Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerryd Bayless

vCash

Post Jerryd Bayless

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
    Follow
    ESPN sources say Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal with free-agent guard Jerryd Bayless

11:16 PM - 15 Jul 2014
    Should of just kept Sessions then. Guess have to wait and see what the contract looks like.

vCash
    Rather have Bayless. Bayless can hit the 3's he shoots lol.

I was bummed to see Adrien left for the minimum. I know we have a crowded front court, but he easily outplayed Henson last year and the guy makes mere pennies. Maybe O'Bryant will be our scrappy guy this year.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I'm interested in the deal as well. We obviously have plenty of cap space, but my guess is that this puts us out of the Bledsoe sweepstakes, unless it turns into a sign and trade. Last time I heard, we have pretty much a max of $12 million in cap, assuming we waive Chris Wright's non-guaranteed deal. So even that is probably on the low end of what Bledsoe will be offered, especially with the expected windfall of cash in 2 years when the NBA renegotiates its TV deal.

vCash
    I'm only down for this deal if it doesn't affect our future moving forward. He isn't the guy that has the talent to lead us to NBA Championships. I think our next move is to get a top notch PG, then I think it's just learn and get experience time before we become a great team.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Sports Whispers ‏@SportsWhispers 21h
    The #Bucks deal with Jerryd Bayless should become official very soon

vCash
    In a move that always seemed destined, guard Jerryd Bayless will leave the Boston Celtics after less than a season, according to ESPN.
    Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
    Follow
    ESPN sources say Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal with free-agent guard Jerryd Bayless

11:16 PM - 15 Jul 2014
    When Bayless arrived in Boston via a midseason trade, he spoke openly about wanting to find his first real NBA home. Bouncing around from team to team, he has never had a place to settle down. But even when he said that about the Celtics, he never seemed likely to stay. The biggest reason for targeting him, I suspect, was his contract that expired at the end of the 2013-14 season.

Bayless was still pretty good, averaging 10.1 points with 39.5 percent shooting from deep and moments of carrying the entire Celtics offense. He had bouts with inconsistency, sometimes from quarter to quarter, and I would have preferred fewer dribble fadeaways from the midrange. But for a very imperfect team, he filled a role of shot creation and flashed the ability to man either guard position. Especially on certain nights, he helped.

Next year, Bayless should plenty of chance to play in Milwaukee, and he will probably erupt against the Celtics because that's what he tends to do. Maybe he will find an NBA home one day. Maybe it will be with the Bucks. It just never seemed likely to be in Boston, no matter how well he played.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...cy_rum_17.html

vCash
    I just don't like this signing at all. Takes them out of the running for Bledsoe as a straight signing.

vCash
    What's taking so long on this signing? Its like two days ago? We haven't seen a official report of the actual contract. We read quotes of two years and $6M/$7M.

vCash
    Sessions is better than Bayless. Not sure why they didnt go after Sessions other than the fact that Bayless is like 2 yrs younger..

vCash
    With the crazy contracts tossed around maybe Sessions wants more then $5M per? Or maybe wants a long contract like four years? What's really scary is next summer Knight is RFA. Yeah we have his bird rights and match all offers. But the way average players getting monster deals. Knight be inching close to $7M per or more easily.

vCash
    Ticks me off, had a long post and got a page cant be displayed. Besides it wasn't auto-saved. Well long story short I asked Bayless on twitter if he's a Buck or what? Also seems kinda weird its been close to two weeks and no official announcement. Been two weeks since Stein and Gardner mentioned we were close to a deal with Bayless. Then days later landed Marshall off of waivers. After that haven't heard a peep other then Hammond talking to Ted Davis on the radio saying one last tiny signing. Which I figured it was Bayless. But two weeks to sign a low key free agent?

vCash
    Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 4m
    Jerryd Bayless says the opportunity with the #Bucks was intriguing because of Jason Kidd. Bayless officially signed this morning.

Howie Magner ‏@howiemag 7m
    Notable part of #Bucks Bayless release: "Terms of the contract were not disclosed in accordance with team policy." Don't recall that policy.
    Ted Davis ‏@nbated 8m
    #Bucks have announced the signing of free agent guard Jerryd Bayless. Joins Knight, Wolters, Marshall and Mayo in backcourt.

vCash

vCash
    I like Bayless but we have way to many PG. I cant imagine any minutes for one of Bayless, Wolters, or Marshall.

PG Knight 20/Marshall 15/ Bayless 13
    SG Mayo 26/ Knight 8/ Giannis 14
    SF Giannis 14/Parker 14/ Middleton 20
    PF Parker 16/ Ersan 20/ Henson 12
    C- Sanders 28/ Henson 8/ Zaza 12

That leaves no minutes for Wolters, Delfino, O'Bryant, and Radijilia (sorry for spelling)
    I could still see a Eric Bledsoe sign and trade happening if we give up Knight and Ersan/Mayo

vCash
    I think this definitely hurts Wolters. Bayless will split time between the 1-2 for sure.

Having Marshall at the 1 and Bayless at the 2 coming off the bench will be a great combo (assuming OJ bounces back).

Also whoever said Sessions is better than Bayless, for one would be wrong imo, but also it really depends on what your looking for. Bayless is much better for instant offense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast