we have 2 #1's of which only 1 is ours in the next three years...

Clarkson? when is he gonna get time? at PG? at SG? where? Do you actually think he is a starter in this league?

I know I know... its a good business decision for the Lakers to play like **** and keep salaries low so we can fantasize about some perfect FA class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    That is a plan based on nothing except future cap space. The same plan we just tried and whiffed on. So now the 2014 plan is the 2015 plan. If we whiff in 2015 it becomes the 2016 plan.
    The point was that there are far more viable FA's next summer then there were this summer. It's a deeper class of FA. And the first thing that needs to be in place is coaching. Without a solid coach who has a system and a vision, no one will want to come.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    close thread

You like Jimbo's dick

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    The point was that there are far more viable FA's next summer then there were this summer. It's a deeper class of FA. And the first thing that needs to be in place is coaching. Without a solid coach who has a system and a vision, no one will want to come.
    OMFG... every GM in the league knows next year FA class is garbage ... yet you think it is better...

unbelievable ... I didn't think I could read anything dumber in this thread than the original post...

thanks for the laughs

vCash
    Lakers plan is always the next summer

I cant believe so many fools fall for it

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast