Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Roster Speculation Thread XV

Yea yea yea

Guys we are at a record pace with these threads, keep it up!
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    What we have is what we have for the most part now. Could add a couple of vets at the min but knowing the HEAT it will just be bringing back guys like Shard and Jones.

vCash
    Boozers official been amnestied.. Now just a waiting game to see if he clears..

vCash
    In case anyone cares about the final numbers on the HEAT books... they will look basically like this (There are some approximations included but all numbers are close).

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfDaNorth View Post
    Boozers official been amnestied.. Now just a waiting game to see if he clears..
    Not a chance. There are plenty of teams that have cap space and need talent and it won't take more than a 1.4M bid to get a chance. I would be very very very suprised. HEAT's only chance was preserving some cap space and trading Cole to leave room for a 4-5M bid IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    In case anyone cares about the final numbers on the HEAT books... they will look basically like this (There are some approximations included but all numbers are close).

Not a chance. There are plenty of teams that have cap space and need talent and it won't take more than a 1.4M bid to get a chance. I would be very very very suprised. HEAT's only chance was preserving some cap space and trading Cole to leave room for a 4-5M bid IMO.
    Must have misunderstood the amnesty rules. Thought it a team made a bid, they would be getting him at his 16 mill dollar deal.

vCash
    A team is allowed to waive one player without having the remaining portion of the contract count towards the salary cap and/or luxury tax.

Teams can bid on a player that has been amnestied. They are allowed to bid by only what space they have under the cap. The highest bid claims the player and the team that placed the player on waivers via amnesty is required to pay the remaining portion of the salary (not counted against the cap).

Example: Player A is waived from Team A via the amnesty clause and has $12 million owed. If Team B bids $2 million and Team C bids $4 million, Team C would claim Player A off waivers for the $4 million. Team A would be required to pay $8 million to Player A, but does not count against the cap.
    Its not like regular waivers where they have to claim the entire contract....they only have to take on as much of it as they are willing to take on. Unless Boozer makes it known that he intends to hold out from any team that takes him he is not going to go unclaimed.

vCash
    Our current roster (based strictly on position not depth chart)

PG: Mario Chalmers/ Norris Cole/ Shabazz Napier
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    SF: Luol Deng/ Danny Granger/ James Ennis
    PF: Chris Bosh/ Josh McRoberts/ Udonis Haslem
    C: Chris Andersen/ Justin Hamilton

I would love it if somehow we could trade Mario Chalmers for a C. I dont see that happening, but I see us bringing 15 strong into the season and here are my final 3 spots.

Carlos Boozer I think it will be between us and NYK for Boozer. He would help take the rebounding load off Bosh, and although Bosh would still be the starting Center, it would give us a formidable starting front court, with McBob coming off the bench.

Michael Beasley This organization has always really liked Beasley and his scoring ability. The only reason we let him get away is because we knew we were getting LBJ. Now we need scoring off the bench, and Beasley will likely get a boost of playing time this year because of his ability to do that. With Ennis likely seeing time as the backup 2, look for Beasley to compete with Granger for PT behind Deng.

Tyler Johnson This kid deserves a roster spot after what he is doing in the summer league. He is just a solid all around player who makes solid plays and hardly makes mistakes. He's a minimum player with high upside which is something we need. If Wade has to take some nights off it will be a good chance to showcase Ennis in the starting lineup and Johnson a chance to come off the bench. If they cant stick, we move on to the next one. But we are in a reloading phase, and young kids with potential deserve a shot. Can't keep adding aging players forever.

vCash
    We could bid according to Ira Winderman

Also Mike Miller to the Cavs

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post

I would love it if somehow we could trade Mario Chalmers for a C. I dont see that happening, but I see us bringing 15 strong into the season and here are my final 3 spots.

Carlos Boozer I think it will be between us and NYK for Boozer. He would help take the rebounding load off Bosh, and although Bosh would still be the starting Center, it would give us a formidable starting front court, with McBob coming off the bench.

Michael Beasley This organization has always really liked Beasley and his scoring ability. The only reason we let him get away is because we knew we were getting LBJ. Now we need scoring off the bench, and Beasley will likely get a boost of playing time this year because of his ability to do that. With Ennis likely seeing time as the backup 2, look for Beasley to compete with Granger for PT behind Deng.

Tyler Johnson This kid deserves a roster spot after what he is doing in the summer league. He is just a solid all around player who makes solid plays and hardly makes mistakes. He's a minimum player with high upside which is something we need. If Wade has to take some nights off it will be a good chance to showcase Ennis in the starting lineup and Johnson a chance to come off the bench. If they cant stick, we move on to the next one. But we are in a reloading phase, and young kids with potential deserve a shot. Can't keep adding aging players forever.
    I wouldn't mind those 3 pick ups

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwd27 View Post
    We could bid according to Ira Winderman

Also Mike Miller to the Cavs
    Ira is incorrect based on all of the numbers I have run. We have formalized most of the deals or have min-cap holds eating some space. There just isn't room under the cap for a bid... certainly not a strong bid.

vCash
    Darn, Mike Miller signed with the Cavs, I hope Ray doesn't sign with them too, that would be too weird to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post

Here are three names for you: Emeka Okafor (Make good one-year deal to prove he is healthy), Patrick Young, and Tyler Johnson. Beasley will not get any run with the glut of SF and PF we have. Boozer is not going to happen. If not Emeka Okafor I would be interested in bringing back Greg Oden for some run.

vCash
    Yeah, seems Haslem is getting that Room MLE, so there is nothing other than the veteran minimum we can bid.

Seriously though... Boozer is not the ideal fit for this team even though he would be an absolute steal for the minimum, or even $2.7M. I would rather Ed Davis over Carlos Boozer. We need young guys with a defensive disposition: hard trapping on screen and rolls, good help defense, anticipation of skip passes, and closing out to open shooters. Those are all the things Boozer is terrible at, yet the team needs, LOL.

But anybody have any rumors who will be targeted for the last 2 spots for the minimum, if not summer league guys?

vCash
    Davis is an interesting name BUT, I am sure someone will give him some money just on potential. Would be a nice signing though. I am on the Pat Young band wagon... You just don't find many bigs that can move like he can. He would be a defense force for us and is atheltic enough to finish around the rim. I'd even consider starting him at center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yeah, seems Haslem is getting that Room MLE, so there is nothing other than the veteran minimum we can bid.

Seriously though... Boozer is not the ideal fit for this team even though he would be an absolute steal for the minimum, or even $2.7M. I would rather Ed Davis over Carlos Boozer. We need young guys with a defensive disposition: hard trapping on screen and rolls, good help defense, anticipation of skip passes, and closing out to open shooters. Those are all the things Boozer is terrible at, yet the team needs, LOL.

But anybody have any rumors who will be targeted for the last 2 spots for the minimum, if not summer league guys?
    Like I've said for a couple days I'll be extremely shocked if this isn't our team opening night..

Chalmers/Cole/Napier
    Wade/Ennis/Jones
    Deng/Granger/Beasley
    Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
    Birdman/Oden/Hamilton

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast