Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Deadline Rumors - 2014

Well...we are at the All-Star break...time to start talking about deadline deals.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...image_16843975

I don't see the Tribe re-signing David Price if they were to be able to get him from Tampa (HIGHLY doubt there is a chance without giving up Lindor). IF there were an agreement as a part of a trade...who would you be willing to give up in order to get him?

IMO, in order to compete THIS year, we would need front end rotation help, a consistent hitter/power hitter (either one), and maybe another pen arm (not a HUGE concern, but...better to have too many than one too few).

Ths issues with these needs...who do you bump out of the rotation (Masterson, McAllister)? If we were to get a bat, who gets bumped out (too much money locked up in the guys that need bumped...and, now that Chisenhall is hitting...he and Santana HAVE to be in the line-up and Swisher isn't going to sit)?

Should be interesting to see whether we are buyers or sellers...have 2 pieces that COULD bring something of pretty solid value back (Cabrera and Masterson)...but, sitting 7.5 games back in the division and only 3.5 games back in the WC standings...it would be hard to sell to the fanbase if they decided to sell.

vCash
    @jonmorosi: As I just said on @MLBONFOX pregame, Giants considering Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Aviles as trade options -- *if* the Indians sell.

vCash
    What do you think we could get out of Cabrera? I was really hoping during Spring Training that Lindor would be knocking on the door by now AND that we would be in contention so we could reason trading Cabrera to open the door for Lindor while addressing another need for this baseball team. However...we are in the hunt, however I don't think that Lindor is ready just yet...I would like to see him get a solid chunk of time at AAA before coming up here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    What do you think we could get out of Cabrera? I was really hoping during Spring Training that Lindor would be knocking on the door by now AND that we would be in contention so we could reason trading Cabrera to open the door for Lindor while addressing another need for this baseball team. However...we are in the hunt, however I don't think that Lindor is ready just yet...I would like to see him get a solid chunk of time at AAA before coming up here.
    We could probably get a couple dollar dogs for Cabrera. Only problem with this scenario is that Cabrera will probably try and eat them during the trade. So we would essentially get nothing for him. Which would be okay I guess.

vCash
    Though some around the league believe the Dodgers are highly motivated to deal former star Matt Kemp, the Red Sox were not left with that impression after making an inquiry, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. At least three other American League teams have also asked about Kemp’s availability, including the Indians, Mariners, and Rangers, but Rosenthal says that none have made trade proposals. Cleveland and Texas both appear unlikely partners, while Seattle could have an outside chance of adding him. Though moving Kemp poses many difficult questions for the Dodgers, Rosenthal says that the veteran is “at odds” with manager Don Mattingly.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cleveland-indians

Tribe why do you even show interests in a guy like Kemp when you know Dolan isn't going to take back half his remaining salary and LA more than likely isn't eating 3/4ths of it.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that while it may have been a planned promotion, the timing of Francisco Lindor‘s promotion to Triple-A is “as subtle as a brick to the head.” The Indians announced Lindor’s promotion to Columbus shortly after Asdrubal Cabrera left Monday’s contest with an injury, and while Lindor likely wouldn’t be the immediate replacement, there’s little doubt that he’s seen as Cabrera’s replacement next year. Hoynes also notes how poorly timed a DL stint would be for Cabrera, as it would hurt the team’s chances to stay in the AL Central race while also costing them a potential trade chip.

Oh no its Hoynes reporting it. Lets all freak out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post

Oh no its Hoynes reporting it. Lets all freak out.
    It's a retread story..no sources referenced... it's meaningless.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...-showcase.html

Would be nice to see Tribe actually make an effort to go after a guy with this type of talent. Hate to keep on missing out on these Cuban players that come right in and make an impact.

vCash
    Well... it's back again..

The Trading Deadline is just over a mere 72 hours away.. whispers have been heard about the Indians moving one or three guys... No whispers have been heard that are worth the keystrokes about guys the Indians could acquire. IOW, the Kemps and Prices weren't ever going to happen making them moot..

So, with who is being discussed (Asdrubal/Aviles/Masterson), who are the teams looking for help?

It appears to be coming down to three teams..

1. SF Giants: Sabean is a master trader. He fills the needs of his club at the trading deadline like no other. The Giants are a wealthy club with a HUGE market and the kind of future players/prospects that would interest the Indians. If Sabean's target is Asdrubal, then a return of Adalberto Mejia or Joan Gregorio would be sweet... Doubt these two guys are let go for two months of Asdrubal, though..

2. Toronto Blue Jays: This is a team the Indians have a strong history with as it relates to transactions. THe Blue Jays minor league system has been picked over pretty good, but there are a few guys that would be of significant interest and possible in a trade for Asdrubal. The three names that come to mind are Matt Smoral (the local kid from Solon), Chase De Jong, and very raw Miguel Castro.. I'd love to see two of these three.. but wouldn't be too terribly upset with any one of them..

3. The Los Angels Dodgers: They're included for no other reason than they can make a trade.. however doubtful..

I like the Blue Jays as a trading partner.. I think Asdrubal would flourish on the field turf and would bring a fine addition to the Indians going forward...

Thoughts?

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...masterson.html

I can't see anyone giving the Tribe anything of real value at this point for him, but I could see a bigger potential return by the August deadline IF Masterson could come back and show that his velocity is back as well as his overall performance.

One thing is for sure...this is one re-signing that the Tribe FO got 100% right...he wanted $17-18 million per year and was offered about $14 million per. Unless he comes back and absolutely pitches lights out for the rest of the year (traded or not), he won't sniff $14 million per year on the open market, much less $17-18 million per!

vCash
    Indians are 4 games out of wildcard. That's not impossible at all. But if we are buyers I hope its someone who will be around for awhile and not in a contract year.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Bye bye Masterson!

vCash
    Masty to STL. Apparently they are getting James Ramsey, OF from the Cardinals in return.

vCash
    Cardinals To Acquire Justin Masterson
    By Steve Adams [July 30, 2014 at 1:07pm CDT]
    The Indians and Cardinals have agreed to a deal that will send Justin Masterson to St. Louis, Peter Gammons reports (on Twitter). Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that top outfield prospect James Ramsey is headed to Cleveland (Twitter link).
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...masterson.html

Yeahhh... we are sellers again. #LongAugust #BetterFollowBowling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Masty to STL. Apparently they are getting James Ramsey, OF from the Cardinals in return.
    FSU Boy. Love it. Not a power guy or anything but a very disciplined and sound hitter. Great leader too. Really missed him when he left FSU

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast