Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who Will Make The Knicks A Championship Team ?

When Phil came here it was to make the Knicks a championship team. Yes, getting into the playoffs is OK but that is not what Phil Jackson is all about.

Of course signing Melo was the first step but I ask who is out there that is available in 2015 to make this team a championship team?

Love will probably sign with the team he is traded to. Aldridge does not seem like a NY type and I read he will be happy signing a 5 year deal to remain in Portland. That leaves Rondo, Parker and Gasol. While both Rondo and Parker are excellent PGs , better than Calderon, you really do not need that caliber of a PG to thrive in a triangle.

That leaves Marc Gasol. While I like him a lot, does he make the Knicks a championship team...me thinks not.

Are we then waiting for 2016 for Kevin Durant ? Yes he would make the Knicks a championship caliber team, but lets not forget 4 years ago when we put all of our eggs in Labron . Listening to Durant's MVP speech which was fabulous , there is an excellent chance he reups with Oklahoma City or if he decides to go the FA route why would the Knicks be the favorites to sign him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    When Phil came here it was to make the Knicks a championship team. Yes, getting into the playoffs is OK but that is not what Phil Jackson is all about.

Of course signing Melo was the first step but I ask who is out there that is available in 2015 to make this team a championship team?

Love will probably sign with the team he is traded to. Aldridge does not seem like a NY type and I read he will be happy signing a 5 year deal to remain in Portland. That leaves Rondo, Parker and Gasol. While both Rondo and Parker are excellent PGs , better than Calderon, you really do not need that caliber of a PG to thrive in a triangle.

That leaves Marc Gasol. While I like him a lot, does he make the Knicks a championship team...me thinks not.

Are we then waiting for 2016 for Kevin Durant ? Yes he would make the Knicks a championship caliber team, but lets not forget 4 years ago when we put all of our eggs in Labron . Listening to Durant's MVP speech which was fabulous , there is an excellent chance he reups with Oklahoma City or if he decides to go the FA route why would the Knicks be the favorites to sign him?
    Me thinks if someone knew the answer to that question he/she'd be working in the Knicks F.O., though it does seem like the UFA-route might not really be the answer...

vCash
    imo championship teams have a FO, HC and the best players on the team all on the same page. i believe this will be the case this season, during which we can begin the process of building championship chemistry. it will take time, but i think if we can find melo the right mix of players, he will thrive in this offense. i have faith in Phil and Fisher, I doubt Phil wan'ts his last gig in the NBA the only one in which he didn't win a chip.

vCash
    people its to early to tell lmao 2015 is a year away lets see how our team plays first I bring up players like gasol as options but that's just me guessing idk and nobody knows who will be available in 2015 we can only hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    They need a big who's an elite rebounder/defender/passer and another elite scorer.

vCash
    Way too early. Its gonna take more than just half a off season to build a championship cultured franchise. Does Fisher even have all his assistants set yet? Haha

Let the foundation be set of winning basketball then these FAs will come to us. We must look attractive first. Last I recall we missed the playoffs in a terrible East. Be patient. Our time will come.

vCash

Who Will Make The Knicks A Championship Team ?

If we get gasol and one of these young guys becomes a legit second option to melo we could contend. If none of them step up we have enough assets to shake things up and bring in a big name

vCash
    When you have a proven system in place and players that buy into that system, anything can happen. There's no proven formula to winning a championship in this league, it's mostly chemistry, consistency and everybody in an organization being on the same page. To answer your question, I do believe that with Marc Gasol and solid role players, this team could win a championship because we have someone who can take over a series in Melo much like Dirk did with Dallas. All you need to do is surround him with enough pieces to make it work and we are already in the process of doing that.

vCash
    I know every new guy and everyone with a puff of a thought deserves a legitimate thread here and there ...but....close this ...this is absurd...or move it to FA thread...way to early for this nonsense....
    Last edited by yankstheknicks; 07-15-2014 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    I know every new guy and everyone with a puff of a thought deserves a legitimate thread here and there ...but....close this ...this is absurd...or move it to FA thread...way to early for this nonsense....
    WTF is your problem?

vCash
    add Dragic and jeff green I would love that alot more then Gasol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Lighten up will you. This is a sports forum. We are not trying to find a cure for cancer or world peace.

If you are unhappy with a post, do not respond to it and go on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post

your answer is in your tittle bro. Championship TEAM. its a team that get ships not one person. phil already said if the team buys in to his system they will get a ring. he said if they all click at the right time and start playing together that they will win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    people its to early to tell lmao 2015 is a year away lets see how our team plays first I bring up players like gasol as options but that's just me guessing idk and nobody knows who will be available in 2015 we can only hope for the best
    Who are you....and what have you done with east fb knicks!!???

15. 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM
    Reason
    off topic --- enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonloc View Post
    your answer is in your tittle bro. Championship TEAM. its a team that get ships not one person. phil already said if the team buys in to his system they will get a ring. he said if they all click at the right time and start playing together that they will win.
    BINGO!!! And what Phil said yesterday about someone being willing to say Melo(he used Stars Like Jordan and Kobe) "no you are not going to get this ball this time" ...need to keep the others involved and in the flow of the game was a perfect example of what this team needs to do to win...the talent is there(at least a lot of it)..need to work as a TEAM!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast