Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do the Lakers retire Pau's jersey?

I know when he comes back to the Staples center he will get a standing ovation and maybe a highlight video of his time as a Laker. Personally I have mixed feelings about it but I would not be against it as he helped take the Lakers to 3 finals appearances and back to back championships.

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    Not sure about that, I would not be opposed to it, but he really played heart out only 3 out of his 7 years with us, helped us win 2 titles yes, but again not sure if it's enough to see his jersey retired in a franchise like the Lakers.

vCash
    Yes.

No other answer. No argument. The answer is YES YES YES.

On top of that, because of his international play and laker championship play, he is a first ballot hall of famer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Not sure about that, I would not be opposed to it, but he really played heart out only 3 out of his 7 years with us, helped us win 2 titles yes, but again not sure if it's enough to see his jersey retired in a franchise like the Lakers.
    I questioned his heart and toughness in the 2011 playoffs, but the other yrs we didn't win after that, he wasn't healthy, or we just sucked bad cuz of D'Antoni, or he was stuck playing in the first round with Kobe while Dwight was whining.

vCash
    Criteria 1 rings...check
    Criteria 2 HOF bound...check

He meets the basic requirements. Of course 16 goes up.

vCash
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Criteria 1 rings...check
    Criteria 2 HOF bound...check

He meets the basic requirements. Of course 16 goes up.
    Based on that criteria and the fact was part of the back 2 back 'ships his number should be next to the big Shaqawski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    I questioned his heart and toughness in the 2011 playoffs, but the other yrs we didn't win after that, he wasn't healthy, or we just sucked bad cuz of D'Antoni, or he was stuck playing in the first round with Kobe while Dwight was whining.
    again if his jersey is retired, it's fine with me, the only disturbing thing is this bad taste I'll always have thinking about him wasting all those years playing with no effort, no passion and complaining.

vCash
    Don't say no because Hellcrooner will come at you.

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Robert Horry won 3 rings with LA and he didn't get his jersey retired.

I'm gonna go with: "not anytime soon, but possibly"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    I know when he comes back to the Staples center he will get a standing ovation and maybe a highlight video of his time as a Laker. Personally I have mixed feelings about it but I would not be against it as he helped take the Lakers to 3 finals appearances and back to back championships.
    NO THEY DO NOT!!!

I like Pau and he was a big part of the last several years, but this is not the Clippers, the Hawks, or the Magic. Those teams would retire him NO DOUBT!

The Problems:
    He played more regular season games for Memphis than the Lakers. For me that's a big negative in LA.
    The Lakers are about 30% of this guys resume.
    When its all said and done he always have about 1/3 of the strength of his resume for the HOF from his international play.
    About 1/3 of his resume will be about the ten seasons that he played AWAY from LA. He is signed on for three more in Chicago and could possibly win a title or two with them.... not to mention his 7 season with Memphis.

For the Lakers, when someone looks into the rafters the very first thought has to be.... this guy was a Lakers legend.

For Gasol the first thought will be, outstanding international player. Played a lot of good seasons in the NBA, and won a couple title with the Lakers.

Not enough for me.

vCash
    of course yes! see video below... its a blessing in disguise Bynum got hurt and we got Pau via a rape trade from Memphis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2kZpbJusl8

nice sig Iron24th!

vCash
    No, he was still a role player like ac green, cooper, fox, horry, shaw, odom, fisher...
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash

Do the Lakers retire Pau's jersey?

I think we do of he makes the hall of fame he was very important on are last championship run we wouldn't have won them with out him

vCash
    The Lakers criteria is HOF....

should it be? Meh...

If Dr. Buss was still around I would say it would take a long time for it to get retired... with the idiot kids in charge they will probably do it while he is still playing so they can sell an extra 500 seats to a game...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast