Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Expectations for Next Season

I think the Knicks have the potential to be a championship contender. Two years, the Knicks won 54 games and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I can't see why they can't return there this season.

For the Knicks to do better, we need Amare Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnini to be healthy and be a strong presences in the middle with Samuel Dalembart. Last year, the duo of Bargs and Stoudemire proved to be strong. If they can stay healthy, I can't see why the Knicks can't get the championship round or even the Finals if our big men play well. We all know those are 2 BIG IFs.

Thoughts?

vCash

If everything goes right in terms of health which is a big if I would say that ECF berth is realistic

vCash
    I think Phil, Fisher and the Triangle are going to cut up the competition.

I predict 50-55 wins. Then the playoffs becomes a game of matchups, health and luck.

vCash
    We don't have the D to be a contender but I think we will be closer to 2013 than 2014. In the East we can make a run to the ECF. I understand its summer league, but if our real squad can show half the togetherness and triangle-domination these guys are showing under the leadership of Phish, great things lie ahead.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Anything under 72 wins is a disappointment
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    7th seed 47 wins. We will be a dark house in the playoffs since the triangle is built for the playoffs
    "I'm an artist.

Dolan focusing on his music career is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in 15 years.

vCash
    I'm always optimistic. I don't want to say a win amount, or where we will finish seed wise, I thought we could finish first this past season and boy was I wrong. I'm just optimistic I think we can be really good. I believe in Phil, when this dude speaks it's like Michael Jackson moonwalking in your ears. It could just be that it's Phil, idk but I didn't understand the big deal regarding the gm talking or not talking to the media but I see the positive impact it can have on the fanbase

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    7th seed 47 wins. We will be a dark house in the playoffs since the triangle is built for the playoffs
    I think if we get 47 wins we will be higher then the 7th seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    I think if we get 47 wins we will be higher then the 7th seed
    I'll tell you this. The East as a whole got a lot better this year. There isn't that one great team but a ton of good teams. 1-11 have a shot for a playoff spot and even the lottery teams won't be easy from this deep draft class. I just think the triangle alone improves our team
    "I'm an artist.

Dolan focusing on his music career is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in 15 years.

vCash

^ Ya I know that but still in the east I believe 47 wins gets u atleast a 5th seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post

Yeah I think 47 wins would win the Atlantic getting us atleast the 4th seed. 48 wins won it last year I believe.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I think we were gonna win the Atlantic division.

The Celtics and Sixers are rebuilding and the Nets are crumbling... Lionel Hollins is too strong a coach for Williams who couldn't handle Avery Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We don't have the D to be a contender but I think we will be closer to 2013 than 2014. In the East we can make a run to the ECF. I understand its summer league, but if our real squad can show half the togetherness and triangle-domination these guys are showing under the leadership of Phish, great things lie ahead.
    Ha Ha.... I love that "Phish" reference. I think bad coaching lost us at least 10 games last season which would have put us at 47 wins not including Tyson's broken leg, Felton's broken hand and heart, Jr-Shump-Amare's combined knee sugeries and Bargnani's failed tomahawk dunk which led to him out for the season. We didn't get any momentum until the end of the season and by then it was too late.

With the Phish system in place, there will always be ball movement like there was in 2013 when Kidd was running point. Calderon is a ball mover and pusher like Kidd was and he is in his prime still. I can't remember the last time we had a good pg in his prime. Maybe Starbury but he had absolutely NO talent around him.

The Phish system has resulted in 11 championships so it must be something special and if you watched how the SL guys cut and slashed and got open looks from that system, guys like Melo, Jr., Amare, Bargs, THJ, Larkin, Early, Shump and even Thanasis if he sticks will thrive.

People keep talking about how bad our D is but we actually have better defenders on this young roster than we had last year and maybe even in the 54 win season.

I say Knicks finish 3rd in the East, 1st in the Atlantic.

1.Pacers
    2.Cavs
    3.Knicks
    4.Miami
    5.Bulls
    6.Wizards
    7.Raptors
    8.Brooklyn

This is how I see the East this year barring no major injuries or big trades.......

We have a shot at the Finals.
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash

We have no shot at a title this year. Our defense just isn't championship level yet and our roster is still missing some key championship components. We are ticking upwards tho and by next summer , we'll see if we can get some big name guys to come here. Then and only then can we even talk about titles

vCash
    People are really underestimating Washington.

They lost Ariza, but they gained Pierce and Humphries. Plus Wall and Beal will be another year better.

I think Wizards finish top 4 in the East.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast