Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade Deadline Rumors - 2014

Well...we are at the All-Star break...time to start talking about deadline deals.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...image_16843975

I don't see the Tribe re-signing David Price if they were to be able to get him from Tampa (HIGHLY doubt there is a chance without giving up Lindor). IF there were an agreement as a part of a trade...who would you be willing to give up in order to get him?

IMO, in order to compete THIS year, we would need front end rotation help, a consistent hitter/power hitter (either one), and maybe another pen arm (not a HUGE concern, but...better to have too many than one too few).

Ths issues with these needs...who do you bump out of the rotation (Masterson, McAllister)? If we were to get a bat, who gets bumped out (too much money locked up in the guys that need bumped...and, now that Chisenhall is hitting...he and Santana HAVE to be in the line-up and Swisher isn't going to sit)?

Should be interesting to see whether we are buyers or sellers...have 2 pieces that COULD bring something of pretty solid value back (Cabrera and Masterson)...but, sitting 7.5 games back in the division and only 3.5 games back in the WC standings...it would be hard to sell to the fanbase if they decided to sell.

vCash
    @jonmorosi: As I just said on @MLBONFOX pregame, Giants considering Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Aviles as trade options -- *if* the Indians sell.

vCash
    What do you think we could get out of Cabrera? I was really hoping during Spring Training that Lindor would be knocking on the door by now AND that we would be in contention so we could reason trading Cabrera to open the door for Lindor while addressing another need for this baseball team. However...we are in the hunt, however I don't think that Lindor is ready just yet...I would like to see him get a solid chunk of time at AAA before coming up here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    What do you think we could get out of Cabrera? I was really hoping during Spring Training that Lindor would be knocking on the door by now AND that we would be in contention so we could reason trading Cabrera to open the door for Lindor while addressing another need for this baseball team. However...we are in the hunt, however I don't think that Lindor is ready just yet...I would like to see him get a solid chunk of time at AAA before coming up here.
    We could probably get a couple dollar dogs for Cabrera. Only problem with this scenario is that Cabrera will probably try and eat them during the trade. So we would essentially get nothing for him. Which would be okay I guess.

vCash
    Though some around the league believe the Dodgers are highly motivated to deal former star Matt Kemp, the Red Sox were not left with that impression after making an inquiry, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. At least three other American League teams have also asked about Kemp’s availability, including the Indians, Mariners, and Rangers, but Rosenthal says that none have made trade proposals. Cleveland and Texas both appear unlikely partners, while Seattle could have an outside chance of adding him. Though moving Kemp poses many difficult questions for the Dodgers, Rosenthal says that the veteran is “at odds” with manager Don Mattingly.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cleveland-indians

Tribe why do you even show interests in a guy like Kemp when you know Dolan isn't going to take back half his remaining salary and LA more than likely isn't eating 3/4ths of it.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that while it may have been a planned promotion, the timing of Francisco Lindor‘s promotion to Triple-A is “as subtle as a brick to the head.” The Indians announced Lindor’s promotion to Columbus shortly after Asdrubal Cabrera left Monday’s contest with an injury, and while Lindor likely wouldn’t be the immediate replacement, there’s little doubt that he’s seen as Cabrera’s replacement next year. Hoynes also notes how poorly timed a DL stint would be for Cabrera, as it would hurt the team’s chances to stay in the AL Central race while also costing them a potential trade chip.

Oh no its Hoynes reporting it. Lets all freak out.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post

Oh no its Hoynes reporting it. Lets all freak out.
    It's a retread story..no sources referenced... it's meaningless.