Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

murphy only thread

Ok, here we are coming up on the traded dead line and I still don't know what Murphy's worth really is. Be it 1 for 1 or in a package I just don't know. He plays a good 2b and just hits and hits. We all know he is about to make a lot of money and we know the mets budgetary constraints. We also know flores can man 2d until Herrera is ready, prolly sometime next year. So what do we do? Let it be known I love murph but I love the mets more.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Are,the Mets a better team with or without Daniel Murphy? I say with.

Keep em.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Are,the Mets a better team with or without Daniel Murphy? I say with.

Keep em.
    Aye! Doesn't get more simple...

Murphy is a great guy and a great ball player. Unless he's being moved for something bigger and better, keep him.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    For how long? With Herrera coming soon are u sure he's a good fit for the long term? I'm not. Again, does the money mean the mets will look trade him? A lot of questions to concider.

vCash
    All depends on what they can get
    I like Murph, but if we can get a ss or lf I wouldn't mind putting Flores at second, giving him regular at bats.
    Again, only for a real good return, if not keep him for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack:28800720
    For how long? With Herrera coming soon are u sure he's a good fit for the long term? I'm not. Again, does the money mean the mets will look trade him? A lot of questions to concider.
    At what f ing point do you f ing start trying to win f ing baseball games now?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 07-16-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prokywoodywilps:28800779
    All depends on what they can get
    I like Murph, but if we can get a ss or lf I wouldn't mind putting Flores at second, giving him regular at bats.
    Again, only for a real good return, if not keep him for sure.
    So all youre doing is replacing one good bat for another. Thats the equivalent of spinning ur wheels. The idea is to add talent, not replace it.

vCash

murphy only thread

I like Murphy, Murphy is a good person, Murphy plays good baseball.

Keep him, use Herrera for a package instead. No point in trying to be competitive while simultaneously trading possibly your best hitter.

vCash
    At what f ing point do you f ing start trying to win f ing baseball games now?

Wow, love the passion bro. I'm just trying to think like met brass. If Herrera brings back what we need so be it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I like Murphy, Murphy is a good person, Murphy plays good baseball.

Keep him, use Herrera for a package instead. No point in trying to be competitive while simultaneously trading possibly your best hitter.
    Murphy is definitely not our best hitter. Duda, Granderson, and Wright have all been better up to this point.

Herrera is almost 10 years younger than Murphy. I would be hard-pressed to deal him honestly, unless it was in a big deal. I think this time next season might be a better time to deal Murphy though.

vCash
    I think we should keep him. I am sure we get a home town discount. He is doing everything asked of him. He is only a positive for the team, in terms of offense and clubhouse. He's in his prime and we could probably do a three/four year deal....

its time to start spending not tearing down. We can build around him as part of the core - perceived defensive shortcomings and all. We can win it all with him on the team for sure.

He's also home grown and wants to be here... not a combination you see a lot. Gammer/Keeper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Ok, here we are coming up on the traded dead line and I still don't know what Murphy's worth really is. Be it 1 for 1 or in a package I just don't know. He plays a good 2b and just hits and hits. We all know he is about to make a lot of money and we know the mets budgetary constraints. We also know flores can man 2d until Herrera is ready, prolly sometime next year. So what do we do? Let it be known I love murph but I love the mets more.
    Murphy is under control for one more year. He doesn't become a FA until after the 2015 season. He'll get a $olid bump next season, but it wont put the Mets out of business and Alderson won't object to a one-year contract. No need or rush to trade him now. The real question is 2016+
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Have to keep him, this team is bad enough offensively, why would we trade one of our best bats. Plus I don't see anyone giving up that much for him.

vCash
    And this why I hate these conversations. No one has any idea who is willing to give up what for whom.

Everyone is tradeable including David Wright and a healthy, top-of-game Matt Harvey.

vCash
    So all youre doing is replacing one good bat for another. Thats the equivalent of spinning ur wheels. The idea is to add talent, not replace it.
    You are correct, my hope is that Flores or Herrera can take over second, and whoever we get at ss or lf is a significant upgrade over what we have.
    Would only trade him if someone good is coming back.
    We don't seem to have any ss or lf in the system that is almost ready.
    I am not a Tejada guy, don't think much of him.

I love Murph, want him to stay, but I love the Mets more, and if they can use him to get better I'm all for it.
    I don't want a lateral move either

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast