Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Price?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urias, Seager and Pederson

0 0%
  • Two of the big 3 + lesser prospects

0 0%
  • One of the big 3 + lesser prospects

1 16.67%
  • A couple of Lee, Windle, Anderson, Reed, Sweeney + lesser prospects

3 50.00%
  • All the above trades are too much in your opinion.

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

You're the GM: David Price

A lot of talk about the Dodgers acquiring David Price

Price would certainly make the team better but, like any acquisition, the cost is really the most important factor.

What would you give up for him?

Seager, Pederson and Urias?
    Two of the above plus lesser prospects?
    One of the above plus lesser prospects?
    None of the above plus a few of: Lee, Anderson, Windle, Sweeney, Reed plus lesser prospects?
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash

You're the GM: David Price

I wouldn't give up much. I'm rolling with what Kasten has already said, put a competitive product on the field now but long term build farm system for sustainability. Getting Price would derail those plans.

vCash
    I'm going to go with all of the above are too much, because I know he's not obtainable without at least 1 of the top tier guys, and I don't want to trade any of those guys.

If we want a big-tier pitcher to add to the fold going forward, I would probably be more-so on the sign Max Scherzer train this off season.
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I'd definitely offer a package of Zach Lee+ a one or two of Sweeney/Reed/Anderson etc.

Not high enough on Price for any of our top 3 prospects though.

vCash
    I don't think we have the prospects to land him any way. Tampa got Wil Myers for James Shields. I think Tampa will be looking to St. Louis for a guy Like Taveras and a pitcher like Martinez.

vCash
    i wouldn't trade anybody for Price. I like our rotation, now if we can trade one of our crappy outfielders and get a reliever/long relief/spot starter out of it, that would be awesome but i believe we can win it all with 2 all star starters, 1 good to great starter, 1 starter with world series experience and is back to form and a #4 starter as a #5 on our team, would be nice to have someone that can spell our #4 and #5 when they look like they need a rest.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102 View Post
    I don't think we have the prospects to land him any way. Tampa got Wil Myers for James Shields. I think Tampa will be looking to St. Louis for a guy Like Taveras and a pitcher like Martinez.
    The dodgers have the prospects, LA has a guy like Tavares, his name is Seager, and Urias is pretty good too. It would cost more than LA would care to give up, but I have no doubt they could get him.

Since last off season, Tampa has been very interested in trading David Price to LA because of these prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    i wouldn't trade anybody for Price. I like our rotation, now if we can trade one of our crappy outfielders and get a reliever/long relief/spot starter out of it, that would be awesome but i believe we can win it all with 2 all star starters, 1 good to great starter, 1 starter with world series experience and is back to form and a #4 starter as a #5 on our team, would be nice to have someone that can spell our #4 and #5 when they look like they need a rest.
    That might be wishful thinking. I believe that rotation can win the division, maybe not finish with the best record.
    What would be most convenient for the dodgers would be the braves winning the East, Milwaukee winning the central S.F wins one of the two wild cards and beats the other wild card team to get in.
    The Angels inexplicably win the West, and the A's lose the wild card game.

Then there is only one team with a better rotation than the dodger's have. That would be ideal, and unlikely.

I would really like to see this team improve for the playoffs.

vCash
    I would give up one of our top guys and fillers in a heart beat. Based on what I've heard I'd rather it not be Seager. But this game is all about winning championships not being just st competitive offer a long time. And what does that mean anyways? Does that mean making the playoffs is good enough? We've been doing that. Enough of just that. Plus I don't think we'll ever NOT be competitive based on Guggs wallet. We're within striking distance and, although another SP isn't all we need obviously, Price gives us an undeniable advantage at the most important position against anybody.

vCash
    Given that Price is under control for '15 I could give up Urias, phenom that he is because we're replacing him directly with a bona fide ace who is in his prime. because of the TJS factor, because of his age (a lot can still go wrong) and because I happen to value home grown position prospects above pitching prospects. There are lots of high upside power arms coming thru these days, a team can restock with these pretty quickly.

You can't as easily find a stud position player in your farm system. Seager looks like he should be an elite 3B and Pederson could easily be an above average CF'er and CF is so key defensively, our OF defense is so poor aside from Puig.

Could we get him for Urias and lesser prospects? maybe trade away a 2B/SS player like Geurrero or Arrebarrena?

Just imagine how tough we would be in the post season with Kershaw, Greinke, Price, Ryu?

The Dodgers can compete every year because of payroll and a good farm system, AND they can go for it and put themselves over the top when the time is right, that time is now, we need to break the hoodoo and win the WS soon. Then multiple ones can follow, see Boston and the Giants.

The Dodgers are not a short window team in the same way one might say the A's could be because their payroll limits who they can keep so they have to keep shuffling the deck, we don't have that problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102:28801377
    Your wrong we definitely have enough and a lot to land him, pederson and urias are at the same level as the players from the cardinals, and it has already been known that the rays like our farm system enough to give up price, I won't give up pederson or urias or seager. I would give them Lee, anderson to start with and other players.

vCash
    Price is going nowhere. I'm a dodger fan. I don't think the rays are gonna trade him. If any team has the prospects to do it, it would be the cards or mariners. But i doubt the rays do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    I'd definitely offer a package of Zach Lee+ a one or two of Sweeney/Reed/Anderson etc.

Not high enough on Price for any of our top 3 prospects though.
    Why even bother offering that, it's so below value it wouldn't worth anyone's time. There is no point in insulting the Rays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Why even bother offering that, it's so below value it wouldn't worth anyone's time. There is no point in insulting the Rays.
    Well,
    1) it's not an insult
    2) you never know how a team values a player. Robbie Ray for Doug Fister.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    I've been saying this for a while, I wouldn't trade for David price because the rays will be wanting the dodgers to completely gut the farm (2 of the top 3 spects and the next 2 best after that). There's only a few players in the MLB I'd gut the farm for and price isn't one of them regardless of how good he is.

Your baby can't do this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast