Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chandler Parsons Offended By Rockets During Free Agency

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-mav...030411610.html

"LAS VEGAS Chandler Parsons was "offended" when the Houston Rockets went searching in free agency for a third star in LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Carmelo Anthony instead of sticking with him. Now the former Rockets forward is ecstatic to be a third star with the Dallas Mavericks, and a lot richer, too.

"Honestly, I was offended by the whole process," Parsons told Yahoo Sports on Monday in a phone interview. "They publicly said that they were going out looking for a third star when I thought they had one right in front of them. I guess that's just how they viewed me as a player. I don't think I've scratched the surface of where I can be as a player and I think I'm ready for that role".

"You can't knock them for always trying to get better. [Houston general manager] Daryl Morey is very aggressive, is a genius, a great GM and I have nothing but respect for those guys. And they are looking to make their team better. That's what they were doing. I just thought I could be that guy that could do that."

Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists with the Rockets last season as the third scorer behind James Harden and Dwight Howard. Quietly, Parsons was hoping for a bigger role offensively. The Rockets gave Parsons an opportunity to explore free agency as a restricted free agent by opting out of the final year of his deal that would've paid him $964,750.

The Rockets went after marquee players like James, Anthony, and Bosh when free agency began. While the Mavericks were interested in Anthony, too, they quickly convinced Parsons to agree to a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with a third-year player option and a 15 percent trade kicker, a source said. Parsons signed the offer sheet on the first day free agents were able to on July 10 in his hometown of Orlando with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban by his side.

"They really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

While the Rockets had the option to match, Cuban was confident in the Mavs' maneuver.

"We knew based on the numbers they were going to have to make some tough choices," Cuban said before the Mavericks' summer league game on Monday."

===

Yet another salvo fired against Morey and the Rockets. Morey has now offended:

1. Asik; who literally faked an injury and refused to play last season as a result of being lied to.

2. Lin; whose number was used without his consent: only to have Morey lie to the media claiming he had told Lin ahead of time.

3. Parsons. See below.

4. Clint Capela, their first round draft pick.

I'm now surprised when Morey DOESN'T offend one of his players. Anyway, an interesting read...

vCash
    Yup, Houston not only made themselves look pathetic with the melo billboards and posters of him with trophies, they disrespected Jeremy lin. Then by putting parsons as last priority, they disrespected him too. I'm glad parsons left, he's the only guy i liked om that team.

Also, this is the exact reason why i knew Houston wasn't a threat to get kyle lowry. They were so cocky, they lost on everyone in the end.

vCash
    Worst behaviour.

vCash
    Lol don't tell "some" Rocket fans Morey isn't classless. Fact of the matter is these players have big ego's and Morey just treats them like pawns but that's how he does business.

vCash
    I must of missed what happened with capela, how did morey offend him?
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    He's said that all season tho. The part about him being the third star and all. I remember him being I. Espn and all the shows asked if Houston can get a third star and his responses were always that he could be that star. I remember on that show sports nation or whatever, that question was asked and his answer was "pay chandler".

He has always wanted the money and has EVERY RIGHT TO BE OFFENDED. He's a great player and he wanted to be treated like one. Morey, as always, doesn't great his players as players, more like pieces.

Chandler was not a star tho, maybe he can be one for dallas who knows, but in Houston he was always gunna be a 16 ,5 ,2 guy and a glue guy. Those are great numbers and could elevate given the chance but in
    Houston he wouldn't have had that chance.

Morey is awful at handling these things and that's what irritates me. If the Rockets lack success in future FA it's because if him. As smart as he is, he just can't keep players happy.

vCash

Chandler Parsons Offended By Rockets During Free Agency

I would have thought with morey being as savvy as he is that he wouldn't want to burn any bridges with players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Blueforyou View Post
    I must of missed what happened with capela, how did morey offend him?
    Morey wanted him to stay over seas a year so they could have room for bosh in the salary cap.

vCash
    I would not have been offended.

The rockets were trying to increase the net talent on their roster. Going after Melo and Bosh could only happen if Parsons wasn't on the payroll yet. Only when they chose not to match would I have even considered getting mad, but man, $15mil/yr for Parsons? I don't think you can get mad for not matching that either, that's all-star money for a guy who while good, has never made an all star appearance.

Personally, I think this article is more about hyping up the signing to Dallas' fans, like I've seen out of every moderate to reasonably named Free Agent that's ever signed with Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy:28795096
    I would not have been offended.

The rockets were trying to increase the net talent on their roster. Going after Melo and Bosh could only happen if Parsons wasn't on the payroll yet. Only when they chose not to match would I have even considered getting mad, but man, $15mil/yr for Parsons? I don't think you can get mad for not matching that either, that's all-star money for a guy who while good, has never made an all star appearance.

Personally, I think this article is more about hyping up the signing to Dallas' fans, like I've seen out of every moderate to reasonably named Free Agent that's ever signed with Toronto.
    This

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    The fact that he was offended they wanted to add another star player is pretty childish. Honestly, it sounds like he's still got a little bit of sour grapes going on right now. He knows he had a better chance to win a title in Houston but he chased the money. If he was completely happy with the decision, then I doubt this article would have even existed. Just enjoy your pay day and go learn from a Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki how to become a winner an all-star in this league.

vCash
    All this is gunna do is being in all the posters from the "Houston will not match" thread and bicker in here. Greatttttt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    The fact that he was offended they wanted to add another star player is pretty childish. Honestly, it sounds like he's still got a little bit of sour grapes going on right now. He knows he had a better chance to win a title in Houston but he chased the money. If he was completely happy with the decision, then I doubt this article would have even existed. Just enjoy your pay day and go learn from a Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki how to become a winner an all-star in this league.
    I wanted to say this, but didn't want responses like "your just butthurt he didn't want you guys" blah blah blah

vCash
    I'd kind if like some proof on the Asik faking his injury thing you keep bringing up. Heard some rumors but nothing was proven.

If I was Morey and the Rockets I'd be offended by Parsons agreeing to that contract. Cuban used Parsons to take a stab at Morey whether he matched or not; Parsons should feel used by Cuban. How did Parsons not know that once the Rockets matched they were done spending? Was it because the term "third star" was used when the Rockets tried to get Bosh or Carmelo? Give me a break. Parsons had to have an idea that they might not have matched that deal not based on the 3/$46 but for the 3/$46 plus everything else involved (trade kicker, option year). If he would have signed an, I dunno, 4/$55 or something, Morey woulda easily matched. If Bosh would have signed, Morey woulda easily matched. I think Parsons knows that he got used as a pawn in the ongoing Cuban/Morey chess game and now he feels like he blew it and I bet he's hoping Tyson Chandler stays healthy and motivated, Ellis doesn't turn into a stat padding chucker again and Dirk stays healthy and doesn't retire. Only time will tell.

vCash
    ya but i think in hindsight parsons will be overpaid and ariza is a more proven player on a way better contract. now they can go after either a PF or a PG, personally, i think a rondo, harden, ariza, jones, howard lineup has solid 2 way potential.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast