Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500

    Do the Lakers retire Pau's jersey?

    I know when he comes back to the Staples center he will get a standing ovation and maybe a highlight video of his time as a Laker. Personally I have mixed feelings about it but I would not be against it as he helped take the Lakers to 3 finals appearances and back to back championships.


    Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,289
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure about that, I would not be opposed to it, but he really played heart out only 3 out of his 7 years with us, helped us win 2 titles yes, but again not sure if it's enough to see his jersey retired in a franchise like the Lakers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500
    Yes.

    No other answer. No argument. The answer is YES YES YES.

    On top of that, because of his international play and laker championship play, he is a first ballot hall of famer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Not sure about that, I would not be opposed to it, but he really played heart out only 3 out of his 7 years with us, helped us win 2 titles yes, but again not sure if it's enough to see his jersey retired in a franchise like the Lakers.
    I questioned his heart and toughness in the 2011 playoffs, but the other yrs we didn't win after that, he wasn't healthy, or we just sucked bad cuz of D'Antoni, or he was stuck playing in the first round with Kobe while Dwight was whining.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    4,132
    vCash
    1500
    Criteria 1 rings...check
    Criteria 2 HOF bound...check

    He meets the basic requirements. Of course 16 goes up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,411
    vCash
    1500
    Yes! Yes! Yes!







    PLAN B



    SIM LEAGUE NETS

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Criteria 1 rings...check
    Criteria 2 HOF bound...check

    He meets the basic requirements. Of course 16 goes up.
    Based on that criteria and the fact was part of the back 2 back 'ships his number should be next to the big Shaqawski

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,289
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    I questioned his heart and toughness in the 2011 playoffs, but the other yrs we didn't win after that, he wasn't healthy, or we just sucked bad cuz of D'Antoni, or he was stuck playing in the first round with Kobe while Dwight was whining.
    again if his jersey is retired, it's fine with me, the only disturbing thing is this bad taste I'll always have thinking about him wasting all those years playing with no effort, no passion and complaining.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    north of the Wall
    Posts
    623
    vCash
    500
    Don't say no because Hellcrooner will come at you.


    i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,094
    vCash
    1500
    Robert Horry won 3 rings with LA and he didn't get his jersey retired.

    I'm gonna go with: "not anytime soon, but possibly"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    I know when he comes back to the Staples center he will get a standing ovation and maybe a highlight video of his time as a Laker. Personally I have mixed feelings about it but I would not be against it as he helped take the Lakers to 3 finals appearances and back to back championships.
    NO THEY DO NOT!!!

    I like Pau and he was a big part of the last several years, but this is not the Clippers, the Hawks, or the Magic. Those teams would retire him NO DOUBT!

    The Problems:
    He played more regular season games for Memphis than the Lakers. For me that's a big negative in LA.
    The Lakers are about 30% of this guys resume.
    When its all said and done he always have about 1/3 of the strength of his resume for the HOF from his international play.
    About 1/3 of his resume will be about the ten seasons that he played AWAY from LA. He is signed on for three more in Chicago and could possibly win a title or two with them.... not to mention his 7 season with Memphis.

    For the Lakers, when someone looks into the rafters the very first thought has to be.... this guy was a Lakers legend.

    For Gasol the first thought will be, outstanding international player. Played a lot of good seasons in the NBA, and won a couple title with the Lakers.

    Not enough for me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,988
    vCash
    1500
    of course yes! see video below... its a blessing in disguise Bynum got hurt and we got Pau via a rape trade from Memphis.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2kZpbJusl8

    nice sig Iron24th!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    1500
    No, he was still a role player like ac green, cooper, fox, horry, shaw, odom, fisher...
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    393
    vCash
    1500

    Do the Lakers retire Pau's jersey?

    I think we do of he makes the hall of fame he was very important on are last championship run we wouldn't have won them with out him

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,437
    vCash
    1500
    The Lakers criteria is HOF....

    should it be? Meh...

    If Dr. Buss was still around I would say it would take a long time for it to get retired... with the idiot kids in charge they will probably do it while he is still playing so they can sell an extra 500 seats to a game...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •