Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

I'm interested in becoming a Cavs fan

I'm a Warriors fan right now but I'm having a tough time seeing that our management is interested in anything but making more $$$. This obviously doesn't sit well with me, and shouldn't sit well with any fan of the game. So I'm putting my feelers out for a new team and have interest in Cleveland (always have tbh).

What can you tell me about the franchise that shows it's good character (or bad), and why I should switch (forget the LBJ and player stuff, I got that down obvi).

Thanks,

--Spanklin

vCash
    Outside of the players something that I think you can latch on to is the fan base. Cleveland sports fans are crazy passionate sometimes to a fault, but you won't ever see us leaving early in playoff game etc. I really like the new GM Griffin and even though Dan Gilbert has his faults he will do anything to win and has proven that. Money is not an issue with that guy which is huge for a mid market franchise in a cold weather town.

I also think the new coach Blatt is going to be very interesting to watch as the first Euro coach to come over to the NBA as a head coach.

Cleveland City of Wonder City of Lights.
    @burnriversports on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanklin View Post
    I'm a Warriors fan right now but I'm having a tough time seeing that our management is interested in anything but making more $$$. This obviously doesn't sit well with me, and shouldn't sit well with any fan of the game. So I'm putting my feelers out for a new team and have interest in Cleveland (always have tbh).

What can you tell me about the franchise that shows it's good character (or bad), and why I should switch (forget the LBJ and player stuff, I got that down obvi).

Thanks,

--Spanklin
    This is sarcasm...so, please don't be offended...

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE FANS, look at what has happened to our forums since LeBron has come back!!! The crazy number of idiotic posts has increased exponentially!!!

vCash
    Welcome to Cavs Nation!

vCash
    Well, the Lakers suck, and so want to be a fan of a winning organization. Can I join the bandwagon too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Well, the Lakers suck, and so want to be a fan of a winning organization. Can I join the bandwagon too?
    You are already saying "WE" on other threads in regards to what the Cavs should do so I guess you are already on.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Welcome P&GRealist!

vCash
    You may hop on the bandwagon, but I think it's a misuse of the term to call yourself a fan. Fan is short for fanatic. Fans live and die with their team. Fans suffer through the bad season without ceasing to be a fan.

Cleveland sports fans are REAL fans and, to the OP, are the real reason to become a Cleveland sports fan. You know that your brothers and sisters are beside you during those long, cold, lean years. Even if you don't always agree with one another, or like one another, you know, with a sideways glance and a knowing nod, that the person you're looking at is a Cleveland (insert team name here) fan.