Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What would be your Opening Night, Christmas Day and MLK games?

Opening night, usually a double header on TNT.

First game: Tim Duncan and the defending champion San Antonio Spurs receive their rings and raise their banner, as they host LeBron James and the revived Cleveland Cavaliers. Game from San Antonio

Second game: The returning Kobe Bryant and his Los Angeles Lakers host reigning league MVP Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Game from LA

Christmas Day: Usually 5 games from morning to night (in no particular order)

Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat host LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers as LBJ makes his return to Miami. (Christmas in South Beach)

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers host Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets as Dwight and Kobe finally match up for the first time head to head after Dwight's departure from LA. (Christmas in LA)

Tim Duncan and the World Champion San Antonio Spurs host Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks, a rematch of the first round and Texas rivals and the Duncan-Dirk rivalry continues. (Christmas in the champs' home town)

Reigning MVP Kevin Durant and the OKC Thunder host Chris Paul and the LA Clippers, rematch of the 2nd round. (Christmas in OKC)

Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks host Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls from MSG. (Christmas in New York), the team Melo almost went to if he didn't resign with the Knicks.

MLK (3-4 games from morning to night) (in no particular order)

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers host Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers

Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers host Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls (a battle of the point guards)

Kevin Durant and OKC host Timmy and the Spurs (rematch of the WCF)

Paul George and the Pacers host Melo and the Knicks

So those would be mine, what would be yours?

I'M BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

vCash
    What's with all this Lakers talk? They are irrelevant lol

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    What's with all this Lakers talk? They are irrelevant lol
    Kobe will get them the nationally televised games. Once he's gone in 2 yrs from now, then the league can leave them off. Until then, Mamba is box office, and everybody knows it. Even with 6 games played, the Lakers still produced a net profit of $100M because his jersey sales and other KB Laker merchandise were still active and selling. Thank you Kobe Bryant. And on behalf of the small market teams: Thank you Lakers for the increased revenue sharing.

vCash
    Damn quite a lot of Laker games. Not sure if people want to see that. Carmelo vs Chicago isn't that exciting either IMO. The night games have to be a West Coast game btw for TV rating purposes.

How about Houston vs Dallas ?

Clippers vs Warriors ?

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Damn quite a lot of Laker games. Not sure if people want to see that. Carmelo vs Chicago isn't that exciting either IMO. The night games have to be a West Coast game btw for TV rating purposes.

How about Houston vs Dallas ?

Clippers vs Warriors ?
    I like your choices of HOU-DAL and LAC-GSW. 2 very awesome games. But I don't know if they are Christmas, MLK or Opening night worthy. More like your basically weekly TNT Thursday game, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    I like your choices of HOU-DAL and LAC-GSW. 2 very awesome games. But I don't know if they are Christmas, MLK or Opening night worthy. More like your basically weekly TNT Thursday game, no?
    Warriors and Clips played last year on Xmas night. Bunch of ejections and I think there were up there in TV rating records. I think people want to see the warriors and griffin fight. Plus it was a dramatic playoff series that went to 7 games.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    I get that the Lakers are a big team that draws, but they will suck next year. You want the best teams playing on these days

vCash
    Everyone commenting on the lakers instead of posting your own games like the op says. Lol the laker hate is strong. But the lakers are still the popular topic of discussion so maybe prime time games aren't a bad idea.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Comon man. You cannot possibly believe this. The Clippers and Warriors have played the night game on Christmas in 2 of the last 3 years and have drawn MASSIVE ratings as sf-fanatic said above. It's pretty much the most popular H2H right now that the NBA can have. The closest thing to a new, heated rivalry guaranteed to be exciting and dramatic. Heat vs Spurs is now dead. OKC vs Spurs is good but not anywhere near the drama. Lakers have self detonated. Only possible game I can think of at this very moment that may draw more ratings is Cavs vs Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Everyone commenting on the lakers instead of posting your own games like the op says. Lol the laker hate is strong. But the lakers are still the popular topic of discussion so maybe prime time games aren't a bad idea.
    I agree. Some people still like watching them lose by 48 on national TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I agree. Some people still like watching them lose by 48 on national TV.
    I think he's saying that you guys actually come up with your own list like I did. But no, you wouldn't comprehend that, and tbh, I'm not the least bit surprised.

vCash
    I think he's saying that you guys actually come up with your own list like I did. But no, you wouldn't comprehend that, and tbh, I'm not the least bit surprised.
    I was well aware that it's opinion based. I'm still disagreeing with your idea that Clippers-Warriors aren't Christmas game worthy. I don't know any NBA junkie who would find that matchup NOT worthy of X-Mas or MLK. As for the Lakers losing by 48... I was being serious. The Lakers are highly viewed right now because people love watching them get obliterated by 30 by halftime. Since they were on top so long.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-16-2014 at 06:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I was well aware that it's opinion based. I'm still disagreeing with your idea that Clippers-Warriors aren't Christmas game worthy. I don't know any NBA junkie who would find that matchup NOT worthy of X-Mas or MLK. As for the Lakers losing by 48... I was being serious. The Lakers are highly viewed right now because people love watching them get obliterated by 30 by halftime. Since they were on top so long.
    OK, now that you got that off your chest for the upteenth time....

WHAT.....IS......YOUR......LIST for Opening night, Christmas and MLK?

vCash
    OK, now that you got that off your chest for the upteenth time....

WHAT.....IS......YOUR......LIST for Opening night, Christmas and MLK?
    I'm too tired to do all of them. I'll do Christmas.

Christmas:

Cavs vs Heat

Rockets vs Blazers

Clippers vs Warriors

Wizards vs Bulls

Spurs vs Thunder

In no particular time slots, although obviously west coast teams would be later slots.

vCash
    IDK about the games but I am just so relieved that Laker fans now know what it is like to be a Knicks fan. People fail to realize that even when your team blows they are a huge ratings draw. Sorry to the rest of the leagues fan bases, but its the way of the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast