Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Parity in the NBA !!!

This is the most parity the NBA has seen in a long time and it feels great.

East tier 1:

Cleveland
    Chicago
    Indiana

East tier 2:

Miami
    Toronto
    Washington

East tier 3:

Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Brooklyn
    New York

East tier 4:

Detroit
    Boston
    Orlando
    Philadelphia
    Milwaukee

West tier 1:

San Antonio
    Oklahoma City

West tier 2:

LA Clippers

West tier 3:

Portland
    Golden State
    Houston
    Memphis
    Dallas
    Phoenix

West tier 4:

Minnesota
    Denver
    New Orleans
    LA Lakers
    Sacramento
    Utah

So why did I divide these teams up ? To show just how wide open the NBA will be next season. It may seem like a no brainer to pencil the Spurs into the finals, but not so fast. Something tells me their time is up and winning the title last year might leave the core feeling somewhat satisfied. Realistically you have 5-6 teams capable of representing the West in the finals.

As for the East, it is as wide open as it could be. Cleveland may be a year or two away still while there is no telling how Rose will come back for Chicago. We know Indiana has its faults but will still be top 3 in the East. Then you have teams like Washington, Toronto, and Charlotte who have another year of experience and who have all shown they can be competitive. How about the triangle offense in NY, will that make a difference ?

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for next season already. There are so many different ways the season can play it out and that's just what the NBA needed. No more automatically printing Heat vs Spurs final tickets before the season even starts.

You have:

LeBron's return to Cleveland
    Rose's Comeback
    PJ in NY
    Jason Kidd in Milwaukee
    Clippers under new Ownership (maybe)
    New look Miami Heat
    Revamped Mavericks Team
    Kobe's Swan Song

The NBA might just be back ladies and gentlemen ....
    Last edited by mudvayne387; 07-15-2014 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Parody is when you poke fun or mock something.

I think you mean "parity."

vCash
    Yeah it should be a good year. This is the first time in a long time I've been excited about my team. Hopefully we can move up a tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    West Tier 1>West Tier 2>West Tier 3>East Tier 1>East Tier 2>East Tier 3>West Tier 4>East Tier 4.
    How is that parity?
    Last edited by SPURSFAN1; 07-15-2014 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    Parody is when you poke fun or mock something.

I think you mean "parity."
    haha ! Good call my man you are 100% correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    haha ! Good call my man you are 100% correct.
    I knew it sounded wrong. Geez. hahahahaah

vCash
    Mods please change title to: Parity in the NBA !!!
    Last edited by mudvayne387; 07-15-2014 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    I knew it sounded wrong. Geez. hahahahaah
    You know me too at first but my computer really wanted Parody so I said what the hell and trusted it lol

vCash
    I don't see how NY is better than last year by getting phil jackson. This offseason they lost their best defender in Tyson and replaced him with a guy who couldn't fill his shoes in Dallas. They got better offensively at PG but regressed further defensively. Hardaway is a year older which should help but some people are claiming the Knicks are a fringe playoff team and I just don't see it.

vCash
    I see 5-6 teams which have a chance to win it all. That's not parity.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I am 100% against the acquisition of Love unless it is for TT (Tristan Thompson) and a first rounder (late 20's).
    A Cavs fans view of equal value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomis1307 View Post
    I don't see how NY is better than last year by getting phil jackson. This offseason they lost their best defender in Tyson and replaced him with a guy who couldn't fill his shoes in Dallas. They got better offensively at PG but regressed further defensively. Hardaway is a year older which should help but some people are claiming the Knicks are a fringe playoff team and I just don't see it.
    Well I'll admit I am a Knicks fan but I do have realistic expectations. Last year the team flat out quit and it was disgraceful. I believe the notion is that this year they will be a rejuvenated squad running a new system. I fully expect them to make the playoffs, but they are still a year away from really cementing their roster of the future. And just for the record, Chandler played awful for them last season. My bet is he will make a strong comeback in Dallas, but it was time to cut ties with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I see 5-6 teams which have a chance to win it all. That's not parity.
    Compared to last years 2-3 it is.

Miami, SA, OKC ...

vCash
    I don't ever remember anyone automatically penciling in the Spurs last year. Even if they should have been the favorites, it's usually been OKC or the Clippers. Spurs have always been in the running, but OKC has been favored more the last couple years. Penciling someone out West was always challenging to do.

Miami is a different story, they have been inked to make the finals since they formed together. I do think now, with all the changes, it definitely makes the East much more interesting and wide open. But the West will be the West like it has been.

Oh yea, and if I had a nickel for every time I read someone say regarding the Spurs "i think their time is up" or something to that effect...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomis1307 View Post
    A lot of our woes were coaching and PG related. We gave away at least 5 games alone due to those weaknesses, and mind you we only missed the playoffs by like 2 games.

We didn't do much in terms of upgrading our talent outside of the Calderon trade(which is a huge upgrade at PG for us), but we hope that the tandem of PJax/Fisher/Triangle offense is enough to get us a few more wins with the talent we have.

I agree with the OP's rankings....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    I'm excited for this season....it was boring knowing which teams were gonna make the finals every year.

Hope to see some surprises this season....OP got it right as far as rankings are concerned...

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast