Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

As of now how do you guys rank the East?

So I think most of the big trades have taken place except for perhaps the Kevin Love saga which is still ongoing but there seems to be an established collection of teams in the east that we can analyse (for now).

Some teams have strengthened like (even if only slightly):

Cavaliers (most obvious choice)
    With Lebron they're instant contenders but even more interesting is the support cast which is a young core of exciting and athletic players.

Bulls
    Adding Gasol gives them some frontcourt scoring, the question will be if its enough to carry the team over the scoring hump assuming Derrick Rose doesn't come back to full fitness.

Wizards
    The improved slightly by adding Pierce as a veteran presence to an already talented back-court.

Hawks
    Sefelosha is a noticeable addition

Some teams have weakened (some more than others) like: Heat, Magic, Nets

And the rest of the East has more or less stayed the same (this is discounting the effect certain rookies will have in their first year).

In light of what I see, I think the East will look something like this:

Pacers
    Cavaliers
    Wizards
    Bulls
    Heat
    Hawks
    Raptors
    Hornets

(I don't think DWill is going to last a whole season in which case the Nets are toast, also I think we still have plenty of lottery teams in the east from last year that are going to remain lottery teams.)

vCash
    1. Cavs
    2. Bulls
    3. Heat
    4. Pacers
    5. Wizards
    6-8. Raptors, Hawks, Nets and Hornets with 1 missing the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Knicks in here with a better system, they could work.

The top 5 should be pretty set though just in different orders.

vCash
    Indiana is not going to be that good.

Cleveland
    Chicago
    Miami
    Washington
    Indiana
    Hornets
    Toronto
    Atlanta

NJ is for sure missing the playoffs.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Cavs-Addition of LBJ and Wiggins has vaulted them. If they add Love, they will be a strong contender.

Bulls-Addition of Gasol is big. Also if Rose is healthy. they will be a major threat.

Pacers-They had their issues. But still have a good team and a good coach.

Wizards-Added PP and possibly Blair. They have depth. They will miss Ariza. But young guys will help out.

Heat-They will miss LBJ. But still should field a decent team with wade-bosh-deng

Raptors-They have good enough team to be at this spot. They made some subtle moves that should help them out.

Rest: Hornets, Hawks, Knicks and Nets-Hornets are growing as a group. They will be good. If Horford stays healthy, hawks can potentially move in to top 5 in the east. Knicks will be decent with a new coaching staff and a motivated C.Anthony. Nets's season depends on the health of JJ and Deron.

vCash
    Nets season depends on Lopez' health and how Hollins utilizes the players.

vCash
    we r the favs to win the division easily so we will be between 3 and 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    Indiana is not going to be that good.

Cleveland
    Chicago
    Miami
    Washington
    Indiana
    Hornets
    Toronto
    Atlanta

NJ is for sure missing the playoffs.
    umm washington and charlote r not better then us. after the trade our winning % was only under the spurs and heat...

vCash
    Why again is Washington ahead of us on everyone's list? I say Cleveland and Chicago are the top 2 teams and Chicago depends on health big time, Cleveland could take awhile to get going also. I think we end up winning the Atlantic again but have the 3-5 best overall record.

vCash
    We will win the division with ease, even if Melo is back who cares, their whole team is in shambles. They have lost their rim protector and are going to get exposed even more defensively.

Let's be honest people make fun of JKidd but the guy was able to outsmart a lot of coaches and helped propel that team. They've lost Pierce, KG is done and Deron is almost done.

Everyone in america and the main forum can be ignorant all they want. Raptors are going to be a 2 seed next year, 3 seed at worst because Wizards are just as scary.
    We have the most depth and have good solid role players. IDGAF what anyone says, Raps all dayy.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    We will win the division with ease, even if Melo is back who cares, their whole team is in shambles. They have lost their rim protector and are going to get exposed even more defensively.

Let's be honest people make fun of JKidd but the guy was able to outsmart a lot of coaches and helped propel that team. They've lost Pierce, KG is done and Deron is almost done.

Everyone in america and the main forum can be ignorant all they want. Raptors are going to be a 2 seed next year, 3 seed at worst because Wizards are just as scary.
    We have the most depth and have good solid role players. IDGAF what anyone says, Raps all dayy.
    this. ppl forget just how good we were. we were an elite team, one which was top ten in d and o which only a handful of teams were...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

2 seed might be a little ambitious but I also agree that it is totally possible. I see the top 4 teams in the East being Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Raptors in no particular order. Heat and Pacers at 5-6. Hornets and Hawks 7-8. New York and Brooklyn both miss the playoffs. Detroit is still dysfunctional. The rest are still bottom feeders for at least one more season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    2 seed might be a little ambitious but I also agree that it is totally possible. I see the top 4 teams in the East being Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Raptors in no particular order. Heat and Pacers at 5-6. Hornets and Hawks 7-8. New York and Brooklyn both miss the playoffs. Detroit is still dysfunctional. The rest are still bottom feeders for at least one more season.
    good post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    this. ppl forget just how good we were. we were an elite team, one which was top ten in d and o which only a handful of teams were...
    I know I saw that somewhere but was not sure if it was adjusted for level of competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    Those teams would probably in the mix to compete with the Raptors IMO. Heat still have a solid core in Bosh, Wade and Deng. With a different scheme, I expect Wade and Bosh to definitely improve. Bosh can probably average like 20 and 10 next year. Pacers still better if they keep Lance. Hawks adding Horford. Hornets haven't really improved but they weren't too bad last year.

vCash
    why do people have the nets so high ? I have them as a lottery team next year.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast