Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Cavs have similar locker room issues as last season?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James and David Blatt will immediately resolve all problems

1 12.50%
  • There may be some bumps, but winning cures all

6 75.00%
  • There may be a "player's only" meeting or 3

0 0%
  • It will be no different than last season until somebody is traded/fired

1 12.50%
    vCash

How will the Cavs respond to LeBron's leadership?

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a young roster made up of many young 19-23 year olds: Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Felix, Delladova. They also have a new head coach, David Blatt, that is new to the NBA, and is used to a team approach to basketball.

In the past with LeBron we've seen him constantly yell at young players such as Chalmers or Cole in an effort to get through to them. Especially during the 2010-11 season there were a couple reported "player only meetings" and locker room incidents. We've also seen him go against Erik Spoelstra at times with the infamous "shoulder bump" incident, as well as during the past Finals trying to take the coach's seat during a video session and clashing with his philosophy.

Meanwhile, the Cavs locker room state last season was a constant point of discussion with alleged fist fights and constant clashes among teammates over role, touches, assigning blame, agents allegedly requesting trades. To put it simple, nobody trusted each other. How do you think LeBron will adapt to that environment and mesh with these young players, and will they be able to respond to his demanding leadership style? Will David Blatt be able to convince LeBron to buy into his system and do whatever he asks even if LeBron does not agree with the decisions?

vCash
    To be honest who can really say anything to lebron or question him. He is the best player on the team, the best player in the league, he has won 2 championships, he has went to 4 straight finals, and he is close to entering that Kobe like state of "what I say go's".

If they want a ring then they will follow

vCash
    The only comparison you can make to finding a more iconic player in any sport is if you were in the dressing room with Michael Jordan. And you know damn well you're gonna listen to both players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86:28796528
    The Cleveland Cavaliers have a young roster made up of many young 19-23 year olds: Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Felix, Delladova. They also have a new head coach, David Blatt, that is new to the NBA, and is used to a team approach to basketball.

In the past with LeBron we've seen him constantly yell at young players such as Chalmers or Cole in an effort to get through to them. Especially during the 2010-11 season there were a couple reported "player only meetings" and locker room incidents. We've also seen him go against Erik Spoelstra at times with the infamous "shoulder bump" incident, as well as during the past Finals trying to take the coach's seat during a video session and clashing with his philosophy.

Meanwhile, the Cavs locker room state last season was a constant point of discussion with alleged fist fights and constant clashes among teammates over role, touches, assigning blame, agents allegedly requesting trades. To put it simple, nobody trusted each other. How do you think LeBron will adapt to that environment and mesh with these young players, and will they be able to respond to his demanding leadership style? Will David Blatt be able to convince LeBron to buy into his system and do whatever he asks even if LeBron does not agree with the decisions?
    I'm a cavs fan and never heard of any fist fights. Irving and waiters clashed once in awhile but had a good sit down with David griffin and things were much better. Think those were prob lies spread by media. Team also felt loul dang blew games to get back at them for the trade so he was shunned. Lebron will be fine.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    The only reason I would see there being a problem is if half the roster from back when LeBron was with the team was still intact... And... well... it isn't. The ONLY player still on the roster from that time is Varejao. And he and Bron hang out a lot and joke when they played against each other. They're still good friends.

So obviously AV got over The Decision, much like everybody else did. No doubt there's still some people that hate it, but none of the other Cavs were personally burned by it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I'm a cavs fan and never heard of any fist fights. Irving and waiters clashed once in awhile but had a good sit down with David griffin and things were much better. Think those were prob lies spread by media. Team also felt loul dang blew games to get back at them for the trade so he was shunned. Lebron will be fine.
    Media speculated Waiters punched Irving giving him a black eye. When in reality he got elbowed in the face during the bucks game the day before
    Get ya Popcorn ready

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    The only comparison you can make to finding a more iconic player in any sport is if you were in the dressing room with Michael Jordan. And you know damn well you're gonna listen to both players.
    Veterans are the key. Jordan's demanding style worked on veterans. Kobe's same style did not work on young teammates. If LeBron comes in yelling at these young guys like he did Chalmers, I'm pretty certain things won't go over well and there will be trades made.

vCash
    And if trades are made, you can bet Cavs will do whatever it takes to make LeBron happy. LeBron is serious. You can tell how different he is from 3 years ago. If someone is acting up, then they are gone. These young guys know they are going to be expected to take things serious and I really doubt any one of them would stand up to Bron. Tristan and Bron were always cool. Kyrie seems like a player who's easy to hang out with. Varejao and LeBron's are tight. Wiggins will come in straight off the bat learning from LeBron and LeBron's experience. LeBron came out of High School. He'll probably teach him how to handle the media and all that stuff. I think it'll work. If anything, a trade for Love is always going to be possible whenever the Cavs want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86:28796771
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    Veterans are the key. Jordan's demanding style worked on veterans. Kobe's same style did not work on young teammates. If LeBron comes in yelling at these young guys like he did Chalmers, I'm pretty certain things won't go over well and there will be trades made.
    Kobe rubbed players the wrong way because he's a d-bag who is also Ball hog. Lebron passes a lot, so he works better with players.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I don't know but if i'm these young guys i'm not following any man who carries a purse.