Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Riley luring Eric Bledsoe?

Is Riles working his magic?

http://distinctathlete.com/nba-free-...rik-spoelstra/

You know what many NBA fans fear right now? They’re valued free agents being seen or connected with the Miami Heat. Unfortunately for Phoenix Suns fans, that nightmare has become reality as free agent point guard Eric Bledsoe was seen eating dinner with Miami Heat team president Pat Riley and head coach Erik Spoelstra.

Post-LeBron James, the Miami Heat have been every bit of active. They’ve re-signed Chris Bosh to the max. Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, and Danny Granger have joined the fold as well as Chris Andersen and Mario Chalmers by way of re-signing. This organization is doing their best of showing no panic as James is now a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, showing aggression in free agency to improve the team’s odds for the 2014-15 season.

And as we see, previous reports of the Miami Heat being interested in Eric Bledsoe are completely true.

Fortunately for the fans of the Phoenix Suns, two things are playing in their favor.

With the Heat reloading for the next few seasons, cap space isn’t on their best side at the moment. With Deng, Cole, Chalmers, McRoberts, Bosh, Granger, and Andersen signed, they’re close to the cap line. Once you add in the deals Dwyane Wade and Udonish Haslem will receive, as well as the signings of Shabazz Napier and James Ennis, they’ll then grow closer to the luxury tax line, making it near impossible to offer anything close to the max.

And thanks to the CBA rules, the Suns, due to Bledsoe’s restricted free agency, have the ability to match any contract offered to Bledsoe in free agency. Of course, that is, if Phoenix is willing to do so as we just saw the Houston Rockets let Chandler Parsons go to the Dallas Mavericks as a RFA. With Isaiah Thomas under contract, many have grown weary that Phoenix won’t match a Bledsoe deal, but considering they’ve an ample amount of cap space and Bledsoe could become a huge trade asset (Kevin Love?), the odds of Phoenix not matching are slim to none.

Riley and company always have something up their sleeves, so it’ll be interesting to see how they approach this situation. After losing the best player in the world, a starting lineup of Eric Bledsoe, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Danny Granger, and Josh McRoberts would be one hell of a way to bounce back from that.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Man this would be oh so sweet...But can some cap expert here explain how this could at all be possible besides Wade taking the minimum, haha.

vCash
    Haslem has been renounced, i don't think bosh has inked his contract yet and neither has wade. We have some flexibility I guess. Picture is very dark though. It may very well be deng for all we know. If it is bledsoe, then it must be possible. There must be a plan. I would assume it would have to be a max. It's not like we can negotiate a cheap contract. Suns will match. It's a max or nothing Imo. Riley, work your voodoo magic!

Haslem renounced, I am sure cole traded, wade takes a hefty cut, and bosh (if not inked yet) takes less too. I can see us finding the money with enough penny pinching.

Miami Heat

vCash
    With a chip on their shoulders, I can see these guys sacrificing to try and steal the east for a 5th season and show the world that we can still be a force even without Bronny

Miami Heat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    So I did some quick math with who we have signed and what cap holds we should have. It all comes down with how much Wade is going to get.

SIGNED CONTRACTS
    McRoberts - 5.3M
    Chalmers - 4M
    Granger - 2.1M
    Cole - 2.1M

CAP HOLDS
    Bosh - 20M
    Wade - 19.6M
    Birdman - 1M
    Napier - 1M

Comes to be 55.1M. The next domino will be Wade's contract being as you see we don't have enough room for Deng's 10M. So the max amount Wade will make next year is around 17.5M. If he does then UD will be getting our 2.7 MLE then being we will be maxed in cap room. This is probably the hold up, Riley is trying to fit both Wade and UD under the cap so he can use the 2.7 MLE on someone else.
    With the bledsoe rumors and alleged picture of them (although blurry and hard to tell)... I am going to rework your numbers to see if we can squeeze 15 million out for a contract offer to bledsoe.

SIGNED CONTRACTS
    McRoberts - 5.3M
    Chalmers - 4M
    Granger - 2.1M
    Deng - 10M
    Cole - 0M (trade him for a first)

SIGN
    Bosh - 18M (sacrifice from a "forever man" like wade)
    Wade - 12.5M (forever man sacrifce)

CAP HOLDS
    Birdman - 1M
    Napier - 1M
    3 empty spots holds - 1.5M

=54.9 M... roughly 8M in cap. Hmm... I don't see the numbers working... so why would that be bledsoe?

Miami Heat

vCash
    Why sign Chalmers then?

vCash
    That is Deng in that picture, that was figured out like a day ago...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    That is Deng in that picture, that was figured out like a day ago...
    Just giving you credit before I piggy backed off of of your numbers!

Miami Heat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Why sign Chalmers then?
    Without chalmers and cole we would be at 12 million. .. would have made sense to hold off on chalmers.

Miami Heat

vCash

Riley luring Eric Bledsoe?

Is that seriously deng? I was excited for no reason..

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Is that seriously deng? I was excited for no reason..
    That is what people where saying when the picture was posted on twitter. Makes sense being it was taken a bit after he signed his deal and being we really don't have room for Bledsoe anyways. He will get north of $14M easily and seems the Suns will match anyways.

vCash
    this is nothing .. bledsoe will be great but impossible

vCash
    My dads friend called him last night saying he was at dinner and saw Riley spo and Deng. It's not Bledsoe. Would be sick tho.

vCash
    May be a sign and trade is in the works? May be Riley already talked this out with the Suns and they will take Chalmers And/Or Cole + Trade Exception? They probably wanna start Isiah Thomas at PG and let Dragic be the scoring man. Bledsoe and Dragic is not a good pair since they both like to score. Why would you spend two max on your back-court? Just throwing out optimistic ideas guys...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast