Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Landry Fields 2.0

When we drafted him and he performed above expectations we all loved him until he started to settle in. How many games did we watch when Fields gave us absolutely nothing? Games when we lost by 5, when even a few points could have made the difference. There's another Fields on our team and I'm tired of waiting for his potential, tired of losing close games because this person gives us absolutely nothing.

And I'm sorry brothers but it needs to be said....

SHUMPERT!

And I don't want to hear about his defense anymore because Wade and several others lit his *** up last year. Offensively he's exactly that....offensive. Yet we continue to give him a pass based on his defensive potential. We could have made the playoffs last year if he could have given us something...anything, but he didn't. As soon as trade rumors surfaced he tanked. He's thin skinned and not made for the media circus here. A measley 10 ppg could have helped us.

Its been 3 full seasons and he's a career 7.7 ppg from a SG spot? 39% shooting? And as far as his defense goes he averaged 1.3 steals yet he also averages 1.3 TOs (career) so as far as im concerned that's a wash. How much longer are we gonna keep giving Shump a pass? He's not developing and if he couldn't become a better shooter under No D D'antoni then when is he ever?

And while Hardaway isn't as good defensively (sarcasm) he's already a 10.2 ppg scorer as a rookie on 42% shooting, 82%+ from the line. And he's currently lighting up the summer league.

So in my opinion the answer to our glut of guards is simple...trade Fields 2.0! Give Hardaway his minutes. We need bigs who can rebound, trade him for JJ Hickson. And find a way to get Reggie Evans. Or package him and JR for Lance.

I'm sorry brothers, I know a lot of you love Shumpert but it's time we see results and it just aint happening for Shump.

/Puts on Flameproof coat

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6468/iman-shumpert

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2...im-hardaway-jr.
    Last edited by Bornknick73; 07-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    And for Christ sake someone get me a new sig plz!

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornknick73 View Post
    And for Christ sake someone get me a new sig plz!

He's a good start

vCash
    Man...I'm with you...I've been up her saying for two yrs that shump is a bum... And if there are teams out the simply fooled by what they can potentially get and they're willing to give up a B tier player or 1st round pick for him ..then do it now before teams start to realize he's Lavor Postell 2.0....

vCash
    i dunno, doesn't make sense to trade him at such low value. why not see what he can do with some proper ball movement and coaching. i am not a fan of selling low on a guy who has shown flashes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    i dunno, doesn't make sense to trade him at such low value. why not see what he can do with some proper ball movement and coaching. i am not a fan of selling low on a guy who has shown flashes.
    I agree with this, if he plays well, trade him at the deadline if they wish . Get max value for him

vCash
    I like Fields. Heady player with smart D, very good passer, slasher and high flyer. Of course he sucks when you park him in the corner and ask him to be Ray Allen.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Id prefer to see what Phish can turn Shump into before sending him packing for peanuts.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    10.2 pts 1.5 reb .8 ast .1 Blk .5 stls
    9.5pts 3.2reb 2.8 ast .1 blk 1.7 stls

hmm which rookie numbers would I prefer?? which one would I think is a more complete player?

Shumpert has had injuries and a horrible coach for last few years.....give the kid a break..lets see what he can do in a real system, which will allow him to use his athletic ability on both ends of the court and not have to just shoot 3's...and try and make up for others weaknesses in that lousy switching D we did....

If he fails this year, then yes...maybe it is time to move on...

and yes those numbers are THjr(everyone thinks he is the real deal) on top and Shumps rookie year on bottom...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Id prefer to see what Phish can turn Shump into before sending him packing for peanuts.
    This.

Now obviously, I'm a big fan of Shump (sig), so I believe in him. And the comparison to Fields is completely off base IMO. Fields came in with a limited skill set to begin with and he just overachieved with us. I think it's the opposite with Shumpert. I guess people also easily forget that he came off a torn ACL and Lateral Meniscus in April 2012. It takes about 7-9 months to return to competitive sports form torn ACLs. But for many, it takes at least one year on top of that for the athlete to return to full form, if not a a littler longer. Which would put at us at around January 2014. Compile that with the fact that he was a rookie when the injury occurred (stunting his development), was in a terrible system last year, hated the coach (and the feeling seemed mutual), didn't want to play for him.

And in case you also don't know, he is from Chi-town, so he looks up to Phil presence and is now gonna be playing for him. So he will definitely be motivated. shumpert played great the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season because of the Phil news as well as knowing that Woodson would not be back to further stunt his growth. But all of that is neither here nor there.

My main contention is, why are you so opposed to giving him a chance under a new coach, system, philosophy and dare I say regime? Especially when the 2 guard next to Calderon has to be a good defender. Honestly, if Timmy was the starting 2 at this point, with the way he plays D, we're in trouble.

With a new staff that clearly believes in him, if you've read between the lines and heard what Fish and Jackson both have had to say about him. Other teams clearly value him highly, even after two subpar injuries and Phil still did not want to trade him. That should signify something.

So give Shumpert half the year to see what he's worth. If he plays well and makes progress, it'll be up the FO whether they want to keep him or not. If he sucks or if they determine they want to trade him/don't want to pay him, then ship him out and get a return. I think you'll still be able to get a first round pick for him, like the Thunder offered last year. Whether you like Shumpert or not, that's the best thing the organization can do right now. Simple as that.
    Last edited by k3n2s1; 07-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Love me some shumps... that's our boy right thurr.. I'm a homer when it comes to him.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-for-ny-knicks

Everyone doesn't have to score. Tony allen makes a pretty good salary.

"Shoot 3s at a league-avg level, and stop the team from going 1-8 when he's out of the lineup. Rebound at a top-five level for a guard, defend better than any other wing on the roster. Team lost five straight without him, and opposing wings set 5 season-highs in that span he was out. People oddly focus on just his scoring, when Hardaway does literally nothing but score."

" Shumpert posted the team's second-highest net rating, only to Carmelo Anthony, according to 82games.com."

I can't even find some of the other articles that prove shumps value statistically, like during period of games he's missed when the Knicks went 1-8, opposing wing players had season highs in 5 of those games. The team is plus 12 points per 100 possessions when he plays, just because he isn't scoring him self doesn't mean the team isn't producing at a higher rate.
    Last edited by quartz; 07-15-2014 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Love me some shumps... that's our boy right thurr.. I'm a homer when it comes to him.
    Then you'll like this article about him Kash

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles...with-Oak-Park/

vCash
    The other thing. For all the people who love THJr (which I do too), but have had enough of Shump and want to see him go...don't you think you're being extremely hypocritical. Especially given the fact that Shump had the better rookie year by far (not even close).

vCash
    This is his last chance , contract year he's gone by trade deadline if he doesn't show us something
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs