Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Salary Cap Gymnastics

I thought this was a good article. Until Hill actually signs we have a little over 6 million to go after another FA. Or if we stretch Nash would have about 9 million. The only person I would stretch Nash for is Stephenson. Otherwise I say go after a guy like Turner for 6 million, or a couple of guys. Then we can resign Hill, add vet minimum, & resign our guys as needed. I am hoping we hear something positive from Mitch soon. So it is not looking totally bleak. I have a feeling Mitch is trying to see if he can trade Nash + a pick with nothing in return to free up the money instead of using the stretch provision.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2014...on-steve-nash/

Darius Soriano — July 14, 2014

vCash
    If the Lakers really want Stephenson, then try to give him his 10M without stretch waiving Nash. If the Lakers do have 6M left, then try to unload Sacre and Kelly and get them off the books, that should free what I assume an extra 3M to get to 9M ??

Just don't stretch waive Nash and compromise 3.2M per yr the next 2 yrs of our salary cap for nothing.

vCash
    We need to deal Nash. Throw in Houston's useless pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Sounds good, but who will have the capspace to take him on? Maybe Philly?

vCash
    You guys don't get it. The Lakers don't want to add any long-term salary. If they won't take a one or two year deal we are not signing them which is why we can't get anybody worth a damn. We are DONE making moves except for some vet min contracts. If we really wanted Stephenson we would have went hard after him when we didnt have to do all these "salary gymnastics" just to scrape together enough money to make a decent offer.
    Last edited by bleedprple&gold; 07-14-2014 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Bingo! Philly was the team where lin should have been traded in the first place, they have some capspace.

vCash
    the lakers need more players like him if they are to attract quality free agents. Don’t think of it as “will stars come to play with lance stephenson?” but rather “will stars come to play on a barren roster devoid of talented players?”. I think the answer to that question is “no” even with the lakers’ brand and history making the pitch. At some point the lakers need to start grabbing mid to upper-tier prospects — especially young ones — who can form the nucleus of a good team that superstars want to join or be the base of trades to acquire them.
    qft.

vCash
    I like the idea of trading the pick and Nash but for the right deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    It's probably a long shot, but what about Indy? S&T for Lance?

vCash
    Just read that Erysan is getting shopped hard. I'd take his **** deal and a couple of picks

vCash
    It's probably a long shot, but what about Indy? S&T for Lance?
    First time here, been watching you guys argue for about a year now. Nice to meet you all.

We don't have the assets to do a S&T for Lance. They wont take anyone we have besides Randle, and we want to keep him for the rebuilding process.

vCash
    I'm kind of mad that we didnt, try to go after Greg Monroe once Pau Gasol refused our 2 years/22 M$ and offered Hill 9M$

vCash
    HOU's pick isnt useless. I think it will be in the 15-20 range which isn't a bad pick at all.

vCash
    Just read that Erysan is getting shopped hard. I'd take his **** deal and a couple of picks
    So would I haha, especially from MIL.

vCash
    Here's hoping gr824 can shed some light on this (or anyone who knows his stuff re CBA)

Of that $7.5 million, Nick Young’s salary eats up a major piece of it. Remember, until he is signed, he is only on the books for the amount of his cap hold. After Young’s salary, the rest of the money is slated to go to Jordan Hill who, like young, will be paid more than the amount of his cap hold. So, basically, the Lakers don’t have any cap space
    but...

This is possible to do with Hill, but not Nick Young because the Lakers do not possess Young’s Bird Rights. They also need to fall below the cap to absorb Jeremy Lin’s contract
    That's exactly is what I inferred from Pincus tweets when he suggested Young would be signed using the MLE in case the PAU Gasol S&T went down.

...question is, can't we go over the cap using Young's cap hold then sign him for up to MLE's 5.3M?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast