Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Michael Finley or Jerry Stackhouse?

These guys are forgotten because they played in the era of the likes of Iverson, Kobe, Carter, Allen, Wade, Ginobili etc (late 90's through 00's). Both played in uptempo systems through most of their career, which seems to have inflated their stats quite a bit (especially Stackhouse). Stackhouse was horrible when it came to efficiency, but put up the better prime numbers. One peaked a little higher, one had a longer prime.

Stackhouse

Career stats: 17 ppg, 3 rpg, 3.3 apg. 41/31/82 career shooting percentages.

Peak year: 29.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.1 apg. 40/35/82 shooting percentages. Had a 4 year prime before a rapid decline.

Finley

Career stats: 15.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.9 apg. 44.5/37.5/81 career shooting percentages.

Peak year: 22.6 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 5.3 apg. 46/40/82 shooting percentages. Had a 7 year prime before the decline started.

Early on my feeling is to take Michael Finley.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-14-2014 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    Did not realize Stackhouse was that mediocre overall. Figured he was around 22/5/4 per game

RUDY

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61c823s1Hwc

Film of Finley. Damn I didn't realize how often this guy posterized people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MjDd-VbthU

Jerry Stackhouse college and pros mix.

vCash
    Definitely Finley. More balanced player, better shooting, better passing, more consistent career. Nice peak.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Can't go wrong with either one, IMO, but I would take Finley.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    I'd go Finley. Will always have a soft spot for him for being drafted by Phoenix.

vCash
    Finley ez

vCash
    Finley went out to warm up before the blazers-mavs playoff game and watching him warm up, he didn't miss a single shot.

He, Nash and Nowitzki were a great trio to watch.

vCash
    Sayin Finley declined is misleading. He went to the Spurs and sacrificed his numbers for the team. Pop continually gets wing players to do that.

vCash
    Finley for me. Loved him and those Dallas teams with Nash and Dirk. Dude was a beast and I'm still bitter the Bulls picked ****ing Jason Caffey right before him. Would of been great for him to learn under MJ for a few years before taking over.

Stackhouse, though talented, was just too much of a chucker.

vCash
    Michael Finley was a beautiful player, and on top of that a beautiful man with those buck teeth.

vCash
    There both great if you want defense tho Finley and the scoring is with Stackhouse I'd have to stick with stackhouse tho he was a key player for mavs in championship loss
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey:28792021
    Sayin Finley declined is misleading. He went to the Spurs and sacrificed his numbers for the team. Pop continually gets wing players to do that.
    He averaged 15 a game in his last year with Dallas. Its definitely safe to say he declined while in Dallas

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Stackhouse was the better defender if I recall.

vCash
    I will always love what Finley did for the Mavs organization. Overall I think he was the better player. Early in his career he was actually a really good defender. However when Don Nelson go to Dallas he coached his teams to no play defense and in a way that kind of ruined Finley's game. And yes he did definitely posterize a lot of guys! Especially guys that played for Minnesota. They had a center I think was named Rasho Nasterovic (or something like that) that seemed like a magnet for getting posterized by Finley. He did have his flaws though. He never really had the best handles, especially in traffic. He use to kill me with some of his turnovers. He did have a great jump stop move that was damn near impossible to stop in his prime. By the time he left Dallas though he was clearly on the decline. A lot of fans was upset that he wet to the Spurs but for all the things he did for Dallas he deserved to win that ring. And in case you didn't know Cuban hired him a couple years ago to work with the scouting department. He attends every summer league game.

As for Stackhouse, he had something that Finley never had. An attitude. By the time he got to Dallas he brought a "don't F with me attitude" that Dallas needed. He was an awesome 6th man in Dallas and really they are very comparable players. At the end of the day though if I had a choice between either in their prime I'm taking Finley every time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast