Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How much do you pay attention to training camp?

Just wondering how much people care these days, with the rise of Twitter it's certainly a bigger deal than in the past.

vCash
    KFAN (local sports talk station) has guys out there pretty much every day, so I listen to that quite often. I wouldn't say I care that much, but the speculation that goes with it is fun. Especially this year with Cassel vs. Bridgewater already a hot competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    KFAN (local sports talk station) has guys out there pretty much every day, so I listen to that quite often. I wouldn't say I care that much, but the speculation that goes with it is fun. Especially this year with Cassel vs. Bridgewater already a hot competition.
    What's the scuttlebutt on that so far?

vCash
    I try and read everything I can about that day's practice. Also watch the videos. I think I'm obsessed because it gives me something to do since baseball doesn't grab my attention anymore.

vCash

How much do you pay attention to training camp?

Read pretty much everything the Niners beat writers post. Don't really look too much into roster battles and stuff until I see the first preseason game though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    I try and read everything I can about that day's practice. Also watch the videos. I think I'm obsessed because it gives me something to do since baseball doesn't grab my attention anymore.

There's hardly ever any video for the packers it seems. Bums me out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There's hardly ever any video for the packers it seems. Bums me out.
    Two and a half weeks until HOF game, omg I can't wait.

vCash
    Nobody really knows. Cassel has the veteran presence, but Bridgewater has been blowing everyone away in OTA's and minicamps so far, both on and off the playing field (dude studies his *** off; the story in rookie minicamp was that he would grab other players in the hallways and ask them to run through some of the plays with him). As long as he doesn't self-destruct in the preseason, I think it's Teddy's job to lose.

vCash
    Two and a half weeks until HOF game, omg I can't wait.
    Lol. The preseason has bored me the last two years, my team I mean, not sure why. But this year I'm slightly more excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    Nobody really knows. Cassel has the veteran presence, but Bridgewater has been blowing everyone away in OTA's and minicamps so far, both on and off the playing field (dude studies his *** off; the story in rookie minicamp was that he would grab other players in the hallways and ask them to run through some of the plays with him). As long as he doesn't self-destruct in the preseason, I think it's Teddy's job to lose.
    I was so sure he was going to start right away wherever he went. I still think so.

I think he dropped because teams thought he was too aloof. It's why when those rankings of QBs came out and everyone cried about Luck being so high. I think those guys put more into personality than ever use could imagine. I know Ted Thompson does.

vCash
    Lol. The preseason has bored me the last two years, my team I mean, not sure why. But this year I'm slightly more excited.
    The feeling of seeing your first team offense and defense on the field after a 7 month layoff is awesome IMO. Even if it's just for a series or two, i love knowing football is back.

vCash
    The feeling of seeing your first team offense and defense on the field after a 7 month layoff is awesome IMO. Even if it's just for a series or two, i love knowing football is back.
    I'm usually the one obsessed with the backend, I don't care about the first team since I know they barely care and they could look great/terrible and opposite in a real game. The low end guys get me excited. Last year I guess I just didn't care about any of them. lol

vCash
    Webcam when it's live and the 3 hour local radio show here in the morning although the radio coverage is probably going to start a day late since the one i listen to starts at 7 AM.

vCash
    I'm usually the one obsessed with the backend, I don't care about the first team since I know they barely care and they could look great/terrible and opposite in a real game. The low end guys get me excited. Last year I guess I just didn't care about any of them. lol
    Well yea watching guys battle it out is the best but say in your case, seeing Rodgers take the field...it's like Christmas morning lol.

NFL network was replaying hard knocks, even that is making me itch.

vCash
    Insider sources say Cassel is the current starter. They don't want to rush Teddy onto the field and they are concerned about durability so him having time to bulk up is a positive with that.

That being said, when preseason rolls around I can't see Cassel legitimately being a better product on the field. He may win the starting job, but I don't think it was a real competition if that happened. Cassel is a terrible QB, if Teddy can't beat that I'll be kind of disappointed..

OT:

Go every year since I live in the town. Most years are pretty bleh but with a new QB in town it's always interesting to go to. The scrimmages should be exciting. I think this year is especially exciting because it seems like the low-end players on offense are getting a lot of recognition and Teddy is upping their game. Adam Thielen is a guy I'm looking out for.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 07-15-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast