Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who Will Become Really Good First? Jazz or Magic?

Both have very talented young cores, but lack a defined star. Which team becomes a legit playoff team sooner? I'll just be listing young players with upside as the "core" of team.

Jazz core: Dante Exum, Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Rudy Gobert, Jeremy Evans.

Magic core: Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Mo Harkless, Elfrid Payton, Nikola Vujevic.

vCash
    Magic. East is better now but the west is fkn loaded

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Magic because of Defense

vCash
    Jazz should be a tad further ahead at this point considering Hayward and Favors are entering their 5th years. None of that young core for Orlando is as experienced. Are they further ahead? IDK. I think they're both gonna struggle again this year. Magic might just finish with a better record because of the East. I also think they have a bit better depth and defensive potential.

vCash
    I don't believe the Magic will ever be more than first round fodder. They don't have any shooting. You can't win in today's NBA without shooting. Yes, they signed Channing Frye, but he'll have no space to operate with the other guys on the floor. Taking him Phoenix, a shooter's paradise, and sticking him in Orlando is going to murder his numbers.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    I think the Jazz, only because of how sold I am on Exum as a prospect. I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Gordon, and while I like Oladipo a lot, I don't think they have the shooting they need moving forward. They should be a plus defensive team very soon, but they are going to struggle on the other end of the court. And trust me, as a Bulls fan, I'm totally qualified to render that opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I don't believe the Magic will ever be more than first round fodder. They don't have any shooting. You can't win in today's NBA without shooting. Yes, they signed Channing Frye, but he'll have no space to operate with the other guys on the floor. Taking him Phoenix, a shooter's paradise, and sticking him in Orlando is going to murder his numbers.
    Explain.
    Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo

vCash
    Boston

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    The magic might never be an elite offensive team, but the tools are there to be elite defensively. As far as shooting, that's why rob drafted hard working players. They're still so young and still developing.

vCash
    To answer the OP's question, I think the jazz are further ahead right now, but I like the magic's potential better.
    Also, you forgot abut Fournier.

vCash
    Magic blew it by not taking Exum..Jazz never get free agents tho
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    I'm biased, but I definitely think Jazz. They have more balance between offense and defense. They have 5 pgs/wings with potential (Burke, Exum, Burks, Hood and Hayward) and three bits with potential (Kanter, Favors and Gobert).

I like what Orlando is doing, but the Jazz will be a better team. More balance and more depth.

vCash
    I think both had mediocre off seasons and drafts so I'm unsure

vCash
    jazz are in troube. paying Heyward 15 mil with Favors and Kanter up for deals soon isnt a good start. Ill take the MAgic here bcuz i think the Gordon/Vuc duo is being really underrated in terms of potential and fit. But Sixers over both (not even being a homer)

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Magic blew it by not taking Exum..Jazz never get free agents tho
    Give me Gordon and Payton over Exum and McDourmett/Saric. The magic made the right choice. I'm not in love with Exum's potential. I like him, and his game, but he's still a project too.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast