Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

We are better off this year than we were last year

First of all we were too old and slow last year. I know that's not saying much, but I hate the way so many of you are saying this will be the worst season ever. I guess you don't remember the team we had after the Shaq trade with Miami. Jumain Jones ring a bell? Frank Hamblin ring a bell? We couldn't beat anybody last year because we had no quickness and with D'Antoni as our coach we weren't fooling anybody. We were as predictable as hell and the other teams saw us coming. At the very least we have some youth and quickness now. Okay I'll grant you we have no defensive stoppers yet, but give it time we're not done recruiting yet.

These are rental players anyways. Look we got a first rounder from Houston for us taking on an expiring and at the very least Lin will provide some much needed quickness and energy. Dude has great handles and he can be a dead eye from beyond. We made two fine draft picks and some analysts are saying Randle was the best overall player in this year's draft. From what I've seen so far I can't argue with them.

Don't go mourning over Pau either the dude couldn't make a hook shot to save his life anymore and he was so unreliable in the clutch. His best days were long behind him. I wish him well with the Bulls perhaps the change of scenery will do him good, but he was finished here and everybody knows it. Jordan Clarkson could very well be like he said the best guard in the draft we just don't know yet. Did anybody here think that at the beginning of last season that the old and tired Spurs would win it all?

No we're not winning any championships any time soon but we are getting younger and with Kobe you just never know he could make the best of you doubters eat your words. Kobe works harder on his game than anyone and he coaches the other players too. So the fact that he's old isn't so bad, he's valuable to these young rookies because he can help speed up their maturation process. Please stay positive and keep an open mind, every team that wins championships has to go through a little losing before they climb back up to the top again.

If nothing else we will be a lot funner to watch with these younger players and I think I can almost see a pattern here it looks like we're going for players that are better suited to the showtime style of play than the boring half court and I for one would welcome that any day of the week.

vCash
    FREE CROONER

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    First of all we were too old and slow last year. I know that's not saying much, but I hate the way so many of you are saying this will be the worst season ever. I guess you don't remember the team we had after the Shaq trade with Miami. Jumain Jones ring a bell? Frank Hamblin ring a bell? We couldn't beat anybody last year because we had no quickness and with D'Antoni as our coach we weren't fooling anybody. We were as predictable as hell and the other teams saw us coming. At the very least we have some youth and quickness now. Okay I'll grant you we have no defensive stoppers yet, but give it time we're not done recruiting yet.

These are rental players anyways. Look we got a first rounder from Houston for us taking on an expiring and at the very least Lin will provide some much needed quickness and energy. Dude has great handles and he can be a dead eye from beyond. We made two fine draft picks and some analysts are saying Randle was the best overall player in this year's draft. From what I've seen so far I can't argue with them.

Don't go mourning over Pau either the dude couldn't make a hook shot to save his life anymore and he was so unreliable in the clutch. His best days were long behind him. I wish him well with the Bulls perhaps the change of scenery will do him good, but he was finished here and everybody knows it. Jordan Clarkson could very well be like he said the best guard in the draft we just don't know yet. Did anybody here think that at the beginning of last season that the old and tired Spurs would win it all?

No we're not winning any championships any time soon but we are getting younger and with Kobe you just never know he could make the best of you doubters eat your words. Kobe works harder on his game than anyone and he coaches the other players too. So the fact that he's old isn't so bad, he's valuable to these young rookies because he can help speed up their maturation process. Please stay positive and keep an open mind, every team that wins championships has to go through a little losing before they climb back up to the top again.

If nothing else we will be a lot funner to watch with these younger players and I think I can almost see a pattern here it looks like we're going for players that are better suited to the showtime style of play than the boring half court and I for one would welcome that any day of the week.
    We'll see man. I'll keep an open mind about things, will support the players, hope they do the best they can.

But my confidence in the front office...still zero.

Let's see who the coach is first before we start jumping to conclusions on how our team will play etc.

I'M BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch Time View Post
    Can't sleep now, got the whole night to part-ay bud!

I'M BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

vCash
    Saying we'll be better than next year isn't saying much since we were a 27 wins team.

This offseason could have been decent if only the FO would have been competent, we could have landed a promising young core, stephenson, monroe and/or others.

Instead we got this, randle is the only bright spot, but he will not be enough to make the season entertaining.

And now the whole league is signing everybody while we stay inactive watching all our holes not being filled.

F the FO.

vCash
    Kobe and Nash didn't play last season.

We had a young team of early to mid 20s reserves trying to compete. Pau was literally our only player getting substantial minutes over the age of 30.

The old argument doesn't apply to last year IMO.

vCash
    We are definitely better off to tank this year and have the worst or 2nd worst record in the nba yes!!!!

vCash
    10th seed out west. Will cheer for these guys, but they have no chance against the talent in our conference. If Kobe gets hurt, we're by far the worst team in the west.

vCash
    Go away

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    The Lakers are in a really good spot to be back on top really soon. When I say soon I mean 3 to 4 years. And that's with the FO making a few mistakes.

And it's because the Lakers not giving in to fan pressure and start signing the Lowerys, Stephensons and Monroes of the NBA. Why? To use up out cap space on a bunch of players to that will have to play lights out in the play offs just to get to the 2nd round?

When has that been the Lakers way? To shoot for the middle?

You need Superstars to win. Therewere only 2 Superstars in free agency this year (Melo & LBJ) they both decided to stay n go home.

Next year we try again but it most likely ain't gonna happen for 2 summers when Kobe comes off the books. Then the Lakers will have the cap space to land 2 Superstars and another star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    The Lakers are in a really good spot to be back on top really soon. When I say soon I mean 3 to 4 years. And that's with the FO making a few mistakes.

And it's because the Lakers not giving in to fan pressure and start signing the Lowerys, Stephensons and Monroes of the NBA. Why? To use up out cap space on a bunch of players to that will have to play lights out in the play offs just to get to the 2nd round?

You need Superstars to win. Therewere only 2 Superstars in free agency this year (Melo & LBJ) they both decided to stay n go home.

Next year we try again but it most likely ain't gonna happen for 2 summers when Kobe comes off the books. Then the Lakers will have the cap space to land 2 Superstars and another star.
    Some solid points, this is the same front office that has gotten us multiple rings. The Dr. Checked out a decade ago leaving it to the kids and mitch. Like most FO did some good and bad things. LA is not the place to be right now with an aging kobe who hasn't been healthy for two years. I also think it was smart to not sign some of those guys and tie up money. Because your right we have to keep fishing for a super star . Honestly I don't think melo was the guy either, and he'll kobe got the Buss family over a billion he deserved a chunk even if it sets us back a couple more years.
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post

I think people want to sign the players you scoff at in order to attract the very same Superstars you want. If you look at recent history, big time free agents are looking for one of two things: a huge pay day, or a chance to win a Championship. The moronic plan the Lakers are executing (keep sucking just to have cap space every year) doesn't offer big time free agents either. They could always get more money if they stay where they are, or have a better chance at a championship where there is already a good core that only needs to add a Superstar. And please don't tell me about "history" or the "L. A. market". That hasn't net us anything is the past few years.

vCash
    Recent history has shown that superstars want to play with other superstars to have a better shot at a title. The only way you get 2 Superstars is to already have one through the draft and sign or trade for another one. Or you have to sign 2 in the same summer.

On two years the Lakers won't have one too attract another but they can have the money to sign 2 maybe 3 of they stay the course.

And it's not that I scoff at the players I mentioned earlier, it's just the Lakers need to get their superstars 1st then fill their roster w/ similar players on the cheap.

And as far as the Lakers not having been able to attract other superstars is because of Kobe. He doesnt play nice with other superstars. We won't have that problem in 2 years
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 07-16-2014 at 07:53 AM.

vCash

We are better off this year than we were last year

Whatever gets you through the night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Kobe and Nash didn't play last season.

We had a young team of early to mid 20s reserves trying to compete. Pau was literally our only player getting substantial minutes over the age of 30.

The old argument doesn't apply to last year IMO.
    That's what I was thinking.

Stupid coach does apply. Unless they hire dunleavy, we can at least we will have a competent coach.

B Scott getting his 18th interview today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast