Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Whats Your WorstCase/BestCase???

Realistically. What do you think this season could be for us? I hear "were gonna suck" , "we should tank" a few "we dont tank".

Wouldnt everybody be happy with a team that competes?

I honestly believe that if we have a healthy Kobe then we have a fighting chance to play at a level that most Laker fans would respect. Now, I dont think we have a championship roster but lets face the facts.

Kobe has two years left. One of the most competitive players ever on a basketball court, will not walk on court every night and not try to win these games, at whatever cost. Whether he has to average 15 assists a game or 30 points a game he will do what it takes to win.

Jeremy Lin is in a contract year. Not only that,he is not just some scrub. Everybody knows about Linsanity. Even last year he played like 75 games and averaged almost 15 and 5 with almost 2 steals playing a little less than 30 mins a game. The guys like 26 years old, he should play maybe 36 mins a game this year and I totally expect him to give us no less than 18pts and 7ast, he will prolly shoot 40% from 3 and hit 85% of his free throws.

Jordan Hill. This guy can rebound and block shots. We seen him score last season, alot off of offensive rebounds, not to many plays were called for his number but I remember a few games where he scored in the 20s many in the mid to high teens. If he plays all season and gives us 12 points and 12 boards a game, 2 or 3 blocks. Thats pretty solid for a starting center.

Julius Randle will have his games. I know its summer league but I see this guys skills and I know you seen them too if you watched as well. Its said that he is one of the 3 favorites to win R.O.Y , ok, well, what if he plays well enough and we play well enough that he does win ROY? What if he comes in and gives us 15-18pts on 60% shooting maybe throw in 10 boards a block a steal 3 or 4 ast. If you dont think this guy can make 6 or 7 baskets a game then I dont know why we drafted him.

I know that alot of this best case scenario depends on the health of these players. But barring injuries, this team should be able to compete. We had a chance to compete last year. We lost like 20 games last year where we were ahead by double digits in the second half,without Kobe. How many people think Kobe could have "willed" us to 15 more wins last season? putting us at 40-42, I do.

I guess my best case would be we make the playoffs, surprise somebody in the first round and go down swinging in the conference semis. I would be happy with that for next year. I dont think we can win it all, but I can imagine a scenario where Kobe shuts up all the haters and non-believers and reminds the world of how great he actually is and how his will to win is like no other.

Worst case. Kobe is out 55 games. Nash is unable to give us 15 solid mins off the bench, Hill misses 30 games Randle has a foot injury and Ryan Kelly is one of our starting forwards.

Say we split the season series with 10 teams from the west next year. Thats 20 wins and 20 losses now say we sweep the season series with 5 teams from the east that would be 30 wins 20 losses and 32 games left, is it too far fetched to say we cant be above 500 in those 32 games say 18 and 14????? thats a 48 win season. Its not just optimism....its actuality.

vCash
    FREE CROONER

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Worst case:

We hire Rambis or Dunleavy.

Kobe gets hurt again.

Best case:

We hire Scott or George Karl.

Stretch Nash and bring Xavier back. Take fliers on Mike Beasley and Andrew Bynum on the cheap. 2 year cheap deals w/team option for 3rd year on all 3 guys if possible.

Hill/Bynum
    Randle/Beasley/R Kelly
    Beasley/Swaggy
    Kobe/Xavier/Swaggy
    Lin/Marshall/Clarkson

I think Beasley is super talented but a huge knucklehead. Maybe, just maybe Kobe can help him grow up and if not it's a low risk high reward thing. Same w/Bynum he was way less of an idiot in LA than he acted in Philly and Cleveland. Xavier is still a young high potential guy and showed some flashes last year. If they don't work out oh well we're in Yolo mode already anyway. If even one of them works out we have a 3rd year cheap option for the post Kobe rebuild and would then have their birds to resign over cap after that key year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zB_#85 View Post
    Worst case:

Kobe gets hurt again.

Best case:

Stretch Nash and bring Xavier back. Take fliers on Mike Beasley and Andrew Bynum on the cheap. 2 year cheap deals w/team option for 3rd year on all 3 guys if possible.

Hill/Bynum
    Randle/Beasley/R Kelly
    Beasley/Swaggy
    Kobe/Xavier/Swaggy
    Lin/Marshall/Clarkson

I think Beasley is super talented but a huge knucklehead. Maybe, just maybe Kobe can help him grow up and if not it's a low risk high reward thing. Same w/Bynum he was way less of an idiot in LA than he acted in Philly and Cleveland. Xavier is still a young high potential guy and showed some flashes last year. If they don't work out oh well we're in Yolo mode already anyway. If even one of them works out we have a 3rd year cheap option for the post Kobe rebuild and would then have their birds to resign over cap after that key year.

Thats a decent team. We should compete. X and Beasley added I like our chances.

vCash
    A season without going for a chip is a wasted year. And especially since kobe has only 2 years left under contract. Maybe he will stick around for year 3 and take vet min but I don't imagine that happening.

Best bet is try for lance is we can. If not maybe stay under the cap so we can bid on some players on the cheap or a few end of their career vets to add some depth. Either that or develop some young players show them off and then trade them for pics before they leave in FA for nothing like bazemore did for example.

Kobe is healthy by all accounts but he did only play what 6 games last year. If he gets hurt again its although unlikely but possible we could get a lottery pick and have to get extremely lucky to get in the top 5. So changes of us having our own pick next year are slim.

The Houston pick is late first rounder probally mid 20s. The 2nd is highly protected 51-55 only and its ours if not its not.

We tried for melo, tried to keep pau, would of gave us a team to possibly make a run this year but things didn't pan out that way.

We need another very good player like Stevenson to be able to make a deep playoff run. A lot depends on kobe's healthy, Jordan hills health, how good lin plays, how good Clarkson plays, and how good randle really is.

We had a good bench last year but let most of that walk for nothing farmer, bazemore, resigning young and j.hill were solid moves although 9mil for high was a little over pay by several mil.

We have our cap flexable but trouble with that is dallas has had cap flexability for a few years now since they won it all and they struck out everytime.

If I was the GM I would go all in on lance, waive and stretch nash opening up 9 mil. give lance a poison pill 2 yr contract with low this year and more next.

I would make sure to sign Xavier henry to vet min.

PG Clarkson/lin/marshal/Deandre kane
    SG kobe / swaggy p
    SF Stevenson/Xavier henry/ la Quinton ross
    PF randle/Kelly
    C j.hill/sacre

Maybe wes Johnson vet min as another option. Think we still would need another big preferable someone that can play both PF and C.

If we plan on trading marshal for a pick have him start and then trade for a high 2nd rounder.

vCash
    The only teams worse than us right now are the bucks, magic, and Sixers. We have a legit shot at getting our pick back

vCash
    Best case is we suck a few more years kobe instead of retiring comes back vet min jim gives owner ship to Jeannie phil comes back home and hopefully have enough talent to try for another chip for kobe.

Best case we finish in top 5 worst records get to keep our first round pick this year. We get a great pick from the rockets 1st rounder and get to keep clippers 2nd rounder in 51-55 range. We have some young players that have break out seasons can play defense, hustle, rebound, give effort daily, have crit and care about winning and take every possession seriously like its the final shot.

Worst case kobe gets hurt, we get 20 wins. All the lakers fans turn into clippers fans.

Best case we get lance make 2nd round playoffs. Worst we role with this squad get 20 wins loose our own pick and strike out again next year in free agency on landing the big fish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomfan View Post
    Thats a decent team. We should compete. X and Beasley added I like our chances.
    Haha yea not bad man . My worst case .
    1.We don't hire B.scott
    2. Kobe shows huge decline
    3.We suffer from injuries again
    My best case
    1. B.Scott gets hired and gels well
    2. Kobe doesn't lose a step from 2 years ago averaging 26 points a game
    3. Lakers make some surprising signings While trading Nash .
    4. Sign Evan turner, Shawn merion or Beasley and Bynum 3 of 3 best case.
    Hill/Bynum/sacre
    Randle/hill/kelly
    Turner/Xavier
    Bryant/swaggy
    Linn/Blake/clarkson
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    7th seed. Heard it here first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zB_#85 View Post
    Worst case:

Kobe gets hurt again.

Best case:

Hill/Bynum
    Randle/Beasley/R Kelly
    Beasley/Swaggy
    Kobe/Xavier/Swaggy
    Lin/Marshall/Clarkson

rambis can't be hired anymore, he's now an assistant coach in NYK, fortunately, but a dunleavy hire wouldn't surprise me

vCash
    1st rd exit

vCash
    Best case is the return of LINSANITY!!!!

vCash
    Worst case is a repeat of last year. Injuries, we suck, 26 wins or whatever, only 5 players and one fouls out, and 7th or 6th pick and we miss out in the draft.

Best case: a ring

Likely best case: 7th seed. We play clips in the first round in the first la vs la playoffs. And it goes 7 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    The only teams worse than us right now are the bucks, magic, and Sixers. We have a legit shot at getting our pick back
    And the good news is that the Cavs won't be in the lottery so they can't jump ahead of us!

vCash
    Worst Case scenario:

KObe plays exactly 10 games before breaking down and being done for basketball , not 9, not 11.
    10 , the exact number that does not allow us to remove his salary from next season salaray cap by retirement.
    We suck but not enough.
    We get the 6th pick and suns get it.
    6th pick becomes Jordans second coming.

Thats the worst case scenario.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast