Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Putting a virtual strike zone on the TV broadcasts, like the yellow first down line

Wouldnt this be a good idea, and make watching the game more better?

a 3 dimensional rectangle above the plate that would encapsulate the strike zone?

vCash
    I don't like it. For me, it's distracting. I want less stuff on the screen, not more. I understand why some people would want it, but I don't like it personally. If anything, put the strike zone box on the right side of the screen. A virtual strike zone on the plate wouldn't look nice, I think.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    On replays, sure. Live? It'd block the view of the catcher and interfere with seeing the actual hits, I'd think.

vCash
    very rarely they will use it on replays, but very rarely and i think i have only seen it used on FOX and not comcast sports net

putting the strike zone box on the right side of the screen.... like a smaller picture off to the side of the screen? (side-by-side, picture-in-picture) i like that idea

the camera angle that is used during games is off to the right side of the pitcher and its very difficult to see if the ball actually goes over the plate or not because the viewing angle is skewed.

vCash
    I think it would just be a distraction. You can more or less tell if it's a ball or a strike most the time anyway. If it's close have a strike zone on the replay.

vCash
    Na You should be able to tell whats a strike and whats not. The sox broadcast has the amica strike zone and I hate it.

vCash
    You mean like the one they have on ESPN sometimes? I would love it.

vCash

Putting a virtual strike zone on the TV broadcasts, like the yellow first down line

I don't care for it. Not something that I'm a big fan of.

vCash
    Less graphics on the screen please. Dont see the need unless balls and strikes are called by technology as well.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I hope we soon get to a point where the viewer can turn a virtual strike zone on/off whenever they want. It can't be too difficult for mlb.tv to implement that.

vCash
    of what benefit would it be?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I think it was tbs or someone else, who would have a little pitch tracker graphic off to the side with all the pitch locations in each AB with numbers on the balls denoting which were the 1st, 2nd, etc., pitches. I loved that, and would love to see something like that become standard on all broadcasts. It was small enough to not be intrusive, and getting to see the approach pitchers were taking for each hitter was really interesting. I don't have a great memory so seeing a visual representation of the sequence of pitches was great.

I don't want some graphic overlaid onto the catcher however, that would hurt the viewing experience for me significantly.

vCash
    If it's very faint or just a outline like a clear one I'd like it

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    If anything, put it on the right side of the screen, not over the actual strike zone. Most baseball fans can see if it's a strike or ball and adding the strike zone would just be annoying.

vCash
    So you get to watch a baseball game with a rectangle on the screen? Yuck. Plus "more better" sounds horrible. I'm not a grammar nazi usually but man is that hard to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast